Audi 100 2.8 V6 Help Wanted Pls

Started by Andy100, January 19, 2009, 10:30:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Andy100

Hi All,
Im new to the Forum and am after a little advise pls. I have a 1992 100 2.8, Wonderfull car have owned for 7 years and done 130 000 km.
The car starts first time cold and idles Ok( maybe a little rough) but when I drive of the car dies about 100 metres down the road for a couple of seconds and then takes of again. The car will drive off ok but then hesitate and take of again. As it get warmer it gets better but never comes quite right. I would like to get a couple more years out of the car as we really enjoy driving it. Is this a common problem and can anyone point me in the right direction. 

GTI's

Fuel filter would be my first check.
Then the pump.

typ53

Good to see someone else has a Sofa on VASK at long last! 

My V6 did something similar at one point.  The hesitation was caused by dud O2 sensors.  The rough running at idle could be caused by a dead water temp sensor, possibly by O2 sensors or a vacuum leak amongst other things.

Where are you based?

Best get someone with VAG-Com to see if any fault codes are thrown up before you go changing things at random though.

The Fleet:
Orange Roughy:'90 16v Corrado
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring
Still trying to figure out how to get 'em all to fit in a single garage....

Pushbutton_auto

yep check the sensors ... and for a vacuum leak,  :)
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

Andy100

Thanks all for the suggestions, I'm from Hamilton and have had the car on  diognostics with the Audi dealer and there were no faults, although this was a couple of years ago, Any suggestions as to where I should take it for testing.