"Market Value" for a 200 TQ Avant

Started by stevenc1963, November 01, 2008, 09:45:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

stevenc1963

My 1989 200 TQ Avant looks set to be written off after having been the meat in a rice-bread sandwich this week, with damage to the rear valance, tailgate, rear guards, rear door shut lines closed, tow bar bent, back wheels definitely not where Audi put them, electric seat broken, front a straight line not the point that it was made with, front mount bent, crank pulley rubbing on the intercooler hose, air con bent at a funny angle, valance damaged, and, to add insult to injury, the sunroof fabric jumped off in fright.

AMI show a market value of $2500, but there's a dealer here with $3000 on a diesel turbo non-quattro from the early 80's.

What would be a fair value? I paid $3500 for it unwarranted with $1000 to get it legal. This year I put a new Dialynx manifold on (keep your eye on the insurance auction...).
1985 Type 85 80 quattro
1989 Scirocco GT 2010 VW Nats, Best in Show, Water Cooled.
1990 100 quattro Avant
2000 Vespa PX150E

Spinner

Bugger!!!!...sorry to hear of its demise steve!.....and i hear you had a pile of fun and goodtimes with the cockgobbling crew from stevie wonder!!

a week to remember....NOT!

vag_nutter

Your going to have to fight for this one, dads type 85 coupe was written off and there insurance company got it valued at $1000 when it was a minter befor the crash, they got 3 other valuations at $3000 and after a lot of arguing they decided to pay out $2000.

I would say it would be worth what you paid for it, buy it back and get your manifold of it and the parts bb will want off it and then dump it

Pristle

It sounds as if Stevie Wonder might have been driving one of the other vehicles...... ☺

As for value, I'd fight for the $3k. I saw a minter advertised in the UK earlier this year expecting to get GB?17k.

Spinner

yea dont roll over for the insurance swine!!! fight fight fight!!!....your avant looked pretty tidy last time i saw it out the back of the arena..

stevenc1963

There was one in that tour party... but Young Nick copped his anger. The Americans were pretty good, especially the Stage Manager.

I have a written PAV for $4k. Yes, it was tidy and complete, and because I am self employed, if it needed something, it got it.

I have recovered the 16's off it. but I just don't have the space to wreck it out, or the time. If I took a cheque and wreck deal from the insurance company, then I would want to sell the whole car in one transaction. It's still drivable, but the back wheels are not where they should be and there is a bit of noise in the R/R when weight is transferring. Crank pulley is trying to devour the bottom intercooler pipe. On the plus side there's a 1B turbo in there with 250k, synthetic oil and a 2000k old Dialynx manifold.

Had a funny exchange with the insurance company today - the car behind me says it doesn't believe that it pushed me into the car in front, but I pointed out that as she had not seen 3 stopped cars and her bonnet had folded itself into a small mountain range, she was unlikely to be regarded as a reliable testimony.
1985 Type 85 80 quattro
1990 100 quattro Avant
2000 Vespa PX150E

BB

Spinner you need the speedo drive and the rear suspesion arms of it
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

wilco

Hey I have a pair or rear suspension arms from a type 44 quattro. Is someone offering to clear some floor space for me?

BB

Spinner

sounds like steves rear may be a bit dubious (car that is) after his sandwiching...... but def keen on the speedo drive if it becomes a parter....(keep me posted if poss steve)

wilco what u looking at for your rear arms?

5-pot

hmmmmm 1b turbo...  With dialynx manifold...  is it manual? ;D
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

wilco

Quote from: Spinner on November 04, 2008, 09:27:59 AM

wilco what u looking at for your rear arms?

Oh I dunno, how about $50 the pair plus whatever it takes to post.  Heavy-ish though so could be a good excuse for a drive.

BB

Give him the $50 spinner and well pick them up next time we go to the track or some other nice Vasker can drop them off ;)

stevenc1963

Well, I got the cheque for a mere $3000 today so I guess anyone who wants it should look in the tenders column of the Press on Saturdays until it comes up at AMI. Its a 1B turbo quattro avant manual 7 seater, 250000k, new Dialynx manifold this year 4000k ago. Main reason they wrote it off is because the well in the boot that seats 6 and 7 are in is damaged and the floor around it is distorted. Did not damage the radiator, or headlights or front indicators. Front valance is broken, though. I'd be happy to go and put a bid on for anyone who wants if it is difficult from outside Christchurch, but if you win it, you relocate it. Its still drivable. Contact me directly rather than on here.

Steve
1985 Type 85 80 quattro
1990 100 quattro Avant
2000 Vespa PX150E

Pushbutton_auto

Indicators, fog lights, after run pump
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

slowburn

what ever happened to this manifold?
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

stevenc1963

The whole car was bought by a guy locally who wants to use most of it as a repower of something else. I bought some wheels off him a few months after the payout and we got talking, did not realise he had my car at that point.
1985 Type 85 80 quattro
1990 100 quattro Avant
2000 Vespa PX150E

slowburn

99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

00quattro00

Quote from: stevenc1963 on April 18, 2012, 10:39:32 PM
The whole car was bought by a guy locally who wants to use most of it as a repower of something else. I bought some wheels off him a few months after the payout and we got talking, did not realise he had my car at that point.

Would be interested to know whats happened to it
Land Rover Discovery 300tdi
Land Rover 110 4bd1t