K&N filter?

Started by Turbo, July 21, 2005, 05:04:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

hitmanGTI

Quote from: Turbo SquatLo on July 22, 2005, 01:18:01 PM
what about a bonnet scoop? ;)

I heard repco have these really cool black plastic ones that you install with 3m double sided tape.. good for another 10 HP ;)

Turbo

it's a combo deal, bonnet scoop and flame decals
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

hitmanGTI

Quote from: Turbo SquatLo on July 22, 2005, 03:02:11 PM
it's a combo deal, bonnet scoop and flame decals

Comes with free noose to hang yourself with if you are one of the first 6billion buyers

beeker

Quote from: MK4GTI on July 22, 2005, 01:13:02 PM
Rex (dont quote me on this) gets BMC Carbon Fiber Filters...

That induction pipe should theorically fit anything with a 1.8t and the airbox on that side..

there is a Audi section to OEM parts but it doesnt seem to be working.. the only reason i suggested it if you are like me and try to retain the oem look :D

I believe Rex got a power Decrease when he installed a BMC unit.
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

orggti

He did. it made His RS4 run crap. and as someone else said unless its a cold air box it will make it run worse. Basically fancy air filters are a waste of time. But your not one of the boys unless you have one so have fun just dont excpect to notice anything.
And i guess you have to be old to know what claytons is :P

Turbo

so i should get a cold air box?

i'm thinking the K&N panel filter is sounding better.

i think i've had some jiggery pokery done to my intakes cos there's the one on the turbo's side is carbon fibre.
so maybe i shouldn't mess around with stuff i don't know much about.

???
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

hitmanGTI

Quote from: Turbo SquatLo on July 22, 2005, 06:33:33 PM
so i should get a cold air box?

i'm thinking the K&N panel filter is sounding better.

i think i've had some jiggery pokery done to my intakes cos there's the one on the turbo's side is carbon fibre.
so maybe i shouldn't mess around with stuff i don't know much about.

???

you have a cold air box... thats what the panel filter sits inside.. but there are third party  CAI  which supposedly are better because of the filter shape inside is more syymetricall ie equal ie when i pulled out panel filter dust was more built up in one area than the other

hitmanGTI

Are you coming on the Drive tomorrow

Turbo

Quote from: MK4GTI on July 22, 2005, 06:49:23 PM

you have a cold air box... thats what the panel filter sits inside.. but there are third party  CAI  which supposedly are better because of the filter shape inside is more syymetricall ie equal ie when i pulled out panel filter dust was more built up in one area than the other

Are you coming on the Drive tomorrow

yeah, i was looking up some fancy air boxes on the net with more heat sheilding etc. but hardly seems worth it.
i might get the panel filter and then think of something else to give it more stink.
any other ideas?

i'm going on a drive tomorrow, but no The Drive. previous engagement. will be heading the same way, but at a more respectable hour i imagine.

have fun out there, and lookout for  :police: .... not that anyone will be speeding...

beeker

Quote from: Turbo SquatLo on July 22, 2005, 10:12:15 AM

already chipped and suspended with non factory alloys. just looking for other options to muck around with. just bored really.
after missing out on the s4 i feel i need to do something, y'know.

Buy rex's RS4.
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

Turbo

Turbo

Quote from: urq20v on July 24, 2005, 05:43:33 PM
Since you kick yourself for losing out on the S4 V8 at $70k,how far would you have gone above that price to get it?You would assume the buyer would have gone higher than $70k if you were bidding against him.

well anything below 90 would have been a good deal. you could sell it the next day for 100-110 i just couldn't organise my finances that quickly, they needed to be paid the full amount by monday morning.

i'm not sure if the other guy would've gone much higher, the bidding really slowed down at the high 60's, cos everyone (me included) was surprised the reserve hadn't been met yet - especially since it was advertised in the 50-60 range. it stayed on 69,500 for ages then finally the "now selling" light came on at 70.

but that said, as soon as it went over 70, i couldn't have given them the cash by monday.
so as it stands, i've saved myself a bit of cash, now what shall i blow it on?
panel filters?
bigger injectors?
fuel pump?
hyrdaulic suspension so i can get down my driveway?
a lightsaber replica? - well that's already on pre-order ....  ;D

old4130

saw the S4 in Ponsonby the other night.

Has new plates, but still looks great with those BBS

Was gleaming clean, not like the last time I saw it abanoned in the CBD
2005 Audi A4 1.8tq S line
1997 VW Golf GTI 16v
2011 Keeway Matrix
1987 Honda Beat FC 50 ~ 50cc of Fury

2000 SEAT Cordoba SXE ~ Her Car - Sold
2004 Subaru Forester XT 2.5 Limited ~ Her Car

Turbo

Quote from: urq20v on July 24, 2005, 07:15:22 PM
You could have a nice Imola Yellow RS4 for "below 90"!!

never one to say never ?(excpet twice, just then)
the only reason i was considering upgrading was cos the s4 was a ridiculous deal.
while i'm sure yours is value for money, i doubt it's 30>40 below market.
and yellow's a bit flashy for me.

although i know someone who's looking for an rs4 ... if his wife lets him. :P
what's the specs?

Turbo

Quote from: X 130R on July 24, 2005, 07:40:01 PM
saw the S4 in Ponsonby the other night.

Has new plates, but still looks great with those BBS

Was gleaming clean, not like the last time I saw it abanoned in the CBD

any headhunters lurking around with straightened coat hangers?