Up grading my 200.

Started by BB, March 08, 2009, 07:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB

Hmmm I will check the air tightness.
The KG has a IC. I have had it all checked and if it pushes 7psi then I think it must be leak free. I have had it tested. but they do leak often.
my intake system is pretty good tho I have the best of three cars I have wrecked.

Nice to have you on here John :) Always a pleasure.
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

vag_nutter

Go efi and start boosting more, would be an awesome sleeper >:D

BB

OOOO

Quote from: John Stone on September 02, 2009, 06:58:57 AM
You should get close to 9psi without resorting to winding in the spring. It really sounds like there is a downstream issue here. what happens when you pull out the dipstick, or take off the oil filler cap? It should run like a hairy dog, or even stall if you have no air leaks in the system. If there is no change to the idle, there can only be an air leak in the inlet system.

John

John's right Jem. You should be able to get up to 9psi without winding the spring. A combination of ECU mod and spring adjustment will get you above 9. It took me a year with the Exclusiv before getting proper boost. After checking all the air intake stuff for leaks it ended up being an oil rebreather hose discovered by accident.
2014 Audi A8 4.2TDI
2013 VW Golf 2.0TDI
2009 Audi A3 quattro

BB

I have all the oil breather hoses in pretty good nick.
I will see what happens with the modded ecu I haven't tried it yet.
I remember it pinked like crazy when I had it on holiday once and I could only get 95 gas :P
I have got the new discs now ;)
Lovely Brembos.
Oh man its going to be so good tohave the brakes sorted, they were really bad.

John Stone

Jem, have you done stumble test?
If it was pinking as badly as you say, the a/f ratio must have been horrible.

John
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

BB

It was only pinking that bad with the modded ECU. Its not so bad on the standard one, plus I only ever use 98.
If I go on holiday in it again I will fit the standard ECU.

BB

Well I'm happy! The brakes are now amazing compared to what they were! You cannot imagine how much the wrong discs make it shudder.
The standard 200tq discs are 280x22 the ones with G60 calipers (I got my G60s from pickapart, and didn't notice the disc difference....I think I might have been told they bolt straight on as well which they do but you do need new discs as well) are 276x25.
I got 2 Brembos from Partmaster for bout $110 each.

It wont boost any higher than 7psi still but its a far better drive, boosts way lower and it makes the car smoother to drive tho it does actually take away the big rush more than I thought it would :-\ It is better tho.
Its running very smooth.
Oh yea I undid the oil filer cap and the car just instantly stalls! So that must mean its a pretty good seal eh? And if I pull the dip stick it stumbles a bit like you say.

I also sussed that I need a new fuel pump relay and I will have the telemetric cut out system working again as they have a special fuel pump relay that has the 5th pin on the opposite side.

Abs,speedo,rev counter,sunroof,wheel align and thats about all it needs.

I wouldn't mind lowering it, wonder who has any springs? SHould I just cut some spare ones? I'm a bit sick of spending on it now.

John Stone

86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

BB

Sum more pics now I'm rocking the bucket.

BB

Few more bits of old car.

This was when i was fitting up the new turbo and cutting and shortening the hoses etc.

BB

News is i have blown my damn speedo transponder >:( im so pissed ive done this as they are a very very very rare part.

I wish Portmanatu hadn't got upset but then i did ask him for one and he never got back so who knows.

If anybody knows where i can get one its would be greatly apreciated.
Rob from euroline will go through his pile to see if anything else will match.
i will put up the part number soon.

vag_nutter

What year is it? Ill have a look on etka and see what else uses the same part

vag_nutter

If its a 88-91 it has the same distance sensor as alot of other models, 100q, c4 100, 80q, a4

$12.95 at autohaus
http://www.autohausaz.com/search/product.aspx?sid=i4w0slbnn5gfjo45oo5fri45&partnumber=012409191D

RS ZWEI

Quote from: BB on September 16, 2009, 12:50:18 PM
News is i have blown my damn speedo transponder >:( im so pissed ive done this as they are a very very very rare part.

I wish Portmanatu hadn't got upset but then i did ask him for one and he never got back so who knows.

This is Portmanatu TM account, ask him :)

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Motors/Car-parts-accessories/Audi/auction-242084111.htm
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

BB

RS ZWEI

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

vag_nutter

He will reply to your pm's aswell

vag_nutter

Quote from: BB on September 16, 2009, 12:50:18 PM

Did you get the part#?