Fog lights

Started by 1.8t, June 05, 2005, 05:41:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

1.8t

Hey guys,

What does one need to do to get fog lights in a mk3?

Currently ive just got the reflectors in their place. Is it just a matter of getting hold of the light units, do I need any interior switches or anything?

Cheers  :)
Dudlee the 86 318i
Past.. 95 328i M Coupe, 97 Pug 306, 97 Vento

RS ZWEI

Quote from: 1.8t on June 05, 2005, 05:41:25 PM
Hey guys,

What does one need to do to get fog lights in a mk3?

Currently ive just got the reflectors in their place. Is it just a matter of getting hold of the light units, do I need any interior switches or anything?

Cheers? :)

To turn on the fog lights in a Mk3 you have to turn the lights till at least park and them pull the knob out, pull it again and the rear fog lights come on as well.
I cant see ya getting fog lights for your Vento, the lenses cost $80 each. You might want to look into what BSTING has or look at the tmtuning.com website.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

bsting

Fiddly job, if you dont have the wiring or switch set up. Save your money for mags.

hitmanGTI

thye have the switch setups on Ebay

bsting

Nick, if the next drive is on a saturday - can you bring your car ? I can show you 2 options.

The Admiral

Hey!

Front fogs? My understanding is that the wiring is already in place and all you should need is the switch. VW have two types of switch, one for rear-fogs only, and the more expensive one for both fronts and rears. The rears can only be activated when you have your main lights on (turn the switch fully clockwise, then pull). The fronts can be activated when you have your side lights or main lights on, again by pulling (half way?).

Cheers

Addy.

hitmanGTI

next drive i hopefully will have tail pipes yay!!