Replacing Bulb

Started by WRURQ, September 22, 2008, 07:54:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WRURQ

How easy is it to replace the Oil Pressure bulb in the dial above the ashtray? Have a new Bulb but just need to fit.

portmanteau

Quote from: RS2 on September 22, 2008, 07:54:45 PM
How easy is it to replace the Oil Pressure bulb in the dial above the ashtray? Have a new Bulb but just need to fit.

unscrew centre console from under the rear ashtray, slide back and carefully manipulate it over the handbrake lever.  I think that gives you enough room to reach behind the auxiliary gauges?  My entire dash is still in 100 pieces and in boxes, so can't really remember 100% how it all fits together.

while you are in the mood, it's a pretty safe bet that some or all of the 3 bulbs that illuminate the heater control panel will be blown by now?  To get at them pull the 3 heater rotary knobs off (very tight - I use vice-grips and a rag to protect the plastic) and then undo 2 screws behind the knobs that hold the heater control panel on.  3 of the same 1.2 watt bulbs in there.  You might be surprised to find that heater controls in the B4 do actually light up adequately!

'94 S2 Avant N300 Nothelle, '94 S2 Sedan '84 urq,'80 Golf GTI replica, '83 Rocco GTI, '99 TT, '07 Q7, '99 S4 Avant, '86 90Q, '63 DKW Junior, other non-VAG collectibles, & 2 lonely 200Q