Why petrol is so expensive

Started by spooln, August 12, 2005, 01:09:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

spooln

Received this today. Q: What do you do if you are an Arab oil rich chap. A: You have you Audi silver plated.  :o

[attachment deleted by admin]
77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

spooln

And

77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

spooln

And

likegolf88

Wow, but wheres the diamond encrusted mags  ???
Stage III weight increase anyone?

likegolf88

What better to spend money on in times of strife.

hitmanGTI

Quote from: golfclass on August 12, 2005, 01:41:03 PM
When im sick of my neighbours starving to death and blowing each other up i just go for a drive in my newly silver plated Audi and everythings allright....

This will probably get deleted.

You are probably right

Lunar7

its not plated, but  polished alloy, allthough the did have to make custom bumpers

Dubious

Ultimate **bling**

Imagine all the fingerprints you would get on it
15 8V S3 APR Stage 1

Westfalia

that car would be great for women stuck in akld traffic! It would make applying makeup 10 times easier!

orggti

"When im sick of my neighbours starving to death and blowing each other up i just go for a drive in my newly silver plated Audi and everythings allright...." Quote
:laugh: Excellent obsevation I hope this dosent get deleted ....i dont think it will surely, its a standard observation.
I like the title of the topic as well. Maybe if we all act like funny crazy unoffencive and not too school yard we can make some interesting fun comments and also find out some good home truths about why Petrol is so expencive and what we all ARE thinking about it.
Its actually a very very important descussion that nobody wants anybody in the public to think anything about, particularly in NZ as our Cars=Dollars maths is much much different than any other country in the world nearly. In most other countrys they try there hardest to keep the average person out of cars so that the rich arnt stuck in traffic jams. Whereas in NZ we have to have every man and their dog driving as its the only way the economy can survive. Thats why they havent brought in compulsory 3rd party insurance and its so easy to get licences and cheap cars.  Petrol WILL be 2.50 a litre this time next year and they WILL bring in 3rd party insurance soon as the bills are starting to flow the other way as insurace companies demand more and more from the few who do have insurance. Its going to make it very hard for guys like me who have no money but lots of cheap classic cars. As I say im seriously thinking of selling my cars and sticking with my mk1 diesel and moped whilst i can still trick some fool into buying them. The V8 crowd is going to take a huge knock too. Basically if the planet survives this insanity of the last 100 years and mankind still has a life here we will be saying to each other " why did we get so greedy? why couldnt we just have been happy with tiny high tec performance motors and mopeds and fewer possessions but more time to play with them" And "why did we try and control everything else a man can do, but never, ever, think we should control how much of a pig he can make of himself with money?" Ah well.

hitmanGTI

i remember the days when 96 was 95 cents a litre.. but alas.. those days are gone.

Turbo

you would think it was on special, today i went to 2 service station to fill up and there were lines.... LINES.

what's going on?

i just left, who can be bothered waiting.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

Dubious

Quote from: Turbo SquatLo on August 13, 2005, 11:54:27 AM
you would think it was on special, today i went to 2 service station to fill up and there were lines.... LINES.

what's going on?

i just left, who can be bothered waiting.

I also encountered a petrol station with cars out onto the street waiting for fuel.  I looked at the prices expecting to see a big drop, but no.

Maybe people are desperate to buy now before it goes up again...  ???
15 8V S3 APR Stage 1

Turbo

Quote from: Dubious on August 13, 2005, 12:49:41 PM
I also encountered a petrol station with cars out onto the street waiting for fuel.? I looked at the prices expecting to see a big drop, but no.

Maybe people are desperate to buy now before it goes up again...? ???

hmm yeah, maybe they know something we don't.

lets just get maglevs.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

hitmanGTI

i almost died lastnight drove thru BP to buy me a Pie... and had a merry Anuerism when i saw 91 was at 145

christ.. thats wat 98 was at the day before when i filled up

my stupid 1800cc car is not going to cost near 100 dollars to fil

Turbo

Quote from: hitmanGTI on August 13, 2005, 01:49:09 PM
i almost died lastnight drove thru BP to buy me a Pie... and had a merry Anuerism when i saw 91 was at 145

christ.. thats wat 98 was at the day before when i filled up

my stupid 1800cc car is not going to cost near 100 dollars to fil

mine was $78 to fill up today on 8000, it wasn't even touching reserve.
bonus side was getting 8 chances to win the mobile prize thingy.
hopefully it's more petrol.

Pristle

What ticks me off is the fact that the "big 3": Shell, BP and Mobil happily announced an average profit increase of 66% this over last year. Sadly with the rate they're increasing prices, the reverse may well be true for my business soon. :(

In the eight years my business has been going, I've seen my weekly fuel bill rise from $45 a week to just over $100 and that's with reduced travelling. Mind you, my parking bills have risen about the same too. My father-in-law complained that they've just had a jump of ZAR0.21c a litre, at the current exchange rate they're now paying NZ$1.19c, go figure.

On the political front, I'm waiting to hear from one of the election hopefuls, an announcement that they're strip some of the levies we're forced to pay presently. Now, that'll be a lollie scramble.

hitmanGTI

Quote from: Pristle on August 14, 2005, 11:16:23 AM
What ticks me off is the fact that the "big 3": Shell, BP and Mobil happily announced an average profit increase of 66% this over last year. Sadly with the rate they're increasing prices, the reverse may well be true for my business soon. :(

In the eight years my business has been going, I've seen my weekly fuel bill rise from $45 a week to just over $100 and that's with reduced travelling. Mind you, my parking bills have risen about the same too. My father-in-law complained that they've just had a jump of ZAR0.21c a litre, at the current exchange rate they're now paying NZ$1.19c, go figure.

On the political front, I'm waiting to hear from one of the election hopefuls, an announcement that they're strip some of the levies we're forced to pay presently. Now, that'll be a lollie scramble.

They should lift the Stupid Levies especiall road taxes of diesels (its damning stupid on persoanally owned vehicles and light vehicles like a ford courier ute for example.. how ever business trucks etc should continue to pay)

Government shouldnt give students a free ride they should be subsidising petrol at least 5 cents per litre

bsting

Lunar7

Just filled up with BP 98....

$92 for 60 litres....

Will get about 450Km out of that tank...

Hmmm 21c a Km.

Last year was costing about 15c a Km

we either need a new government, huge rises, better roads or all of the above...