1 round of, 'guess what happened'..

Started by Natesgti, July 19, 2008, 01:21:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Natesgti

A total of 1$ will be won by the first to say what happened..

Dub_luver

Turbo

2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

Natesgti

yessir!!! anyone got a spare shaft or cv. Are mk2 gti inner c.v's the same as mk3 vr6/gti shafts?/

DUKIT

I have got some spare shafts and inner c.v's but i believe theyre standard mk2 and i think you have the vr6 setup like me don't you?
anyway theyre there if your keen to have a look. ;) i think the c.v's are the same but the shafts are obviously different
07 RS4 sedan
86 GTI 16v

BB

I believe there are big and small inner cv sizes. you have a VR6 outer set up but your gearbox is just a standard mk2 8v box isn't it, so they are probibly the small ones.
how did you bust it? Dropping the clutch with the wheels on hard lock? Was it clicking for a while or did it just let go?
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

Natesgti

Quote from: b5tqkid on July 20, 2008, 08:56:33 AM
I have got some spare shafts and inner c.v's but i believe theyre standard mk2 and i think you have the vr6 setup like me don't you?
anyway theyre there if your keen to have a look. ;) i think the c.v's are the same but the shafts are obviously different

yeah i got the vr6 setup like you, was yours that white coupe at platinum on the jacks a little while ago having some gearbox issue? if so, dam nice man! has it had a respray?? Thanks for the offer, but i still had my old driveshafts, i checked out the cv's and theyre identical, gave my old one a good as clean with kerosene and some new cv grease and im away! ( but  need a wheel alignment :-S)

Quote from: BB on July 20, 2008, 10:38:09 AM
I believe there are big and small inner cv sizes. you have a VR6 outer set up but your gearbox is just a standard mk2 8v box isn't it, so they are probibly the small ones.
how did you bust it? Dropping the clutch with the wheels on hard lock? Was it clicking for a while or did it just let go?

As long as they have the same flange size i believe that they are the same inner cv.. Nah, it hadnt been clicking on lock or anything, only when i pushed the accelerator down, you know? Well, i just booted it out of my friends driveway, up the street and then CRRRRCHHSHSHSHTTT CRRCK CRICKCC, then there was no more driving :-( First tow! haha good stuff.

DUKIT

yea thats the one. i busted the box on the track and then they found out that the 5 stud conversion was a half ass job. f**king major
07 RS4 sedan
86 GTI 16v

Natesgti

Quote from: b5tqkid on July 20, 2008, 09:03:06 PM
yea thats the one. i busted the box on the track and then they found out that the 5 stud conversion was a half ass job. f**king major

why halfass? whatd the leave out??

veedubman

VR6

From a quick look at it on the hoist I think it had the WRONG AXLES INSTALLED. Anytime any lock was applied the axles were pulling the engine over. The axles were the wrong length. Then the lower arms had been drilled to accept the VR6 stub axle. This made the wheel sit way back to far.

Natesgti

best to swap everything over imo. arms, swaybar, shafts carrier and then you know itll fit right. Someone said you could use mk2 arms with a bit of modding on the u.k forums but i didnt want to..

did you resolve the problem bt5qkid?

DUKIT

yep shes all sweet now new box and propper suspension its like a whole new car  8);).  we needed to put in new shafts, vr6 lower arms and anti roll bar. was a complete cock up and took allot of trial and error which had Nigel stressed on a number of occasions I believe.
p&h suspension city in Hamilton had done the original conversion back in 2003 and they charged an arm and a leg for the work as well so I would not suggest you go to them for suspension conversions of any sort. :-[ :-[ 
07 RS4 sedan
86 GTI 16v

Natesgti

Quote from: b5tqkid on July 21, 2008, 07:14:17 PM
yep shes all sweet now new box and propper suspension its like a whole new car  8);).  we needed to put in new shafts, vr6 lower arms and anti roll bar. was a complete cock up and took allot of trial and error which had Nigel stressed on a number of occasions I believe.
p&h suspension city in Hamilton had done the original conversion back in 2003 and they charged an arm and a leg for the work as well so I would not suggest you go to them for suspension conversions of any sort. :-[ :-[ 

you werent the owner then i guess? anyway, good to hear its all sorted! Hopefully soon there will be 2 16v's with 5 stud conversion :-)

DUKIT

no ive only had the car for a little while, it was the guy who had it from new that had the original conversion done
07 RS4 sedan
86 GTI 16v

BB

Poor little Richy, he sure like to spend money on his VWs. Its amazing what can be wrong with cars that people muck around on :P
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

HandsomeDan

Quote from: Turbo on July 19, 2008, 01:55:52 PM
isn't that the gun of a dalek?
No - Daleks are peaceful now, aren;t they?
1998 Mk III Golf,
1992 B4 Audi 80
2007 Toyota RAV4
2000 Mazda SP20 AWD (JDM Mazdaspeed Edition)
1996 Toyota Starlet - daily hack
2003 Opel Zafira GSi 2.2
2007 Volvo XC70

DUKIT

Quote from: BB on July 22, 2008, 09:54:54 AM
Poor little Richy, he sure like to spend money on his VWs. Its amazing what can be wrong with cars that people muck around on :P
Who you calling little >:( ;D
07 RS4 sedan
86 GTI 16v