ABF into mk 1

Started by BB, July 25, 2008, 09:58:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

portmanteau

Quote from: dubstar on July 29, 2008, 01:36:55 PM
No, if you read the whole thread it shows how to use the mk3 ecu/loom/keys.  perhaps read more, write less ;D

lol ;)

the title of the thread is a bit of a clue: " Toyotecs guide to installing an ABF engine in your G2. KJet, Digi3 & MS V3X 17/07/08"

"less haste -more speed"

'94 S2 Avant N300 Nothelle, '94 S2 Sedan '84 urq,'80 Golf GTI replica, '83 Rocco GTI, '99 TT, '07 Q7, '99 S4 Avant, '86 90Q, '63 DKW Junior, other non-VAG collectibles, & 2 lonely 200Q

BB

Damn thats what got me too..... i will have a look again, i only saw what VR6 saw as well :P
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

BB

Ok while there is some help to me on that thread its the green wire that goes to 46 on the 63 pin plug, dont really want to just tape the transponder to the box I want to use the key properly.
That post is regarding installing a ABF into a mk2 digi car and fitting a tiny bit of the loom to the mk2 digi loom. I am fitting the whole mk3 loom in regards to the engine ECU and immobilizer to a mk1.
i am keeping all my old fuse box and will run my old wires to the temp gauge and oil pressure switch, alt light etc on the new engine.
My old system will start and run the fuel pump ( the auto cut out dosent work and it has a standard relay in there anyway :P I will try and correct this later)
i may later rewire my old loom to the plugs on the back of the mk 3 fuse box.....................but i doubt it very much.

portmanteau

Quote from: BB on July 29, 2008, 03:49:19 PM
Damn thats what got me too..... i will have a look again, i only saw what VR6 saw as well :P

I was sorta wondering why you were asking all the questions that were already answered in that thread ;)

'94 S2 Avant N300 Nothelle, '94 S2 Sedan '84 urq,'80 Golf GTI replica, '83 Rocco GTI, '99 TT, '07 Q7, '99 S4 Avant, '86 90Q, '63 DKW Junior, other non-VAG collectibles, & 2 lonely 200Q

portmanteau

Quote from: BB on July 29, 2008, 04:07:46 PM
That post is regarding installing a ABF into a mk2 digi car and fitting a tiny bit of the loom to the mk2 digi loom. I am fitting the whole mk3 loom in regards to the engine ECU and immobilizer to a mk1.

ok, I was assuming you had a mk2.  (DOH @ me ... I too should read thread titles!)

when I upgraded both my 1600 scirocco and 1600 mk1, I used 1800cc RV motors (8-valve) and retained the k-jet, so can't help you much more :)

(I'd take k-jet over Digifant, any day of the week)

BB

Quote from: portmanteau on July 29, 2008, 04:11:49 PM

(I'd take k-jet over Digifant, any day of the week)

Err why ??? Havent we already kinda gone there with michael and his carbs ::) K-jet is old. Digi 3.2 is a modern EFI set up, it will give me good economy and good power, plus if i decide to add a mega squirt later so i can tune, it will be easy.

Period_Correct_

Quote from: BB on July 30, 2008, 09:31:00 AM
Err why ??? Havent we already kinda gone there with michael and his carbs ::) K-jet is old. Digi 3.2 is a modern EFI set up, it will give me good economy and good power, plus if i decide to add a mega squirt later so i can tune, it will be easy.

lol it would of been easy on the race engine too... :D
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

BB

Quote from: NasTnaS on July 30, 2008, 09:57:31 AM
lol it would of been easy on the race engine too... :D

But the reason I didn't want the race motor was compression Nigel. I want to run a car on pump gas not race gas. 

Period_Correct_

Quote from: BB on July 30, 2008, 10:06:31 AM

But the reason I didn't want the race motor was compression Nigel. I want to run a car on pump gas not race gas. 

thats fine jem... i just wanted to see that race motor at full potential... all good mate.
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

BB

Hopefully you will ;D Nick is going to do it.

BB

The pulleys and alt off a mk3 with no A/C.
Also note the cam cover is cut to allow the mk1 front engine mount to fit.

BB

This plug I thought was the coil plug but its not, it goes to the mk3 gearbox.
The coil plug I had chopped off :P but thats the beauty of colored wire ;) You can solder it all back together.

BB

The broken wire covering on the crank angle sensor, lucky Bsting had given me an almost new one ;)

BB

Almost brand new cap and rotor (not pictured) that Bsting also gave me ;D

veedubman

Woo Hoo Go Jemery!

This will be kewl!

BB

The old cam belt tensioner, note the little tag that had broken off the adjuster part!
I ended up returning the Partmaster tensioner as Platnuim has them for $125 including! YAY!

BB

Special coil that you need.

BB

And this is the ignition, as you can see it should fit onto a standard mk1 column, so i will be able to keep it immobilized when I have the key in my pocket ;) Just need to get a new spare key? How do you do this? Do you buy one from the dealers and get it vag comed?

BB

I will post up some pic's of what i did to the loom once i have made sure that i have done the correct stuff to it :P
To be honest its not that hard i just need Bsting to lend me his mk3 ABF manual. Ill PM him now.

BB

Motor in now easy peasy even the dizzy was fine, brendon had a clearance issure with his KR 16v but this one has heaps of room.