Elephant's Graveyard

Started by portmanteau, August 07, 2008, 03:42:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

portmanteau

The day of reckoning is arriving for at least two of the three 200s that are fighting for survival behind the barn!

The 2wd saloon (see pic) has not got many more parts of use, but if anybody wants doors, dashboard parts, rear running gear, or glass, speak now!

The avant just surrendered its G60 discs and calipers to go onto the urq, and that might be the beginning of the end for her.

There is still another quattro saloon not in the pic :-/

'94 S2 Avant N300 Nothelle, '94 S2 Sedan '84 urq,'80 Golf GTI replica, '83 Rocco GTI, '99 TT, '07 Q7, '99 S4 Avant, '86 90Q, '63 DKW Junior, other non-VAG collectibles, & 2 lonely 200Q

HandsomeDan

^^Which one^^ is your daily driver? ;D
1998 Mk III Golf,
1992 B4 Audi 80
2007 Toyota RAV4
2000 Mazda SP20 AWD (JDM Mazdaspeed Edition)
1996 Toyota Starlet - daily hack
2003 Opel Zafira GSi 2.2
2007 Volvo XC70

Pushbutton_auto

:o   Never seen 3 audis in a worse state !   :police:
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

5-pot

What engines have they got? KG?  I might need some relays and stuff from the loom... 
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

BB

Quote from: 5-pot on August 07, 2008, 05:00:23 PM
What engines have they got? KG?  I might need some relays and stuff from the loom... 
I got all the relays in the world you could ever want up here in Auckland 5-pot.
pristle will be wanting the 80s indicator ens tho, hens teeth those are now.
Has the avant got the sport seats? And I need the speedo drive out of a quattro and also the rear suspesion links and bush parts from a quattro avant  ;D I would be so happy if I could get a speedo drive.
Show you a pic of the rear suspension bits i need.
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

Pushbutton_auto

next question is, where is the farm ?   >:D
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

BB

slayer00

Quote from: BB on August 07, 2008, 06:18:13 PM

Damn I just threw out a pair last weekend

gti vr6

nice looking storage/resting place they have to see their days out
1986 Mk2 Scirocco
2021 T6.1 4M LWB Transporter Trendline

portmanteau

'94 S2 Avant N300 Nothelle, '94 S2 Sedan '84 urq,'80 Golf GTI replica, '83 Rocco GTI, '99 TT, '07 Q7, '99 S4 Avant, '86 90Q, '63 DKW Junior, other non-VAG collectibles, & 2 lonely 200Q

portmanteau

Quote from: 5-pot on August 07, 2008, 05:00:23 PM

Avant is a KG

portmanteau

Quote from: BB on August 07, 2008, 06:18:13 PM

I think the other side is there too - will check tomorrow

It was a very late type-85 80 with KE-jet - 1987 I think

Has the avant got the sport seats?

1/2 Leather with full electrics and memory.  Some stitching has parted on the driver's squab, but the old saloon in the photo has exactly the same trim.

True mileage on the Avant would be approaching 500,000 miles - never missed a beat in its life. Water-cooled turbo, 1987.  Manual Quattro, of course

QuoteAnd I need the speedo drive out of a quattro

what actually happens to them?  I remember bumping the top loose on one once, and it just carefully clipped back together, and was fine afterwards.  Do they get an electronic failure, or does something wear out?  I was aware that they are NLA and hard to come by, but before I sell one I would need to be sure that they are not the same as in the urq

Quoteand also the rear suspesion links and bush parts from a quattro avant

It's all still there. I do remember replacing one of those very expensive top links with new, not long before she was taken off the road.

John Stone

Quote from: portmanteau on August 07, 2008, 08:13:39 PM
what actually happens to them?  I remember bumping the top loose on one once, and it just carefully clipped back together, and was fine afterwards.  Do they get an electronic failure, or does something wear out?  I was aware that they are NLA and hard to come by, but before I sell one I would need to be sure that they are not the same as in the urq

Drive is different, hall sender unit (top half) is the same as in urq - KEEP IT ;)

John
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

portmanteau

Quote from: John Stone on August 08, 2008, 06:56:52 AM
Drive is different, hall sender unit (top half) is the same as in urq - KEEP IT ;)

Thanks for that - so I guess my answer should be that I would sell the drive portion of one, if that helps somebody else out, and I only need to keep the Hall sender

BB

Yay that is exactly the part I need as the gear box was low on oil and the plastic gear has worn down so that it wont get spun now you are welcome to keep the top part and i would love the plastic gear if possible.
And yes the top link is whats worn on mine too, if you are willing to pull apart the avant rear suspension joints and bushes and pack them and send them we will pay you as long as its not insane...... you know what these cars are worth now and how far the spending trail goes so if you will do it for money but also for the fact of keeping one on the road I am also happy to oblige.

BB

Quote from: Michael on August 07, 2008, 06:40:44 PM
Damn I just threw out a pair last weekend
Anyone who belongs to a club like this and then throws away a rare and so easily broken part without asking if somebody on here wants them is ........ but were beginning to find this a bit of a theme for you Michael. ::)

gti vr6

Quote from: BB on August 08, 2008, 09:53:29 AM
Anyone who belongs to a club like this and then throws away a rare and so easily broken part without asking if somebody on here wants them is ........ but were beginning to find this a bit of a theme for you Michael. ::)

There are some great, helpful & HONEST people in here. Shame Michael is not one of them
1986 Mk2 Scirocco
2021 T6.1 4M LWB Transporter Trendline

portmanteau

Quote from: BB on August 08, 2008, 09:50:39 AM
Yay that is exactly the part I need as the gear box was low on oil and the plastic gear has worn down so that it wont get spun now you are welcome to keep the top part and i would love the plastic gear if possible.
And yes the top link is whats worn on mine too, if you are willing to pull apart the avant rear suspension joints and bushes and pack them and send them we will pay you as long as its not insane...... you know what these cars are worth now and how far the spending trail goes so if you will do it for money but also for the fact of keeping one on the road I am also happy to oblige.

I'll be happy to help you once the weather improves and I get time to start stripping the avant.

Feel free to remind me in about a months time, OK? :)

BB

Quote from: portmanteau on August 08, 2008, 03:02:26 PM
I'll be happy to help you once the weather improves and I get time to start stripping the avant.

Feel free to remind me in about a months time, OK? :)

The speedo drive is real easy to take out and then separate the gear from the transponder, I reaally need the speedo drive for a wof soon. If possible of course :)

BB