German Plates

Started by Poonmobile, September 15, 2008, 09:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poonmobile

So....
Cruising down College yesterday, just minding my own business, not speeding or doing anything silly and I get pulled over by a cop :police:. He says "nothing to panic about but i just wanted to let you know your plate is illegal, and we will be cracking down on them. No ticket, just a warning". He said that the NZ plates have a hologram and as such, the german plates don't and were illegal, even tho they are reflective on aluminium etc, etc.

Is this just another revenue making thing and can we fight this?
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

veedubman

they are cracking down about it as they are looking for other means of revenue..

so if you search the forum you will see there is plenty of heated debate about this bullcrap topic

i havent botherd changing mine and im not going to

damn them.

GlenT

They can get f@#ked!
I've printed off the legislation from the LTSA (or whatever they call themselves now) website in the hope one of pigs will pull me over for this reason so I can show them they have nothing on us.

HandsomeDan

No way to fight it.

You either pay the incredible price for a NZ issued one or you pay the incredible price to run with the German plates and get busted.
1998 Mk III Golf,
1992 B4 Audi 80
2007 Toyota RAV4
2000 Mazda SP20 AWD (JDM Mazdaspeed Edition)
1996 Toyota Starlet - daily hack
2003 Opel Zafira GSi 2.2
2007 Volvo XC70

veedubman

the only reason they will be enforcing this is because they probably beleive people are printing off incorrect numbers and stealing when in fact

dick heads that do that are just stealing plates..

RobClubley

Wait and see I guess.
Another excuse to buy a PPlate with Euros I guess.
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

-----

Quote from: Poonmobile on September 15, 2008, 09:17:16 AM
to panic about but i just wanted to let you know your plate is illegal, and we will be cracking down on them.

are you running the german D plate or the german NZ plate
2003 MK4 Jetta VR6 24V 4M S/C - Sold
1999 MK4 Golf GTI Oettinger - Sold

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

Audidude

Quote from: GlenT on September 15, 2008, 09:34:36 AM
They can get f@#ked!
I've printed off the legislation from the LTSA (or whatever they call themselves now) website in the hope one of pigs will pull me over for this reason so I can show them they have nothing on us.

It's going to take a test case and/or complaint to the Commerce Commission to sort this I suspect.
Or we can roll over and let the bastards grind their jackboots into our faces  >:( >:(

I'll be the first to donate to someone's legal fees if there's a test case.

PLEDGE: $100 (any more pledges?)
'90 Audi ur quattro 20v Tornado Red
'15 VW Amarok Highline 4Motion auto
'99 BMW M5 E39 (For Sale, see TM)
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM K20A - Circuit race car
'96 Honda Integra Type R DC2 JDM, Championship White
'15 Renault Megane 265 RS, Capsicum Red
'03 Porsche 911 996.2 C2, Black, full leather interior

Poonmobile

Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

veedubman

Quote from: Audidude on September 15, 2008, 12:33:05 PM
It's going to take a test case and/or complaint to the Commerce Commission to sort this I suspect.
Or we can roll over and let the bastards grind their jackboots into our faces  >:( >:(

I'll be the first to donate to someone's legal fees if there's a test case.

PLEDGE: $100 (any more pledges?)

Im happy to pledge at least 100

Y0RKI

i've just been done for about 10 cars.
try that one! haha

We have stickers on totally legit Personalised Plates and they have said no to that also.
we are deforming the proprty of PP apparently and it is illegal.
load of bollocks but hey not really much i can do about it
i now have to go around and peel off every single sticker on every single plate (there were more but he didnt see them) also have to send a letter out to all my customers that i have stuck the stickers on to aswell.
b@stards
Everything is for sale, you just have to offer the right money
2002 Maserati 4200 Spyder
2006 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA - For Sale
2001 Fiat Coupe 20Vt Le - gone
1998 Fiat Bravo HGT - gone
1996 Fiat Coupe 16vt - gone
1990 Fiat Uno Turbo - gone (to heaven)
1986 Fiat Uno Turbo - gone

old4130

Hologram prob for the laser guns  ::)
2005 Audi A4 1.8tq S line
1997 VW Golf GTI 16v
2011 Keeway Matrix
1987 Honda Beat FC 50 ~ 50cc of Fury

2000 SEAT Cordoba SXE ~ Her Car - Sold
2004 Subaru Forester XT 2.5 Limited ~ Her Car

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

RobClubley

This is an enquiry/complaint about car number plates.

Myself and quite a few people I know have European cars, and standard NZ plates do not fit properly in the space on the car.
If you want to buy a Euro-sized version of your own plate from plates.co.nz it costs $399. Other manufacturers such as www.germanplates.com produce NZ replica plates to the correct spec for around $100 delivered.
Plates.co.nz are charged around $40 by their suppliers for these plates.
Several of my friends have been stopped by the police and warned or fined for having a replica plate (of their correct number, to NZ spec) which was not bought from plates.co.nz
Surely this is a monopoly if police are preventing you from using a correct spec plate from a different source?
The regulations state that the plate must be embossed metal with good contrast e.g. black or red on a white background, and reflective. The replica plates conform to this spec.

I look forward to hearing from you on this matter.
1985 ur quattro

veedubman

FYI when you buy Europlates its no longer Personalised Plates Property you OWN THEM! hence why you have to hand back Govt issue ones when disposing of and not the Euro Plates

they are damnstains looking for something else that they have us by the proverbial testicles by!

its only the Standard issue plates that are Govt Property

so i dont know who the damn they are kidding!

UGH my mother was just quoted 500 bucks to put Mercedes Black Europlates on Grandmas Suprise New Car!

WHAT THE damn! i mean HONESTLY!

RobClubley

1985 ur quattro

HandsomeDan

1998 Mk III Golf,
1992 B4 Audi 80
2007 Toyota RAV4
2000 Mazda SP20 AWD (JDM Mazdaspeed Edition)
1996 Toyota Starlet - daily hack
2003 Opel Zafira GSi 2.2
2007 Volvo XC70

veedubman

yep

brick that im gonna get granny come Germanplates.com plates..

Y0RKI

yeah cant say my boss is to happy having to replace all the ones that i have put the stickers on  :-\
and they now want to charge me $35 per pair to reproduce them  >:(
Everything is for sale, you just have to offer the right money
2002 Maserati 4200 Spyder
2006 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA - For Sale
2001 Fiat Coupe 20Vt Le - gone
1998 Fiat Bravo HGT - gone
1996 Fiat Coupe 16vt - gone
1990 Fiat Uno Turbo - gone (to heaven)
1986 Fiat Uno Turbo - gone