Fiat thread

Started by ritmo, September 27, 2008, 07:40:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

db_222

yeah, once mines mint might do..don't know if i'll participate, but might come along and have a look, will see. Do you know if any stradas are going?
1984 Fiat Abarth 130tc

GTI's

Looks really nice! Especially at such a mint spot.

124dude

uhm no not off the top of my head. i'm contemplating entering, not 100% yet since last time was so unorganized but atleast i got a few runs in which was still fun.
1971 Fiat 124 BC
Life's Short..... VASK IT

bigbumper

Quote from: 124dude on December 16, 2008, 09:32:10 PM
uhm no not off the top of my head. i'm contemplating entering, not 100% yet since last time was so unorganized but atleast i got a few runs in which was still fun.

Hey they gave us a $25 refund on the Sept dual sprints, and an assurance that they'd be better organised next time.  I'd go if I was able.

Quote from: db_222 on December 16, 2008, 07:59:15 PM
yeah, once mines mint might do..don't know if i'll participate, but might come along and have a look, will see. Do you know if any stradas are going?

No BRETTS or XS RPM for obvious reasons!  Realistically Derek Batchelor is the only other possible Strada entrant, and he's 50/50 at best

124dude

Quote from: bigbumper on December 16, 2008, 10:13:26 PM
Hey they gave us a $25 refund on the Sept dual sprints, and an assurance that they'd be better organised next time.  I'd go if I was able.

yeah received that cheque, was quite nice of campbell to do that, but that money went straight to bryce road. how's your guys progress going brett?
1971 Fiat 124 BC

bigbumper

Yeah good thanks Scott.  I've got hospital on Friday morning, probably another 6 weeks on crutches to go - getting pretty good on them now!  - then maybe a moon boot.  Stacey should be back at work after new years, movement is still a bit awkward for him and he can't lift anything, bend over or sit on low seats but all things considered he seems to be doing pretty well. 

We're both aiming to be at the VASK day in June - me with the TypeR and Stacey in a mates Coupe 16vT

124dude

would that be the silver coupe 16vt?? thats good to hear that you guys are making good progress, slowly but surely.
1971 Fiat 124 BC

bigbumper

Nah red Coupe, SKIAT.  I think the silver one you're thinking of is Andy Lines' 20vT

124dude

ah yeah thats the one, was at last fiat track day, stripped out with a cage etc. 
1971 Fiat 124 BC

RS ZWEI

Last night I went out to the GF's Fathers Orchard to drop off her old car and spotted this:

Only real rust in the front boot lid. This shape isnt how I remember Fiat 850's looking. Is it a rare car?

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Salty

Not super rare - definitely an 850.. you may be thinking of the fastback sport model.
Now in air cooled. '70 fastback 1835 turbo
2012 VW Golf Gti MKVI
2013 Triumph Street triple R

124dude

its a fiat, there will be more rust for sure!

as for what car it is, i believe its an Abarth 2000 replica with a twin cam rear mounted. Golfboy666gti, where is your GF's fathers orchard located? Could you possibly do a bit of detective work and find out some more history on the car by talking to your GF's father? Anything more would be much appreciated, pm me with what ya come up with. Cheers dude
1971 Fiat 124 BC

RS ZWEI

Quote from: 124dude on December 18, 2008, 04:40:55 PM
its a fiat, there will be more rust for sure!

as for what car it is, i believe its an Abarth 2000 replica with a twin cam rear mounted. Golfboy666gti, where is your GF's fathers orchard located? Could you possibly do a bit of detective work and find out some more history on the car by talking to your GF's father? Anything more would be much appreciated, pm me with what ya come up with. Cheers dude

Ive been with my GF for a year and it was the first time Ive even been to her fathers orchard (he doesnt live on site). I spoken to him about last night, he said its being stored for someone who hasnt paid storage fees for over a year so who know what will happen with it, Ill make sure it doesnt get into the wrong hands though.
As for rust, there doesnt seem to be any around the windows or wheel arches etc, it was very dusty and dirty though.
Oh, the orchard is between Napier and Hastings :)
Also, I looked the plate up on carjam, it doesnt seem to come up, but then neither does Dads old TR4A.
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

Y0RKI

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on December 18, 2008, 04:51:45 PM
Also, I looked the plate up on carjam, it doesnt seem to come up, but then neither does Dads old TR4A.

I just did a motochek on it and the plate hasnt been used for a number of years!
Looking at the car i would say that the car hasnt been used for ages either so that would be about right
Everything is for sale, you just have to offer the right money
2002 Maserati 4200 Spyder
2006 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA - For Sale
2001 Fiat Coupe 20Vt Le - gone
1998 Fiat Bravo HGT - gone
1996 Fiat Coupe 16vt - gone
1990 Fiat Uno Turbo - gone (to heaven)
1986 Fiat Uno Turbo - gone

124dude

cheers for that info dude, was very interesting. keen Fiat 850 guys will want to restore it....

My old man says - "how much for it? and when can we get it?" so pass that on to your gf's dad and who knows what will happen.
1971 Fiat 124 BC

RS ZWEI

Quote from: 124dude on December 18, 2008, 05:11:46 PM
cheers for that info dude, was very interesting. keen Fiat 850 guys will want to restore it....

My old man says - "how much for it? and when can we get it?" so pass that on to your gf's dad and who knows what will happen.

Haha, will do.

1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

spooln

Looks like an 850 Special. See the blue car on the wiki http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fiat_850.  Cool old car.
77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

124dude

i got it wrong, it is an 850 sedan that some keen fiat guys may wish to turn into a "Ug" replica. 146mph in the 60's  :o
1971 Fiat 124 BC

bigbumper

Ha Scott... I was wondering what you were playing at there, calling it an Abarth!  Just an 850 sedan, relatively rare these days but still one of hundreds of thousands made... and relatively invaluable as a result

UG has an 1800TC, there's another 850 sedan that has a Porsche flat 6 in it... think its called the Wasp?  And hasn't been seen for even longer than UG (13 years now)

146mph sounds extreme but seems to be backed up by period info... light weight & high bhp (for the time) = sensational speed!  :o

124dude

lol yeah as i soon as i saw the photo i emailed dad and he was like abarth 2000, but knowing him and his busy schedule he would have made his emails as short as possible. He had a better look at it last night and whipped out a book and showed me a photo of the ug and some specs then he buggered off again. He seems to think phil sutton will want it, but somehow i don't think his wife would let him.
1971 Fiat 124 BC