is it snowing?

Started by foyboy, June 07, 2005, 09:04:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

foyboy

today when i started up my car it had a picture of a snow flake next to the temp just wonedering what it means

thanks

eddyg

Quote from: foyboy on June 07, 2005, 09:04:15 PM
today when i started up my car it had a picture of a snow flake next to the temp just wonedering what it means

It is an ice warning. It comes on at or below 5 degrees to warm that there may be black ice on the road, so take care.

Isn't Audi considerate :)

Cheers, Ed.

tempq18t

Hey Eddyg, do you know what the code In2 is that flashes on my trip meter everytime I start my A4   ???

eddyg

Quote from: tempq18t on June 08, 2005, 08:29:48 AM
Hey Eddyg, do you know what the code In2 is that flashes on my trip meter everytime I start my A4? ????

Nope - sorry. Are you sure that it is "In2"? Not a service interval indication? That should be "Service in 200km".. Maybe you are missing the "Service" and a few 0's?

Cheers, Ed.

tempq18t

Definitely just in2 showing, odd thing being it has been there for the past 6thousand k  :-\

foyboy

i have that ln2 as well

tempq18t

Quote from: foyboy on June 08, 2005, 12:03:33 PM
i have that ln2 as well

Anything not work that you know of so I can check on mine

EVL A4

Well arent you lucky i only got In1

tempq18t

Maybe you are first EVL A4 and I need to speed up  ;D

eddyg

Quote from: eddyg on June 08, 2005, 10:11:19 AM
Quote from: tempq18t on June 08, 2005, 08:29:48 AM
Hey Eddyg, do you know what the code In2 is that flashes on my trip meter everytime I start my A4? ????

Nope - sorry. Are you sure that it is "In2"? Not a service interval indication? That should be "Service in 200km".. Maybe you are missing the "Service" and a few 0's?

Cheers, Ed.

I was right, it is the service indicator. Unlike the later Audis which actually spell it out for you apparently these older ones are a bit more cryptic.

See http://www.audiforums.com/m_4084/tm.htm

Cheers, Ed.

tempq18t

Cool, cheers for that. Nothing to worry about in other words