German Plates

Started by Poonmobile, September 15, 2008, 09:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

phil

I would like to know if the Ferrari drivers who tend to like the little sticker style ' plate' on the front of their cars get on......do they get pulled over as well as surely they are also illegal.

bsting

Purchasing offshore plates with a 'D' or another nations flag, instead of getting plain white or black style, hasnt helped the cause much.

VeeDub

Quote from: coons on May 31, 2011, 11:19:42 AM
Didn't catch his last name, but first name Keiren. Like late 30's, kinda lanky. Based at Harbour Bridge station

Definitely sounds like c*ntstable McCallister! I had his card somewhere for that photo I was supposed to send him..

fast4motion

Quote from: phil on May 31, 2011, 11:58:16 AM
I would like to know if the Ferrari drivers who tend to like the little sticker style ' plate' on the front of their cars get on......do they get pulled over as well as surely they are also illegal.

I think there was a guy on here with a Lotus who was pulled over a few times for having a sticker.

But that should change soon, because according to a NZ Vintage Car Club newsletter:
"A number plate to be fixed to the front of a motor vehicle may be in the form of an adhesive label. The adhesive label must be an official item supplied only by an appointed manufacturer. These adhesive labels may not be available to purchase until later this year when manufacturing processes are finalised and equipment become available."
There's also new rules regarding keeping your old black plates.

Skilfil

Interesting, are the stick on plates only applicable to vintage cars or can they be on everyday normal cars?
1997 Mazda MX5 (B2 Limited Edition)
1990 Volkswagen Jetta Mk2 ABF
2006 Lexus GS430

brian

Quote from: fast4motion on May 31, 2011, 01:41:37 PM
I think there was a guy on here with a Lotus who was pulled over a few times for having a sticker.

I did have a Lotus and was warned to remove the stick-on
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

NZDoug

My wife got a phone call at 10 pm last nite, and this email

Good evening Glenda,

Further to our telephone conversation I require a photograph to be emailed once the number plates are removed.

At this stage no enforcement action will be taken but I do require the plates to be replaced in the short term ?

Any questions please don't hesitate.

Kind regards,

Andrew McAllister           
Sergeant
Section 1
  Auckland Motorway Unit
HEY! HO! LETS GO!

Y0RKI

He's a bloody menace!
One man tyraid against the good old German Plate
Everything is for sale, you just have to offer the right money
2002 Maserati 4200 Spyder
2006 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA - For Sale
2001 Fiat Coupe 20Vt Le - gone
1998 Fiat Bravo HGT - gone
1996 Fiat Coupe 16vt - gone
1990 Fiat Uno Turbo - gone (to heaven)
1986 Fiat Uno Turbo - gone

gti vr6

1986 Mk2 Scirocco
2021 T6.1 4M LWB Transporter Trendline

coons

Andrew McAlister, he's the (insert word of choice here) driving it...

ranton-inc

Probably a VASK member too lol

I dont see how the German plates are harming anyone

I would tell Young Officer McAllister to go Save lives and stop people from bashing their Wives and Children

Better Work stories everyone....

Albacol

I was stopped in Wgtn by a chap one morning in my 993. It actually had a proper plate but also had a sticker one under it. I took the normal plate off for some reason and assumed the sticker would be sufficient. Now, I am a reasonable person but the beautiful officer that stopped me got himself worked up a wee bit about it - it was like a major crime to him. My dispassionate, non emotional, factual questioning which was well intentioned almost blew him to pieces. I had to complain about him officially. I wonder what the police selection process is sometimes. As it was I had the plate with me so i simply put it back on while he was there while he desparately went over the car trying to find something wrong, then suggested that possibly it was stolen (!) then gave up and told me that maybe it wasn't insured. By that point I had missed my meeting and was enjoying the spectacle. I mean, really. I asked him if he was jealous that I was driving a nice car because his attitude was like a small boy who had dropped his ice cream. I thought he was going to lamp me. Only negative experience I have had. Bizarre.

le mans

^^That got a good chuckle  ;D

B5Passat

I got caught doing 10km/h over the speed limit and I thought, "oh no I'm going to get a ticket for my plates as well", but nothing not even a word. Phew.

schattenblau

For that rozzer the thrill of nabbing a dangerous speedster probably caused him to overlook any licence plate irregularities.

;D

NZDoug

Broke down and ordered " genuine" NZPolice approved EURO plate , blue with white sliver  :police:
How can one respect authority that enforces unfairness and over pricing for monopolies?

HEY! HO! LETS GO!

Albacol

Holy macaroni - i thought i might replace my plates with some nice euro plates but $499 for two new plates. WTF, seriously. I mean, i already own the firkin plate all i want is new bits of metal.  >:(

Poonmobile

I have 2 sets of europlates now, cant be f&%ked with the  :police:. Just one less thing they can ping me for...
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

gti vr6

Still rocking the German plates but have correct plates in the boot.
Car driven only occasionally.
1986 Mk2 Scirocco
2021 T6.1 4M LWB Transporter Trendline

JPK

Would probably not look the best, but is it legal/possible to have a Euro plate on the front and a standard plate on the back? Have Jap/US spec boot.
A3 8P Sportback 2.0T DSG
- Progress Diary -