German Plates

Started by Poonmobile, September 15, 2008, 09:17:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bigbumper

How is the last sentence in that article even relevant?

RobClubley

Have you read the comments? Why is it that only morons that think others will care what they have to say.
1985 ur quattro
1992 Ford Courier - the sensible daily

00quattro00

QuoteI think we need to ban all personalized plates. Far too distracting on the road!

Some people ::)
Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t

brian

Quote from: RobClubley on October 02, 2012, 02:23:42 PM
Have you read the comments? Why is it that only morons that think others will care what they have to say.

Those are the same people who phone talk back radio and there appears to be a lot of them, nutters that is
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

Long Black

F-ing typical of the nanny, revenue collecting, PC gone mad, hitler-youth police state this beautiful country is becoming. It's like the bike rack issue, now we have to display the rego and have tail/indicators etc in the same position as the car so that the police can identify us after robbing a bank on the way home from a bike ride...same rules as the IRD guilty until expensively proven innocent....the whole system sucks!!! Think I'll go for a drive and clear my head....slowly...
1999 B5 VW Passat V6 Syncro Wagon - Black...gone
2007 B7 Audi A4 S-line Avant Quattro 2.0T - Black...gone
2011 B8 Audi A4 S-line Avant Quattro 2.0T - White..Gone
2008 Mk5 VW Golf GTI - Black
2012 B8 Audi S4 Avant - Brilliant Red

JPK

Quote from: JPK on August 18, 2012, 04:30:58 PM
Would probably not look the best, but is it legal/possible to have a Euro plate on the front and a standard plate on the back? Have Jap/US spec boot.

Anyone have any idea on this? Mulling over some options... Plates.co.nz only supply the euro plates in pairs and won't do 1x black euro plate and 1x slimline black.

Other option is to shorten the nz euro plate for the rear somehow by removing the end with the fern on it.

Euro/NZ spec boot will be too expensive after painting and fitting etc. that's if I can find one.

Very tempted to just try my luck with germanplates as they do a short euro plate as well.
A3 8P Sportback 2.0T DSG
- Progress Diary -

ranton-inc

Quote from: JPK on March 13, 2013, 12:27:22 AM
Anyone have any idea on this? Mulling over some options... Plates.co.nz only supply the euro plates in pairs and won't do 1x black euro plate and 1x slimline black.

Other option is to shorten the nz euro plate for the rear somehow by removing the end with the fern on it.

Euro/NZ spec boot will be too expensive after painting and fitting etc. that's if I can find one.

Very tempted to just try my luck with germanplates as they do a short euro plate as well.

Just buy a some europlates and dont return the Govt Issue plates back to them.?

or just buy the cheap euro surrounds off trademe

Fizz

I dont see an issue with mixing and matching plates especially if they were purchase from plates (legal supplier) i myself wouldnt mind running mini plate in the front and europlate in the rear.
As anton said u can get the number plate surround for the standard plate to make it europlate size. Havent had any issues come WOF or with the cops regarding it.

RS ZWEI

And the topic is back in the media again:

http://nzh.tw/11545075
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

80 Vert

"This is to stop criminals from masking stolen cars or cars that have been used to commit crimes with a fake plate"

Bullsh*t, its about PP not selling their rip off over priced pieces of stamped aluminium.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

ranton-inc

look at the fat bitch reporting that rubbish there is part of the problem

oem.minus

Some of you guys will already know they are illegal, but cops seem to be enforcing on non NZTA issued plates now when they previously seemed to let them go by the sounds of it. I got pulled over today on Great North Rd and let off with a warning if I pulled the plate off then and there, he said that their new cameras they are rolling out read number plates and warn them of ones that don?t comply as they are driving so a lot more of it will be happening. Maybe this isn?t new but I hadn?t seen anything about it...
06 NZ MK5 GTI - Sold
07 NZ A6 3.2 Avant - Sold
07 NZ RS4 Avant - Sold

Fizz

Quote from: oem.minus on August 06, 2019, 02:59:41 PM
Some of you guys will already know they are illegal, but cops seem to be enforcing on non NZTA issued plates now when they previously seemed to let them go by the sounds of it. I got pulled over today on Great North Rd and let off with a warning if I pulled the plate off then and there, he said that their new cameras they are rolling out read number plates and warn them of ones that don?t comply as they are driving so a lot more of it will be happening. Maybe this isn?t new but I hadn?t seen anything about it...

I'd say it largely depends on the cop but this is something that's been going on for years.

McDoof

If they have new cameras that pick up on fake plates, then they will have to replace all the old plates people are using as they only really introduced the watermarks (which I assume is what the camera is looking for) a few years ago.
NZ New MK5 GTI - Tuned by HSP Tuning
NZ New B6 Passat Variant 125kw TDI 4motion
MK7 GTI - Tornado Red

Poonmobile

I reckon that's BS, the older plates won't have watermarks on them so how does that work??
Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

wolfgang

The current traffic cameras take an image of the vehicle including its number plate and the subsequent zooming in of the image will indentify the letters and numbers. The style of plate or reflective surface got nothing to do with it.
Theses camera systems are used all over the world, so work on any style plate.
The number plate recognition system ANPR that is fitted to a few police cars looks for wanted plate combination and also got nothing to do with the style of plate used.

1985 Audi urquattro
1980 VW Scirocco S
1987 VW Scirocco Scala
1967 Dodge Coronet
1984 Chevy Corvette