Am I man enough to own a yellow Car???

Started by Audi-man, August 25, 2008, 04:33:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

rambo_005

They look cool... I'd be happy with it as it is 8)

Bullseye

Quote from: Turbo on August 25, 2008, 06:30:46 PM
you know. like your boyfriend.

(jokes)

Is it still a boyfriend after the hormone treatments . . . . . ?   ;D
B8 A4 Avant - soon to be eating Chips

Turbo

Quote from: Bullseye on August 25, 2008, 07:04:49 PM
Is it still a boyfriend after the hormone treatments . . . . . ?   ;D
no, it's an idiot.

that's a few grand you could have spent on an exhaust and chip.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

djrisk

I was going to get a yellow S3 but the wife thought it was gay (go figure)
Yellow is fine for me, as long as you have the chrome wing mirrors. Plus im glad someone out there wants to pay $29 for a yellow B5 S4 8)
Him - Amarok highline
Her - S3 8P

vaudiw

mmm... never realised this was a sexual thing, I thought everyone was looking at the car not me.

Yellow certainly polarises opinions, unlike silver or black. You'll always get a comment on the colour.

Yellow wasn't my first choice either, nor was a sedan. I was really after a black avant, however when I was looking over a 3 mth period there were bugger all S4's on the market and the yellow sedan was the best condition by far. I couldn't wait for another to come along...

It's much the same now, how long can you wait until another car of similar condition comes along in a more "acceptable" colour?

I pained over the decision before, much like you (never thought of the angle of being a girls colour tho) and had after thoughts, but don't know that I really regreted the decision. If I do I go for a drive and all is forgiven ;D

Cool cars come in yellow Ferraris, Porsche, Evos all come in Yellow. Audi used to use Imola in alot of its promotional material, so someone in PR must have thought it was cool... And for the trainspotters I think Imola was only available (as standard) for the RS/S cars.

Being different can be a good thing - and you'll never lose your car in the parking lot again ;D

Have you been to see the car in the flesh? Yellow tends to look alot brigher in photos than in real life.

beeker

14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

BB

People will stare at you more is about it, I think they will just see you better rather than drive into you more :-\ If its what you want other than the colour then just buy it and can bomb it matt black and that will make it real cool, and gold can the wheels
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

rambo_005

Quote from: GlenT on August 25, 2008, 09:37:53 PM
Damn!!! The "Widow Maker" is just way too cool.

8) 8) ...and regardless of colour, not a 'gay' car

rambo_005

Filx

FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

GTI's

5-pot

Quote from: jasoncordelle on August 25, 2008, 05:08:49 PM
So how gay ARE you? ;D

If you're not "feeling" a guy, you're not gay!  :P  I'm not "feeling" any guys so, I'm straight as.  And, therein lies the brilliance of the statement.  Unless you're a girl.  Then the aforementioned statement may not apply.
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

Audi-man

Quote from: vaudiw on August 25, 2008, 09:15:14 PM
mmm... never realised this was a sexual thing, I thought everyone was looking at the car not me.

ROTFLMAO! - I just spat my porridge out onto my keyboard!

veedubman

Quote from: Filx on August 25, 2008, 05:43:42 PM
I'd lose the chrome mirrors as well - they look like a cheap bathroom fitting.

I think young flixy just came out too :P

jks

Audi-man

Quote from: vaudiw on August 25, 2008, 09:15:14 PM

Yellow wasn't my first choice either, nor was a sedan. I was really after a black avant, however when I was looking over a 3 mth period there were bugger all S4's on the market and the yellow sedan was the best condition by far. I couldn't wait for another to come along...

It's much the same now, how long can you wait until another car of similar condition comes along in a more "acceptable" colour?

Humm there is a lot of truth in this....... I don't know how long I can wait. I'm trying to justify owning a mello-yellow - big banana.

I'm really gutted I mucked around with the silver 01 avant that Global Prestige had. I could have owned that car for $20K. I wanted to think about it for a day, and then someone snaffled it - bastards!

veedubman

hmmmm

what ever you do.. buy NZ New

im no longer buying imported cars..

BB

The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

vaudiw

Quote from: Filx on August 25, 2008, 05:43:42 PM
Also (again only IMHO) I'd lose the chrome mirrors as well - they look like a cheap bathroom fitting.

Damn, now I'm really feeling insecure, i've got a yellow car and I've just ordered some chrome mirrors :-[