56 Oval

Started by 57oval, July 31, 2008, 09:38:29 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Angle

It looks to be a real beaut. "Offer I can't refuse" ...... I'll check back in later. The shed is taking up all my 'offer' money  ;D The only detractor is that it might be too new!

qta4

No don't buy it Dennis, your wife will leave you ;D
Skill is, sucessfully tightrope walking across the Niagra Falls.
Intelligence is, having the sense not to do it.

Bullseye

Quote from: qta4 on September 02, 2008, 07:23:47 PM

. . . . more space tho  ;D
B8 A4 Avant - soon to be eating Chips

qta4

Oh well then, buy it
Skill is, sucessfully tightrope walking across the Niagra Falls.
Intelligence is, having the sense not to do it.

vonripsnorter

Quote from: 57oval on September 02, 2008, 07:09:49 PM
If anyone is interested in Vonripsnorter's beetle, you won't find a better car. It easily won our ChCh Nationals, hands down. This is an incredibly sound example of a beetle of this era. Highly recommended.

However, I would still prefer to see you hang on to it Paul!!
Wow, Even I didn't think it was THAT good :)
But I guess thats whats its like when you have the car your self, I think there is 'always' room for improvement.

My Golf took 1st prize in the watercooled at the same Nationals but when it came time to sell....................... :-\

I have to hang on to the beetle really as I know I would kick myself later!! & I have this fair that some munter would lower it & put big ICE & twin carbs etc & lower its value big time & irreversibly in the eyes of the perfectionists. Its "only" a 1300 I know & it was made in what I call the "Forgotten years" in NZ (1965 to 1968)

I can think of a car I would sell it for & that would be so called 'Mint67' , if thats as good as I'm hoping, I'm sure that car will grace my garage one day ;)

vonripsnorter

Quote from: rambo_005 on September 02, 2008, 05:56:22 PM
Very very tidy... still have a soft spot for aircooleds, but I'd much rather have one with a Porsche badge ;)
Did you notice the 356 rims ;) & after all, the car WAS designed by Mr Porsche :D

Without Mr Porsche, we wouldn't have the Beetle & with out the beetle, we wouldn't have Porsche

Angle

Quote from: qta4 on September 02, 2008, 07:23:47 PM

You're right. Since I've got the shed sorted I've got the space, so perhaps you should gift it? That would solve my problem.

vonripsnorter

Quote from: AngleBox on September 02, 2008, 08:30:32 PM
so perhaps you should gift it
Sure thing, Its in the post!

57oval

Quote from: vonripsnorter on September 02, 2008, 08:07:52 PM

I can think of a car I would sell it for & that would be so called 'Mint67'

I was thinking that you may have a new addition to your stable, hence the reason you were thinking about selling.
03' NZ New 4Motion Passat
MK2 GTI
56' Oval Beetle - stock
56' Oval Beetle - stock, project
57' Oval Beetle - modified, 2165cc engine, narrowed beam with disc brakes - project
65' Kombi
66' Split Kombi - Devon Torvette with Dormobile Pop Top
86 T25 Westfalia

80 Vert

I doubt you would ever find another as nice again, something to think about if you did consider selling.
After all there's less and less decent Beetle's around.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration