badgeless passat?

Started by passatb5, July 13, 2005, 03:30:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

passatb5

Spotted a passat with a badgeless boot, rather a clean look?

whats the best method to remove the badges? ???

James

Dubious

If you can lever the edge of the badge up with a flat-head screwdriver, then squirt De-Sol-Vit under the adhesive, I've found that usually works
15 8V S3 APR Stage 1

1.8t

If you dont think they will come of with gentle force Ive read a heat gun, or a hair drier could be handy?
Dudlee the 86 318i
Past.. 95 328i M Coupe, 97 Pug 306, 97 Vento

passatb5

cheers guys. gona attempt it first thing in the morn.

1.8t

Post some pics of the Passat too!

From what ive read it sounds pretty nice
Dudlee the 86 318i

Filx

Yep hair dryer (or heat gun VERY carefully) to get that badge nice and warm and soften up the double sided "tape". Then an old credit card carefully worked under one edge of the badge. Then gently work the credit card right through the badge while still applying heat if needed. Pop it off and then remove any residue carefully. Then a polish with a super light cutting compound and done!
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

bsting

Hairdryer works well. I have a flat flexy knife (similar to a feeler gauge) that slides right under - badge pops off.
Ill bring it to the drive next week.

dubstar

You can buy plastic razor blades at Repco.  These are good for scrapping of residue without scratching the paint.
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

passatb5

thanks heaps guys. reckon i will pop down repco tmrw for one of those plastic razor blades, and nick the missus hair dryer.
will post up some pics of car etc when done.

cheers

Dubious

15 8V S3 APR Stage 1

passatb5

:) well its done. went down repco this morn brought a packet of plastic razor blades(x6) for $4. took to the trunk with the missus hair dryer.... and after around 20mins had them off.. nearly burnt my fingers off in the process and im sure was close to melting plastic razor permantly to my fingers!. but its done.

decided to leave PASSAT on the LH side. just removed the 1.8T from the right. looks alot cleaner. may yet take off the PASSAT.??

more pics in members cars.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Filx

Quote from: passatb5 on July 16, 2005, 01:38:05 PM

decided to leave PASSAT on the RH side. just removed the 1.8T from the left. looks alot cleaner. may yet take off the PASSAT.??

Take it all off! heheheh. Smooth is best  ;)
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

hitmanGTI

actuallly guys i found fishing line was the best.. hell even dental floss and u work from one corner and saw motion.. and then use mr muscle to get the sticky crape off

bsting

Quote from: MK4GTI on July 16, 2005, 04:19:39 PM
actuallly guys i found fishing line was the best.. hell even dental floss and u work from one corner and saw motion.. and then use mr muscle to get the sticky crapee off

Rubber eraser is good for that.

hitmanGTI

you could ditch the passat as well...

brad

could you take off the vw sign aswel?

VeeDub

After reading this thread, I de-badged my old mans V5 (that I get to drive 8)). I made a bit of an ass of it though  ;D

[attachment deleted by admin]

1.8t

Nice colour/interior combo!

My favortie has to be the forest green with that creamy leather interior like above.
Dudlee the 86 318i

VeeDub

Mmmm, it is a nice combo... Since those pics were taken we got rid of the ugly tow bar and replaced it with a more "normal" one so it doesnt look like we have drag wheels on the back  :P