New Project Quattro

Started by 86gte, April 27, 2009, 02:57:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

86gte

Yes the handle is for the rear passanger side quattro type 85. I can take some detailed pics and post them if that would help? I tried a mk2 handle because they looked the same from outside but they have quite different mechs.

Also need a drivers seat in the black trim if anybody has one out there? And lots of other parts.....

wilco

Quote from: BB on July 22, 2009, 08:40:23 PM

Why are KYB way better than munroes?

I've just found that the Munroes I've used on various vehicles are not as maybe progressive or 'matched' if thats the word for those applications I've used them in. I used Munroes on the rear of a Vanagon, too hard right out of the box, Hilux ute likewise, better with a load on where perhaps the spring does more work. I've been happy with KYB inserts on 2x 200Ts, my Cq, Mk2 Golf.  Although the Porsche had them when I got it but they were awful so replaced with Bilsteins.
I'm suggesting that KYBs for a Type 85 chassis seem to be a good value fit.
If you can get Koni for a good price then great, buy the best you can afford.

BB

Quote from: 86gte on July 23, 2009, 08:44:30 AM
Yes the handle is for the rear passanger side quattro type 85. I can take some detailed pics and post them if that would help? I tried a mk2 handle because they looked the same from outside but they have quite different mechs.

Also need a drivers seat in the black trim if anybody has one out there? And lots of other parts.....
yep need a pic or something. There are many many differnt ones that look the same on the outside but are different ;)
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

86gte

Alright, thanks for the advice guys.

Will try out my photographer skill on what i have left of the handle, or may even take the other side off to give you a better idea. Check back here in a few days time.

Thanks

BB

I ask about the munroes as I tend to use them but am interested in anything that may be better for similar money.
I have Monroes in the rear of my 200 at the mo and they seem fine ???
Its so hard to really know about such things really unless you hear of a really bad story.

I've been hearing stories about antifreeze lately and "I dunno" Id like to know what's best tho.
Heard the Toyota stuff is pretty good if you just want a good quality long lasting coolant.
Some green stuff seems to make sludge but only really if the cooling system has had rust in it first as the glycol strips it all off or something.
Im not talking Audis here, use G12 in Audis. A cooling system that is rusted up will always be rusted up.
The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?