Looking for MK1 Scirocco

Started by 80 Vert, March 13, 2009, 10:23:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

80 Vert

I heard that with the launch of the new Scirocco, VW NZ is looking for a mint MK1 Scirocco.
What they want with it I don't know but thats what I heard, somebody called me during the week asking If I knew anybody with one.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

rambo_005

That's gonna be hard to come by...

spooln

Id been keen for a look see if they find one. Never seen one up close
77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

80 Vert

Can't remember the last average one I've seen let alone a mint one.
Still its cool they want to incorporate old with new.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

Angle

The smart money would import one. The nices one in NZ is likely to be a project in pieces!

spooln

I wonder if this is just because of the press around the ne one incorporating the old car. I like this pic
77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

SOFTLAD

That picure just shows how everything is getting bigger, the mk1 looks like it's been shrunk, but it's like the mk1 golf it has the same wheel base as the Lupo and these days you'd say the Lupo was a micro car, but would you say the same about the golf

BB

I think the camera angle etc is making that seem worse but your right the mk1 looks TINY!
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

vwrally

Quote from: vert1 on March 13, 2009, 10:23:48 PM
I heard that with the launch of the new Scirocco, VW NZ is looking for a mint MK1 Scirocco.
What they want with it I don't know but thats what I heard, somebody called me during the week asking If I knew anybody with one.

Do you know who you would contact to see if the were still after one??

I have a 1974 TS all matching numbers in the shed that wouldnt be to difficult to tidy up to be a fairly respectable car.

Could be worth an enquiry as I certainly havent seen any better cars around in the 20 years that I have had this one

spooln

Perhaps they will do it up for you for 3 months of promo usage....? Could be worth a call

Bullseye

Like the original civic in the window at Broadway Honda  8) damn they look small now.
B8 A4 Avant - soon to be eating Chips

vwrally

Quote from: spooln on April 01, 2009, 09:09:18 AM
Perhaps they will do it up for you for 3 months of promo usage....? Could be worth a call

Any ideas who you would call?? Does anybody know who the product manager is??

I have Richard Giltraps number but thats probably a bit over the top

To all who have PM'd Sorry Guys car isnt for sale at the moment,  I like it to much

SteveC

try Dean Sheed at VWNZ, CEO or GM or somesuch, but nice guy, should point you in the right direction

don't have his card at work, but the number should be on white pages

Filx

Quote from: SOFTLAD on March 14, 2009, 12:58:20 PM
That picure just shows how everything is getting bigger, the mk1 looks like it's been shrunk, but it's like the mk1 golf it has the same wheel base as the Lupo and these days you'd say the Lupo was a micro car, but would you say the same about the golf

So true, when we were looking for the Lupo I was woried it would be too small - then I saw a picture of one on the 'net parked next to a 60's Mini and I laughed at how much bigger it was!
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

SteveC

Quote from: Filx on April 01, 2009, 11:49:11 AM
So true, when we were looking for the Lupo I was woried it would be too small - then I saw a picture of one on the 'net parked next to a 60's Mini and I laughed at how much bigger it was!

higher as well as wider and longer, as pedestrian crash protection rules push bonnet heights upwards

spooln

Quote from: vwrally on April 01, 2009, 10:35:24 AM
To all who have PM'd Sorry Guys car isnt for sale at the moment,  I like it to much

Ha ha ... fleetingly thought about doing that to..... :laugh:

SOFTLAD

Out of interest how many ask the question??

vwrally

cpncrash

There is an average condition green mk1 scirocco just out of Christchurch,

Story goes that it was abandoned on the street side, this guy rings the council about it and ends up picking it up for free........

vwrally

Quote from: captncrash on April 01, 2009, 03:21:08 PM
There is an average condition green mk1 scirocco just out of Christchurch,

Story goes that it was abandoned on the street side, this guy rings the council about it and ends up picking it up for free........

I have scored a Golf and an Audi like that goob value

A friend started a euro wreckers the same way most of the cars werev abandoned at tyhe queenstown airport when people left town, they just drive them in and leabve the keys in the ignition.  Amazingly most sit there until the council tows them away, go figure