Lemon and Dog Guide

Started by SamEEE, August 10, 2005, 07:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SamEEE

I was reading the Lemon and Dog guide this morning, what a load of crap!- I didnt see anything that was really praised except a Early 90's Corolla. (not that they are bad cars)

Anyway to the point, apparently a 67-74 VW Beetle is more safe than a Mk.2 Golf. Can anyone back this up with facts?

Apparently the earlier models are not so safe because of the non- collapseable steering column. This turning the driver into a human kebab if a head on occurs. Ouch.

ooh and by the way i smell really bad on most mornings but i really cant help it as i have sweating problems. you no i do like to sleep naked in the weekends i find it enjoyable and very pleasing to the senses and also to my gigantic willie.  my faveriote quote is "rubbing yourself is natural" or "go and have a play with your cock and balls"

Dubious

The guy hates Euro cars with a passion!  He also compares everything to a Toyota, then when you read in the Toyota section he says they are dull and have no personality...  Obviously nothing satisfies him!

I think he hates Volvo most of all, and no VWs and Audis (or any other euro) are recommended.   ::)
15 8V S3 APR Stage 1

hitmanGTI

ive never seen this dog and lemon guide thing???

orggti

I know the author personally and yes you couldnt find someone more full of it than him. His opinion means absolutely nothing and each year is just a rehash of last year including most of the articals. He is an arrogant twat.

Period_Correct_

1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

Pristle

Quote from: orggti on August 11, 2005, 08:16:55 AM
I know the author personally....................of the articals. He is an arrogant twat

I notice you didn't say a "close personal friend".

I was a tad surprised when TV3 used him in their Campbell Live proggie last week about Wemuewa Twactors. I would have thought Campbell was smarter than that, but then Campbell almost fits your closing sentence.

I say almost, as he is a potential VASKer (it was his Touareg Jacqui Brown was driving in the show), and I won't speak (too) badly of a fellow VAG owner. He drove a Passat V6 4motion before that, so the guy can't all that bad. Besides he also really put it to Helen on TV a while back (it'll be interesting to see how tonights show goes).

Turbo

Quote from: Pristle on August 11, 2005, 12:40:29 PM

I would have thought Campbell was smarter than that, but then Campbell almost fits your closing sentence.

i know john, he's one of the nicest most affable people i've met.
nice to a fault really.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

bigbumper

Quote from: Turbo SquatLo on August 11, 2005, 01:16:39 PM
i know john, he's one of the nicest most affable people i've met.
nice to a fault really.

Yep he's a damn sight better than the poison dwarf (Paul Holmes).

As for the Dog & Lemon Guide, well I can't understand why someone who apparently hates every car ever made would bother going to the trouble of writing such a book.? What scares me is that there are some car illiterate people out there who will read it and actually believe what he says!

tempq18t

Quote from: bigbumper on August 11, 2005, 02:32:26 PM
? What scares me is that there are some car illiterate people out there who will read it and actually believe what he says!

those people who can't make their own opinion deserve to listen to such as that twat though

bigbumper

Quote from: tempq18t on August 11, 2005, 04:42:14 PM
those people who can't make their own opinion deserve to listen to such as that twat though

Well yes, arguably so.

Quote from: SamEEE on August 10, 2005, 07:44:27 PM
Anyway to the point, apparently a 67-74 VW Beetle is more safe than a Mk.2 Golf. Can anyone back this up with facts?

Define safe.? I can't imagine the Beetle has better frontal impact absorbtion, and it certainly wouldn't be better handling, better braking or more accelerative, so I don't see how it possibly could be "safer"

Turbo

Quote from: bigbumper on August 11, 2005, 05:24:10 PM

Define safe.? I can't imagine the Beetle has better frontal impact absorbtion, and it certainly wouldn't be better handling, better braking or more accelerative, so I don't see how it possibly could be "safer"

harder to kill yourself at 40kph.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

bigbumper

orggti

The author knows people in the tv buissness ::) and was on fair go not so long ago, giving out totally useless information about getting your wheel nuts undone, He advised going out and spending $50 on buying a breaker bar with the correct size socket. The bar he held up was about one inch longer than the supplied cars wheel brace!!! I would have suggested fitting a length of pipe over the exsisting brace for nothing! and or showed people how to stand on the brace to loosen it at the correct angle,using one foot only, making sure the tool is firmly on the nut and held right angles and becareful not to slip and hurt your shin. They had the two women jumping up and down on the brace with high heels on! of which he said nothing about! Wot a twat.

GlenT

Ha ha, I saw that episode as well.
He has very little knowledge of his subjects. Most of the crape he scribbles down is either made up or second hand bollocks.
In one of his issues (I believe it might have been the first) he wrote that the Ur q was rather "unreliable" and knew nothing of their history, What a f$%k witt!
It pisses me off that a little gimp like that makes a living from publishing bull crape.
I will now count to ten 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10... Ah that's much better.

likegolf88

Quote from: SamEEE on August 10, 2005, 07:44:27 PM
ooh and by the way i smell really bad on most mornings but i really cant help it as i have sweating problems. you no i do like to sleep naked in the weekends i find it enjoyable and very pleasing to the senses and also to my gigantic willie.? my faveriote quote is "rubbing yourself is natural" or "go and have a play with your cock and balls"

Whhaaat?...

veedubtom

... I think one of the people in his dorm did that, my guess would be Thorley Robbins, am I correct Sam?

likegolf88

Haha dorm dramas, I thought as much.

SamEEE

Haha- right on the money there tom!

Sorry about that guys.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: GlenT on August 27, 2005, 10:59:01 PM
Ha ha, I saw that episode as well.
He has very little knowledge of his subjects. Most of the crapee he scribbles down is either made up or second hand bollocks.
In one of his issues (I believe it might have been the first) he wrote that the Ur q was rather "unreliable" and knew nothing of their history, What a f$%k witt!
It pisses me off that a little gimp like that makes a living from publishing bull crapee.
I will now count to ten 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10... Ah that's much better.

Im with you Glen!
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8