200qt prices

Started by vag_nutter, September 16, 2008, 06:40:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pushbutton_auto

been trying t sell for a LONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNg time,  :)

If its a really good one, then its worth about 2,500 -3,500.

For a car that cost 125,000 new and still sold for 12-16,000 five or 6 odd years ago.

but thats the market.  :-*

My Exclusive is probably one of the best (10v) type 44 models in country but even in tip top, I couldn't get more than 4,000.
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

BB

Its quite a good one by the look, i would like to think i could get $2500 for mine when its wofed and reged and can be used without crapting itself, but everytime i drive it something craps out. they are a nice car and have many desirable attributes but they are also just an old orphan now.
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

vag_nutter

Do you want to sell yours? Is yours an avant?

portmanteau

Quote from: vag_nutter on September 16, 2008, 06:40:28 PM
Do you guys think its worth 2.5? it looks quite tidy

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Cars/Audi/Quattro/auction-176695553.htm

It really comes down to this:  Do you want one?  If so, it is very tidy, and if you want it then the difference between $2500 and $300 for a crapter would soon be negated several times over by the cost of getting the crapter roadworthy

'94 S2 Avant N300 Nothelle, '94 S2 Sedan '84 urq,'80 Golf GTI replica, '83 Rocco GTI, '99 TT, '07 Q7, '99 S4 Avant, '86 90Q, '63 DKW Junior, other non-VAG collectibles, & 2 lonely 200Q

portmanteau

Quote from: vag_nutter on September 16, 2008, 07:26:07 PM
Do you want to sell yours? Is yours an avant?

My splendid example is an avant :D   How deep is your love?

'94 S2 Avant N300 Nothelle, '94 S2 Sedan '84 urq,'80 Golf GTI replica, '83 Rocco GTI, '99 TT, '07 Q7, '99 S4 Avant, '86 90Q, '63 DKW Junior, other non-VAG collectibles, & 2 lonely 200Q

vag_nutter

Not quite that deep :P I dont want a complete dog but dont mind doing work

portmanteau

Quote from: vag_nutter on September 16, 2008, 07:30:15 PM
Not quite that deep :P I dont want a complete dog but dont mind doing work

lol, well, it's licensed, complete, and has had only one nz owner since 1989 - but it did build about 6 nightclubs and spend most of its life parked outside such places, so, go figure ;)

(maybe I should show you a pic from 1989)

vag_nutter

How much for it? Is it all there?

BB

Mine is in Auckland and its a gold sedan. i would sell it for $2500 has had almost everything you can think of rebuilt but it still manages to keep me working on it and driving it infrequently :P It is a good one tho.

portmanteau

Quote from: vag_nutter on September 16, 2008, 07:35:03 PM
How much for it? Is it all there?

It's all there, but time has taken its toll.... there is scarcely a panel that has not been kicked or hit by some sort of flying object.

In all honesty, I don't think anybody but a panel-beater could make an argument for loving this car again. (I do have spare panels for the doors that are dented)

Oh, and brand new tyres, too LOL

before and after pics:

vag_nutter

She doesnt look pretty, does it run sweet?

portmanteau

Quote from: vag_nutter on September 16, 2008, 08:22:08 PM
She doesnt look pretty, does it run sweet?

Actually (and amazingly), yes.  Was sitting the last 12 months out in the rain and started first turn of the key on a cold day and settled straight to a perfect idle.  Km's are huge - probably well over 400,000, and oil use was still only slight when I parked her up about 7 years ago.  Had one clutch in that entire time.

It is the most bulletproof and forgiving car I have ever owned

vag_nutter

How much do you want for it?

portmanteau

Quote from: vag_nutter on September 16, 2008, 08:52:16 PM
How much do you want for it?

damn - there I was trying to scare you off, because I promised BB the speedo drive gear ;)

OK, I will try harder - it was a write-off (at 1 year old) when I bought it in the UK - cost me around $30,000 to rebuild "back in the day" (when they were worth around $160K NZD new)

scared, yet?

Isn't it amazing what you could get away with back then!  No border checks for damage, no certifications, no compliancing! 

However, it does tend to explain why lumps of filler eventually fell out when it got kicked one too many times :(

vag_nutter

Doesnt worry me, looks like it was done right, Just dont like seeing them wrecked, I will try and save anything :angel:

portmanteau

Quote from: vag_nutter on September 16, 2008, 09:24:19 PM
Doesnt worry me, looks like it was done right, Just dont like seeing them wrecked, I will try and save anything :angel:

LOL.... you are hard to shake!

PM me if you like - I don't want a lot for it, but just want it to go either to somebody who will give it some TLC, or if it is to be wrecked then I would rather do so myself and make sure that the right people get the parts at the right price - not be held to ransom by some greedy wrecker.

BB would be most unhappy about the speedo drive, though!   :-[

One other confession - I just nicked the G60 front calipers off her and swapped them onto my ur-quattro, and fitted in their place the very rusty (ex-uk) set of calipers that had been on my S2.

Remember too, I am in the South Island :)

BB

You don't want that old heap believe me. If you want one buy that green one with 160kms on it the guy will go down in price as its been on TM for ages. It will break your bank to try and resurect that one.
That car may well have been the most forgiving car hes ownened but hes owned mostly audis and in all honesty an old 200 is about the least forgiving car you could own these days.
Plus you will run into exactly what I have, got a current running one with wof and reg but wont get next wof unless I can get a speedo drive. If you dont like seeing them wreaked then you will move on from this one and let it save others. I'm not being greedy for the part but Im telling you, you wont get any joy out of it. Buy one that goes and looks good.
Is that one dereged or on hold Portmanteau?
And where are you vag nutter? south or north?

portmanteau

Quote from: BB on September 17, 2008, 09:44:32 AM
You don't want that old heap believe me. If you want one buy that green one with 160kms on it the guy will go down in price as its been on TM for ages. It will break your bank to try and resurect that one.
That car may well have been the most forgiving car hes ownened but hes owned mostly audis and in all honesty an old 200 is about the least forgiving car you could own these days.
Plus you will run into exactly what I have, got a current running one with wof and reg but wont get next wof unless I can get a speedo drive. If you dont like seeing them wreaked then you will move on from this one and let it save others. I'm not being greedy for the part but Im telling you, you wont get any joy out of it. Buy one that goes and looks good.
Is that one dereged or on hold Portmanteau?
And where are you vag nutter? south or north?

reowwwwwwww

reg is on hold - do I look silly? ;)

actually, BB, she's really not as bad as she looks, because mechanically, suspension, and electrically, everything is there, and WORKS (except for the standard-equipment leaky power steer pump)

I would rather take on some panel-work, anyday, than try to locate countless small electrical and suspension parts.  We know which will cost most!  Add in a brand new set of tyres, and the fact it was still sailing through warrants when I took her off the road ....... she just got too damn fugly with all those dents!

..... and what about that funky and exceptionally phallic genuine UK towbar?  :D :D :D

(I have to agree though - buying it from a different part of the country does make quite a difference to the equation)

wilco

Hah I have a towbar like that (a Westfalia one I recall) on my T4. Its fine apart from being 50mm so must trailers don't fit.  Heavy duty, the tongue weight is huge, 150kg or something.