New RS6

Started by b0000st, October 01, 2008, 08:03:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

qta4

Seriously i could buy either,but no thanks, the image is not that important to me
Skill is, sucessfully tightrope walking across the Niagra Falls.
Intelligence is, having the sense not to do it.

robh

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on October 28, 2008, 03:58:25 PM
But it doesnt take 17 hours to change the spark plugs in either the above cars, nor does the a water pump cost 4K.

Either way my point is still valid, all of these cars that were "top of the range" or were technologically advanced when they were released depreciate terribly and the cost/availability of spare parts make them very hard to justify running once they are "older".

If you blow up a V8 in an old A8 you surely wouldn't rebuild it would you?

Sure your right the cost of spares has increased, but I bet an owner of an A8 never thought "wow those new rear shock absorbers I need are really good value for money" :)
Daily Driver - VW Touareg V8 TDI 2012 "towing beast"
Too Many Cars - Lotus Elise S 2013 "tangerine dream"
Project Car - Golf VR6 Turbo "built not bought"
Wifes - Audi S4 Avant 2012 "I want a white car that sounds nice"

b0000st

Just heard yesterday that this very car is now dead :(

It got stolen from the owners house and crashed into some armco end on.

Rough parts pricing so far for all the obvious is up to $180k. Motors poked and thats $75k but may be cheaper for an exchange unit. I dont think they will bother tbh the car is valued at $200k so not worth it.

I am trying to source some pics.

Matt

RS ZWEI

Quote from: b0000st on October 09, 2009, 06:47:12 PM

Rough parts pricing so far for all the obvious is up to $180k. Motors poked and thats $75k but may be cheaper for an exchange unit. I dont think they will bother tbh the car is valued at $200k so not worth it.

Matt

Was it a local car Matt?

Im guessing it would be very hard to steal unless someone had the keys?

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

weta.worker

Matt

wow, that's harsh.  so they would have had to break into the house and steal the keys then.

that would have been a fun ride though...
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

b0000st

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on October 12, 2009, 10:40:23 AM
Was it a local car Matt?

Im guessing it would be very hard to steal unless someone had the keys?

Yes it was local, the guys that took it were friends of the owners son by all accounts. Think they got into the house for the keys.

Matt

omad

shouldn't have turned the esp off i guess...  >:D

Hope the whuckers go to jail!!
1999 Golf GTI ABT
2009 Suzuki Jimny, 19.9% VAG and 1300cc's of off-road goodness...

slowmo

they will have to carry the burden of paying off a $200k car.
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

GlenT

Quote from: slowmo on October 14, 2009, 08:36:43 AM
they will have to carry the burden of paying off a $200k car.
Doubt it.
They'll get all the hugs and kisses from youth aid.
The little phuck that set fire to the church and Kindy where my wife works got treated as though he was a little angel.
My wife had to go to these meetings where it was all about what HE wanted.
No one else in the room apart from my wife wanted this little crim to be punished for causing $350,000 worth of damage plus all the disruption to families.
It was only because my wife pushed so hard for him to be punished that he is now in custody. She didn't fall for his crocodile tears, he knew what he was doing when he broke into the church and knew full well what setting fire to the place would do.
Everyone else involved was of the opinion that he isn't a bad apple and he wont do it again.
What a load of crap! Commit a crime like that and get cuddles.
Well, he sent my wife a letter from his cell the other week. What a pathetic attempt to get out early. He's up for parole so that's why he sent the letter. TWO YEARS after the crime!
So, in this case it's up to the parents who own the car to push for these little scum bags to be hung out to dry.

Hoff

I know the kid who stole it used to go to school with him and apparently he is in jail now. broke into the house stole the keys.
1985 Mk2 Golf GTI
1900 High comp race engine, Advanti magswrapped in F1's,Nardi wheel,Samco Coolant Hoses,KW Varient 2 Coilovers,OMP front strut brace,256mm brake upgrade
Mk1 Golf Project
MK2 Project

Spinner

pity he didn't bleed out in the wreck!!!!

GlenT

Quote from: Turbed_85_gti on October 14, 2009, 08:50:43 PM
I know the kid who stole it used to go to school with him and apparently he is in jail now. broke into the house stole the keys.
Well, thats a start.
When he gets out he should have to work his fingers to the bone to pay back the insurer. And receive a kicking from the owner.
How old is this loser crim?

rambo_005

He's just going to love remand :laugh:

Hoff

Quote from: GlenT on October 14, 2009, 09:05:41 PM

18-19 agreed he was allways a looser
1985 Mk2 Golf GTI
1900 High comp race engine, Advanti magswrapped in F1's,Nardi wheel,Samco Coolant Hoses,KW Varient 2 Coilovers,OMP front strut brace,256mm brake upgrade
Mk1 Golf Project
MK2 Project

omad

Quote from: rambo_005 on October 14, 2009, 09:10:45 PM
He's just going to love remand :laugh:

someone should buy him a cork...
1999 Golf GTI ABT
2009 Suzuki Jimny, 19.9% VAG and 1300cc's of off-road goodness...

goldb51.8T

Quote from: Spinner on October 14, 2009, 09:05:13 PM
pity he didn't bleed out in the wreck!!!!
Thats the down side of modern saftey features i guess   ;)

Ssom

Quote from: GlenT on October 14, 2009, 09:05:41 PM
Well, thats a start.
When he gets out he should have to work his fingers to the bone to pay back the insurer. And receive a kicking from the owner.

Without a doubt he will be paying it back.  I don't think any insurance companies offer insurance against liability for theft. :p 

GlenT

Quote from: Ssom on October 15, 2009, 07:52:59 PM
Without a doubt he will be paying it back.  I don't think any insurance companies offer insurance against liability for theft. :p 
Aye? Don't all insurance co's?
There's every chance the insurer will "attempt" to recover costs. But being so much will be fruitless.
Last time we made a claim due to a loser (with no cover) damaging one of our cars our insurer said they literally had a room full of box's with files from cases where they had legal right to recover costs, but those losers who were liable just didn't pay or claimed they had no means to pay so it just gets buried in the room in the corner.
The kid who torched my wifes work was never even asked to pay back any of the $350,000 worth of damage he caused. He just got a short jail term and a cuddle.

Spinner

Quote from: GlenT on October 16, 2009, 08:30:41 AM
He just got a short jail term and a cuddle.

hopefully from a 300lb mouth breather called sione!!!!

Ssom

Quote from: GlenT on October 16, 2009, 08:30:41 AM
Aye? Don't all insurance co's?
There's every chance the insurer will "attempt" to recover costs. But being so much will be fruitless.
Last time we made a claim due to a loser (with no cover) damaging one of our cars our insurer said they literally had a room full of box's with files from cases where they had legal right to recover costs, but those losers who were liable just didn't pay or claimed they had no means to pay so it just gets buried in the room in the corner.
The kid who torched my wifes work was never even asked to pay back any of the $350,000 worth of damage he caused. He just got a short jail term and a cuddle.

I meant by liability for theft, liability when you're caught stealing something and stack it...

Yeah, as I was saying at least in theory the Insurance Co has the right to get the full $200,000 off him, whether it will happen in practice is anyones guess (Though probably not likely).