need a aux water pump

Started by Pushbutton_auto, October 26, 2008, 10:06:07 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pushbutton_auto

for the black ooze, if anyone has one lying around.

Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

Pushbutton_auto

wilco

Hah that write up is good but makes me laugh how they go on about keeping coolant going through the heater to keep themselves warm. I thought that small pump was to keep hot spots out of the head (only on turbos I thought) and to keep coolant circulating through the turbo after shut-down.  Funny thing is when I shut down a car, I usually get out shortly afterwards.  :)

CHP320 had a new one of those pumps - you dont really want to buy one new.  :P
Good write up though, worth a go.

BB

There a crap little pump yes to stop hot spots after shut down. If rooted dont bother just get a new one there not that much or get a second hand one, dont take it apart just spray contact cleaner or brake cleaner into it to clean it out.
biggest reason the turbos dont get water to then is the small feed pipe blocks up.
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

Pushbutton_auto

Sorry mine is cracked not blocked, just found the DYI when searching for a replacement,

and a $125 US, does sound a little expensive ....

And no I don't wanna pull anything off CHP .... would rather go the other way ,,,  :)

BB

Just chuck a piece of copper pipe in where it was if you don't want to buy a new one, I think they are around $225NZ from Qualitat.
I got one for Rexes old wagon. Wish i had bought that car........

SteveC

Quote from: wilco on October 28, 2008, 10:42:30 AM
Hah that write up is good but makes me laugh how they go on about keeping coolant going through the heater to keep themselves warm.

if you have to stay in the car for any reason (the wife just pops into a clothing/furnishings/whatever shop while you wait in the car, waitning for the kids to come out of school etc.) the heater won't work if the engine's not running, so it's useful to have something like this to circulate hot water from the donk

5-pot

Quote from: wilco on October 28, 2008, 10:42:30 AM
...Funny thing is when I shut down a car, I usually get out shortly afterwards.  :)

You're definitely not a teenager/20-something anymore  :D
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

BB

i think the pump only runs if the ambient temp around the manifold, i think its the sender that sits just out in the open by the end of the inlet manifold that controls it. i dont think my aux pump runs for 10 mins after ever time i use the car ??? Its just if theres a high ambient temp, so the idea that this pump is going to be working as a heater extender even with the ignition on and engine off (something audi would never encourage and something that shouldnt be done for long on any car) is a mystery to me.
if you want to wait in a car with the heater going just have the car idling. Or take a blanket.
Every car should have a blanket in it.
Micheal Jackson called his kid Blanket!