Up grading my 200.

Started by BB, March 08, 2009, 07:18:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

BB

Well I got the K24 turbo off Hemihead and i am going to fit it to my 200 to get the much better mid rage the 200 so badly lacks.
I have driven a 200 with a K24 and the difference is amazing.
I have a spare engine that i am going to keep now and refresh very slightly.
  Will remove the head, do the valve guide seals and lap the valves in and make sure the inlet and exhaust manifolds and gaskets are flowed nicely. And get it refaced. I have a head gasket already I got off TM ages ago. I wil also have all the shims clearances set.
The block I will possibly fit rings and big end bearings as long as they are cheap enough.
I will swap the cambelt and pump etc that is all new off my old motor.
I will fit a good A/C pump I have as well.
It will make for a really good car, so much better than a standard 200.
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

qta4

crap Jeremy , have you just won lotto, you will have 2 supercars ;D
Skill is, sucessfully tightrope walking across the Niagra Falls.
Intelligence is, having the sense not to do it.

typ53

The Benzine is going to his head, poor fella.  Now Jem will have to decide which one to take to the track.   :-\ 
The Fleet:
Orange Roughy:'90 16v Corrado
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring
Still trying to figure out how to get 'em all to fit in a single garage....

qta4

He could tow the golf behind the 200, then race both, and tow the dead one home ;D

You just gotto love super cars

BB

No no lotto, it wont cost much and willtake place over the next few months no doubt.
But it will make a much better car out of what i have already.
I paid $300 for the turbo and don't expect to spend more than about 4-500 more. Maybe much less.

typ53

Quote from: qta4 on March 08, 2009, 08:27:49 PM
He could tow the golf behind the 200, then race both, and tow the dead one home ;D

You just gotto love super cars

;D  ;D  ;D

I shouldn't laugh, I had to get towed home from Concours one year.   ::)
The Fleet:
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring

qta4

I wasnt laughing, really good idea ;D

Period_Correct_

Quote from: typ53 on March 08, 2009, 08:45:53 PM
;D  ;D  ;D

I shouldn't laugh, I had to get towed home from Concours one year.   ::)

just survived that fire as well...  ;)
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

typ53

The Fleet:
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring

Filx

Awesome stuff Jem - I'm looking forward ot this one. What's the intercooler situation on a 200 Like? Maybe look at upgrading that at the same time? An old Legacy RS or Celica GT4 water to air set up can be had at wreckers for next to nothing and could be a nice subtle swap.
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

Pushbutton_auto

Might be able to keep up with the Exclusive then   .....    :laugh:
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

BB

Hmmm now you have me thinking Flix...... do they reaally make that much difference? it has a intercooler but not very big and they can often leak tho my one has been tested and dosent. I dont want an ugly front mount but if it was subtle enough. They do look really good lowered and maybe with a front mount i could end up with quite a beast.
I have also a moded ECU that Rex did for me that i removed as it made it pink quite badly on anything other than mobil 98. I will refit it and just run 98 but take the other ECU if i go on a big drive and cant get the stuff.

A 200 with a K24 really is a nice drive. With a K26.........awful really, so much lag.
I look forward to doing this as it is really just me getting to finally use some of the bits I have in a good way.

Bullseye

Quote from: BB on March 09, 2009, 08:33:55 AM
Hmmm now you have me thinking Flix...... do they reaally make that much difference? it has a intercooler but not very big and they can often leak tho my one has been tested and dosent. I dont want an ugly front mount but if it was subtle enough. They do look really good lowered and maybe with a front mount i could end up with quite a beast.

Sounds cool Jeremy, just paint the i/c black it will be hard to spot on that much front  ;)
B8 A4 Avant - soon to be eating Chips

typ53

It will be good to see the old, gold girl back in regular usage BB.  It was looking good at Ellerslie.
The Fleet:
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring

Spinner

Quote from: BB on March 09, 2009, 08:33:55 AMThey do look really good lowered and maybe with a front mount i could end up with quite a beast.

gawd please don't "wigga-fy" that thing!!!! ;D

BB

22'' chromes here I come.

1.8t

Dudlee the 86 318i
Past.. 95 328i M Coupe, 97 Pug 306, 97 Vento

typ53

Yep, and a drain-pipe sized exhaust mounted with super-heavy-duty springs.  That way when you're parked outside Spinner's house it will send him into orbit when he jumps on it.  :P
The Fleet:
'89 Carrera 4. 
'12 330d Touring

GlenT