Faulty Oil Sensor????

Started by timmyg_9, May 27, 2005, 08:06:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

timmyg_9

Hi everyone.... Could anyone possibly be able to tell me what the problem is based on my current scenario

I was in the A4 (2000) a few days ago and noticed that the oil sensor light had come on. Topped up the oil straight away and the computer read "ok" for the rest of the day. HOWEVER, later that night, the oil sensor light came back on! I checked for oil leaks (nothing) then checked the oil levels and they were full.

Restarted the car and the computer then read "ok" again. Then an hour later when i went to start the oil sensor light came on again!!! AHHHH!!

Could anyone tell me whether im just panicking and this is just a faulty sensor and is an easy fix? Thanks

bigbumper

A friend of mine had the same thing happen to him with his A4 2.6q last week.  He took it into Conti's and it was a faulty sensor - apparently its a common problem.  fyi it cost about $200 all up to repair.

tempq18t

I wondered why Brebbs Avante was at Conti's when I was drinking coffee with the Porsche lads on Wednesday ::)

timmyg_9

Sucks now that i work in Manukau, cant get the car into Contis in town. Does any one know of a reputible place out South where i can take the A4 to get it repaired?

bigbumper

Quote from: tempq18t on May 27, 2005, 08:50:16 AM
I wondered why Brebbs Avante was at Conti's when I was drinking coffee with the Porsche lads on Wednesday ::)

It wasn't Brebbs' Avant, it was Joszi's A4 sedan  :)

tempq18t

Quote from: bigbumper on May 27, 2005, 01:16:41 PM
It wasn't Brebbs' Avant, it was Joszi's A4 sedan? :)

Ah well, Brebbs Avant was in there Wednesday, Conti's must be raking it in at the moment