1999 A3 1.8t

Started by Dazanz, July 10, 2008, 09:09:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Dazanz

Sorry what do you mean about the sensors.?(but don't say I did not warn you about the pre and post CAT sensors).

GLIDN

on the imported Audi's they have an oxy sensor before the CAT and another one after the CAT.
So if you remove CAT the 2 sensors ends up reading virtually the same reading, and the CAR computer and cannot COMPUTE. therefore you end up with ECU fault codes and all things going haywire.

MY GTI is running Full turbo back System which is the Eurospec Exhaust i'm selling.
That has the bung for both pre and post CAT sensors. This kit also includes the CAT - high flow that is.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

Dazanz

Yes sorry I did see that. Is there anyway around that. will the car just not run correctly. To solve it do you get the car chipped.?

Trofeo

chipping won't help - but as mentioned you just need a bung (basically a nut welded onto the exhaust pipe and a hole drilled through) so you can put the sensors in the new exhaust.
2015 Amarok 4WD auto
2018 Golf R-Line Tsi

djrisk

Hey Hennie, i thought the 99 pre facelift model didnt have a post cat sensor and you could pull the cat out?
Him - Amarok highline
Her - S3 8P

Dazanz

Its at Mag and turbo getting the 18inch wheels tomorrow. When its up on the hoist I will have a look at how many sensors it has. If there is two then I am best just to leave the car stock. The standard airfilter is like new and its quite a fast little car. My wife is too scared to floor it anyway as its her second car and her first was a Nissan Avenir stationwagon. really its just for me when I pull up next to a japa or GTI :) ;)

GLIDN

Tom from what i know the A3 and A4 both have pre and post CAT sensors on the imports. At least my Sisters in laws A3 turbo has 2 sensors and hers is also a 99.

Dazanz - I would again suggest replacing all the vacuum hoses and the DV first and foremost.
Once that is done the car should run alot better and use less gas too.
then doing the panel replacement and also the TIP.
If then you are still not 100% satisfied do the DP.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

Dazanz

Yep point taken. Vacuum hoses and DV next week. Filter and TPI when the filter needs replacing.
Thanks for all your advice.

Dazanz

Boy theres a lot of hoses. which ones are the best to replace. They are all in not bad condition but there is some very small surface cracks just starting so i can see why its good to replace them. The hose from the Intercooler to the inlet manifold looks very restrictive. Will this help to replace it with some aftermarket turbo pipe.
hope my attachment loads