Am I man enough to own a yellow Car???

Started by Audi-man, August 25, 2008, 04:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Audi-man

There is a really nice 01 S4 Avant with only 69K's on the clock.

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Audi/S4/auction-169436629.htm

It's really-really nice - but it's yellow    ???

No offence to the other yellow car owners, but it's not my first pick and I'm just not sure if I'd regret it 3 months down the track.

I know its a nice yellow (as far as yellows go), but I need some independent advice - is this a gay man's coloured car or can I be cool in a yellow car?

HaNs

Y0RKI

Are you comfortable with your sexuality?
I would take it if you have to ask the question about the car then you arent.
Dont get it
Everything is for sale, you just have to offer the right money
2002 Maserati 4200 Spyder
2006 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA - For Sale
2001 Fiat Coupe 20Vt Le - gone
1998 Fiat Bravo HGT - gone
1996 Fiat Coupe 16vt - gone
1990 Fiat Uno Turbo - gone (to heaven)
1986 Fiat Uno Turbo - gone

bedrmninja

i would personally regret it after 3hours....  :-*

veedubman

HandsomeDan

I'd be man enough for a yellow car. More than man enough.

I love that colour on an Audi.
1998 Mk III Golf,
1992 B4 Audi 80
2007 Toyota RAV4
2000 Mazda SP20 AWD (JDM Mazdaspeed Edition)
1996 Toyota Starlet - daily hack
2003 Opel Zafira GSi 2.2
2007 Volvo XC70

5-pot

You're only as gay as the guy you're feeling. ::)
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

HandsomeDan

1998 Mk III Golf,
1992 B4 Audi 80
2007 Toyota RAV4
2000 Mazda SP20 AWD (JDM Mazdaspeed Edition)
1996 Toyota Starlet - daily hack
2003 Opel Zafira GSi 2.2
2007 Volvo XC70

veedubman

Turbo

getting plugged in the arse.

but yellow is cool.
pink is gay.

take it for a test drive and see how you think people are reacting to you.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

spooln

Lower chance of someone bumping into you....(another vehicle driver that is)
77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

Audi-man

After some thought, maybe 'man enough' is not the right term. I don't like the gay connotations.

Maybe I'm thinking yellow is a "chicks colour", not a "blokes colour"

Maybe I should ask "am I too conservative to own a yellow car?" (even though I live in Helen's electorate, I'll be voting JK!)

I am warming to the colour (gone from totally dismissing to seriously considering)

I'm just concerned I'll wake up one day to go to work and think 'oh man this colour is like a hangover'

Turbo

probably the opposite.
you'll convince yourself that it's cool and rubbish anyone who disagrees.

ask mtms3 who had a yellow s3 and there's another yellow s4 vasker too.
rex had a yellow rs4, swore by it.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

omad

Quote from: Turbo on August 25, 2008, 05:19:05 PM
but yellow is cool.
pink is gay.

Truer words have never been spoken...

But, i agree, it is highly likely people will see you in this thing... But as they say, the car goes where the eyes go, hence people crash into the only lamp post on the side of the road, so i reckon, you have a higher chance of being hit in this car!!!

My missus won't let me buy a yellow car. She says it would look gay, but i still think it looks cool...
1999 Golf GTI ABT
2009 Suzuki Jimny, 19.9% VAG and 1300cc's of off-road goodness...

Filx

I vote in favour of the yellow - I always really liked the dakar yellow on the E36 M3s when they first came out (no pun intended  ;D :P).

If it were me I'd just "man it up a bit" with some privacy glass, a small ride height adjustment and and some nice dark coloured (gunmetal maybe?) wheels. Also (again only IMHO) I'd lose the chrome mirrors as well - they look like a cheap bathroom fitting.
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

bigbumper

back in the day I had a yellow Alfa which was sh*t hot... the yellow wheels were a bit much though, so I replaced them with some dark grey alloys (like Filx suggests).  It used to get lots of admiring comments from guys & girls alike. 

Not very discreet though, and I certainly used to get recognised... not good when its parked outside the pub all evening and then you call in sick the next day...  ::)

I say embrace your inner yellow

Bullseye

Quote from: Filx on August 25, 2008, 05:43:42 PM
If it were me I'd just "man it up a bit" with some privacy glass, a small ride height adjustment and and some nice dark coloured (gunmetal maybe?) wheels.

Could not agree more - also nothing better than fast yellow to annoy your mates.

So now you have:
Chip
Exhaust
Privacy Glass
Suspension
Wheels
B8 A4 Avant - soon to be eating Chips

Turbo

yeah. tints solve your problem. only people who know you know you have it.

you know. like your boyfriend.

(jokes)

qta4

I would have a yellow S4 Avant,no problem.
IMO Yellow is the second best colour after BLACK, but black is a bitch to own as a daily driver(never looks clean).

We only use our S4 Avant(black) on trips for this reason.
Skill is, sucessfully tightrope walking across the Niagra Falls.
Intelligence is, having the sense not to do it.

Angle

Yellow is the bomb!! I love yellow, but would get some nice rims (black or shadow chrome like the last M5 ran) and lower it with a light grey tint.