Porsche Cayenne Diesel Revealed

Started by rambo_005, November 21, 2008, 08:56:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Filx

Diesel or petrol doesn't really matter - still one of, if not the ugliest car on the planet.  :laugh: >:D

Such an "Emperors Clothes" car - every time I see one I always get the impression someone is driving around in it thinking they're the shiz, but totally oblivious to the fact that everyone else is laughing at them.
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Filx on November 21, 2008, 10:18:46 AM
Diesel or petrol doesn't really matter - still one of, if not the ugliest car on the planet.  :laugh: >:D

Such an "Emperors Clothes" car - every time I see one I always get the impression someone is driving around in it thinking they're the shiz, but totally oblivious to the fact that everyone else is laughing at them.

Totally agree with you Phil :)

I hate those tasteless things. Worst car Porsche has ever made.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Pristle

I can't agree, if I wanted a SUV, one of these, a Touareg or Q7 would do me quite happily. All 3 meet the Sport part of the SUV acronym more than adequately.

qta4

I can't agree either.

If you are in the market for an SUV, which one would you pick.
I would pick a Porsche or an  Audi
Skill is, sucessfully tightrope walking across the Niagra Falls.
Intelligence is, having the sense not to do it.

Filx

So which is your favourite then - the Cayenne, Q7 or Toureg?

If it were my money and someone was forcing me to buy an SUV (i.e. gun to my head  :D) I'd take a Toureg, Q7, LandCruiser, Range Rover Sport, Land Rover Defender, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Kia Rio Sportage and then a Cayenne. In that order  :laugh:
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

GlenT

They made Porsche squillions of dollars, so thats the main thing really.
You have to give the punters what they want. You and I may dislike them, but plenty of well to do Joe Shmo's love 'em.
For me though, if I had to have an SUV it would be the Touareg V10 or the wicked cool R50.
Having said that, I went for a ride in a new M Spec X5 diesel on the weekend and was rather pleased with it.
I would not have the Cayenne unless someone gave it to me.
I know it and the VW are from the same floor pan etc, but the body doesn't do anything for me, plus you've got the ostentatious look about you when driving a Cayenne, where as I don't think that's the case in the VW.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Filx on November 21, 2008, 01:21:08 PM
So which is your favourite then - the Cayenne, Q7 or Toureg?

If it were my money and someone was forcing me to buy an SUV (i.e. gun to my head  :D) I'd take a Toureg, Q7, LandCruiser, Range Rover Sport, Land Rover Defender, Jeep Grand Cherokee, Kia Rio Sportage and then a Cayenne. In that order  :laugh:

If it was on looks along it would be a Q7. One of the Directors of the company has a sliver one. Looks so much better that the Touregs in the car park. As for the Cayenne, it just looks like a Toureg with a different front.

1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

Bullseye

BMW X5 3.0sd twin turbo (565 Nm of torque  >:D)

That or a Territory Turbo and a decent toy in the garage
B8 A4 Avant - soon to be eating Chips

beeker

Quote from: Bullseye on November 21, 2008, 03:36:23 PM

Have driven a x5 3.0sd to taupo and back, they are VERY good.
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

vag_nutter

Quote from: Bullseye on November 21, 2008, 03:36:23 PM

Id take the v12 tdi q7 with 1000nm of torque

M

Having driven all variations of all the Touareg/Q7/Cayenne combos here are my honest opinions:

Touareg - cheapest and shows, even the V10 Diesel which is the best feels agricultural.
Q7 - Love the looks apart from the side on view, just too long. Best engine by far is the 4.2 V8 TDi and it would almost sway me(I swear it's faster than the Cayenne Turbo until it runs out of puff early but revs MUCH nicer than the V10), but interior is just not special enough for the money.
Cayenne - The Turbo is a MONSTER but even a normal V8 is more than enough. Handling is nicer than others too. Turbo's look better too but since the facelift versions I love the new look. Base models are horrible inside, but the higher spec ones are much nicer places to sit in than any of the other 2 and to me that's a big draw of the Porsche, it's just a nicer place to sit and drive.

If I could afford it I would have a Cayenne Turbo or a Cayenne S on my drive to replace the Range Rover.
Too much power is almost enough.

db_222

nexdoor nahbour has got the 's' or something. looks so cool, the only one in the country aparantly  :o

hopefuly he lets me drive it  ;D
1984 Fiat Abarth 130tc

M

Think he is blowing his own trumpet there, if it's a Turbo S there are a few in the country. If it's a Cayenne S there are LOTS in the country hahaha.
Too much power is almost enough.

wilco

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on November 21, 2008, 11:32:48 AM

... Worst car Porsche has ever made.

Wuhey, that's pushed the 914 off the bottom of the list then!

RS ZWEI

Quote from: wilco on November 28, 2008, 08:33:09 AM
Wuhey, that's pushed the 914 off the bottom of the list then!

I like the 914, I would have thought that the 924 was on the bottom of the list?
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

bigbumper

Quote from: Filx on November 21, 2008, 10:18:46 AM

+1.  Always reminds me "you can't buy good taste".

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on November 29, 2008, 08:00:19 AM
I like the 914, I would have thought that the 924 was on the bottom of the list?

I agree, you can get the 914 looking pretty cool.  The 924 is pretty rude (except Carrera GT & GTS) but the 912 has to be worse?  'cos it looks like a 911 but goes like a Beetle

5-pot

I always laugh when I see this thread name on the main page under the Porsche "most recently updated thread" area.  The title gets cut short and all I see is "Porsche Cayenne Dies..."
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

xring

Over the years I have had 13 'proper' 4WD's. Used to be heavily involved with 4WD clubs both here and in Aussie.

If I was going for looks ..... Range Rover. If I was looking for off road ability, Land Rover Defender 90. Combination of looks and off road, latest Disco.

Having said all that, the Toureg V10 would have a lot of appeal, just find the looks of the Toureg to bland. The Cayanne Turbo S would only win (in my opinion) in the performance stakes.

I just can not see the use of one of these vehicles unless it is to be used for serious off road work, in which case the Land Rover products are still pretty much at the top of the tree.

As far as I am concerned, the only reason for Q7 etc, is as a tow vehicle.
Polo GTI 2013
Bora MkIV V6 4motion - gone
Golf MkIV R32 - gone
Golf MkV GTI DSG - gone
Golf MkIV V6 4motion - gone
Golf MkIV V5 manual - gone
Golf MkV GTI manual- gone
Golf MkIV V5 - gone
Golf MkIII GLI - gone

RS ZWEI

Quote from: 5-pot on December 01, 2008, 09:54:20 AM
I always laugh when I see this thread name on the main page under the Porsche "most recently updated thread" area.  The title gets cut short and all I see is "Porsche Cayenne Dies..."

Thats what I see as well. Wish it did!
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S