bsting

What is that? Is there a tribe of them?
I'm not sure, I've seen this paintjob done on a mk1 3door too

HaNs

Quote from: bsting on April 19, 2009, 11:28:15 AM
What is that? Is there a tribe of them?
I'm not sure, I've seen this paintjob done on a mk1 3door too

I dont think its part of them

http://www.teampolizei.com/ aka Alex Roy and co.

QuoteRoy distinguished himself on the Gumball 3000 and Bullrun rallies with a modified BMW M5, and later a Bentley Continental GT comically decorated as Canadian, German, Spanish, Swedish, Italian and Bahamanian police cars (complete with lights, sirens, and an inflatable sex doll) for Team Polizei 144.[1] He won the Gumball's 2003 Spirit trophy for his car, eccentric costumes, and mock French or German interview replies.[1] In 2004, he and his co-driver wore costumes based on the Disney science-fiction film Tron, winning the Style trophy.[1]

Roy meticulously prepares for rallies with the goal of avoiding police stops[1], using maps, GPS navigation, and spreadsheets. During the 2004 rally, he would
use the police-car disguise to startle other drivers into pulling over, where he would then videotape their reactions.[1]

Alex also has the Transcontinental record

80 Vert

Thats a real German police car, green and white are the colours of the German highway patrol.
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

bsting

I'm guessing RHD replica or a conversion from a genuine LHD policecar, sadly I didn't get a chance to talk to the owner.
I bumped into JonP there (A mod from clubgti uk) he had the Polizei mk1

http://www.vask.org.nz/index.php/topic,8723.0.html

And Alex with the gumball Policecar M5, I remember that - he goes the whole hog too, including uniform.

HaNs

Quote from: vert1 on April 19, 2009, 11:47:35 AM
Thats a real German police car, green and white are the colours of the German highway patrol.

Dont they use blue lights?

and there is a .co.uk website on the window

real

Mike1410

Quote from: vert1 on April 19, 2009, 11:47:35 AM

No, it's definately a fake, partly since it's rhd (if it was genuine you'd leave it as lhd - since conversion to rhd on a 1992 Passat worth about NZ $1000 tops would be ridiculously expensive and also totally unecessary since unlike in NZ, lhd cars are road legal in the UK regardless of their age. Also, being a bit of an anorak here, it looks to me to be a different shade of green!. Do like the re-arrangement of the "Passat" badge to read "Past it" though! ;D

And the probable reason why they don't have a blue light on it (as a genuine car would) is because in the UK it is illegal for any vehicle which is not a genuine emergency services vehicle (fire/police/ambulance) to display blue lights....so they'd get pulled every time they drove it on the road. Penalty = fine (at least), possible criminal conviction, possible confiscation & crushing of car.

Some exceptions are allowed (with the necessary permits) e.g. for fake police cars to be used for tv filming or restored classic police cars to be displayed at shows etc but even these must have any blue lights covered/removed when on public roads.