The only Porche I've seen which looks worse than the Panamera

Started by MarkRTC, March 23, 2009, 06:13:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Simon MkII

Why all the speculation when it isn't even a Porsche concept? Isn't this just some mock up done by someone outside Porsche?
Mazda Mx5

rambo_005

Quote from: Simon MkII on March 24, 2009, 01:12:02 PM
Why all the speculation when it isn't even a Porsche concept? Isn't this just some mock up done by someone outside Porsche?

Yep!

bigbumper

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on March 24, 2009, 09:23:22 AM
Apart from the 911 and the Carrera GT, Porsche havent built a good car since the 80's/early 90's.
They have lost the plot IMO.

isn't the Cayman supposed to be quite good?

But yeah I thought the same thing Nik.  Having not driven anything newer than a 993, I can't really comment about ability, but when it comes to styling the last Porsches I liked were the Boxster concept and the 993... hate the Cayenne & the 996 ain't much better

as for this 3dr Panamera thing, well I'd rather have it than a 5dr Panamera... but then I'd rather have another broken foot than that monstrosity  :P

rambo_005

rambo_005

Audi Life

*emoticon vomiting*

RS ZWEI

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

vag_nutter

SteveC

they must be 26" wheels to make it look sorta in proportion!   :D

Bullseye

B8 A4 Avant - soon to be eating Chips

sisu

It is ugly. Big wheels or not, considering they had a clean slate to work from they tits it up.

M

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on March 24, 2009, 09:23:22 AM
Apart from the 911 and the Carrera GT, Porsche havent built a good car since the 80's/early 90's.
They have lost the plot IMO.

I am sorry but that's utter crap.

The Boxster is perfect for what it was meant to be, a cheaper Porsche not so focused on ultimate performance but fun. If you wanted a soft top why butcher a 911, just buy a Boxster.

The Cayman is a great car too, a Cayman S is a better car to me than a base model 997 was. Any other 997 was a step up though.

The Cayenne is not to everyones taste in the looks department, but they sold by the bucket load(so LOADS of people must like them). If you own a Cayenne Turbo it is very hard to move to anything else, nothing is as fast that is so big, that still handles well, that is comfy on a long journey and gives off road capability. It's a GREAT all rounder for a family man.(my ultimate car for day to day in NZ I have to say).

The Panamera is ugly I admit, but again I guarantee it will sell, and I think it will grow on people.

And Porsche as a Company are by far and away the most profitable car company in the World, they bought VAG from their own money NO LENDING!! That is truly amazing.
Too much power is almost enough.

Y0RKI

Quote from: M on April 17, 2009, 08:44:06 PM
And Porsche as a Company are by far and away the most profitable car company in the World,

no they are not, but i am not going to add any more fuel to the fire
Everything is for sale, you just have to offer the right money
2002 Maserati 4200 Spyder
2006 Alfa Romeo 147 GTA - For Sale
2001 Fiat Coupe 20Vt Le - gone
1998 Fiat Bravo HGT - gone
1996 Fiat Coupe 16vt - gone
1990 Fiat Uno Turbo - gone (to heaven)
1986 Fiat Uno Turbo - gone

sisu

As long as they make small light cars they will be ok PIMHO. Porsche drip feed PSSDD in the safe knowledge that everyone will be PSOL next year when they bring out a new model.
996 engine failure, shagged slip liners, oil leaks, cam tensioners failure. So they bought out the 998

Simon MkII

Quote from: Mk1unoT on April 20, 2009, 10:28:11 AM
no they are not, but i am not going to add any more fuel to the fire

They were in 2006 and 2008 according to a quick google search.
Mazda Mx5

Pristle

Quote from: Mk1unoT on March 24, 2009, 08:28:04 AM
why spend so much money to develop and build a 5 door car, then turn it into a coupe afterwards?!

You'll find your answer here: http://www.cartoday.com/content/news/singlepage.asp?in=9637

Some extra pics too.

If VW can resurrect the Scirocco, why shouldn't Porsche do the same with the 928? Although it seems they'll stick with a simple "GT".

GlenT

Quote from: M on April 17, 2009, 08:44:06 PM

And Porsche as a Company are by far and away the most profitable car company in the World, they bought VAG from their own money NO LENDING!! That is truly amazing.
They were the most profitable, but they still owe 10 billion Euro to lenders of which they have just had to re-finance.
At first I didn't like the Panamera at all.
But it has grown on me somewhat. Even though I not keen on the idea of Porsche making SUV's let alone a four door "coupe", but that's what pays the bills.
They have shown they know how to run a auto maker business, so good on them for giving the masses what they want in order to survive in a terrible market.

qta4

So what model Porsche would you buy today Nik, price unlimited?
Skill is, sucessfully tightrope walking across the Niagra Falls.
Intelligence is, having the sense not to do it.

liam92

not so sure it is ugly as a car it is ugly compared to its stable mates though as for the 928 being a replacement it was in many parts of the states as the yanks version of a sports car is V8 or more engine must be in the front. Even ferrari followed this trend.
It will sell to the M3 m5 types who want a fast car that can seat more than 2.
I must say also the S5 looks so much better just the non hatch look is soooo much better