A8 Parts vehicles for sale

Started by Speedy, October 07, 2008, 02:43:48 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Speedy

Good afternoon! I've just joined this forum and have an interesting opportunity to start. I work for the Audi dealership here in Christchurch where we have two uncompilable A8's. These were imported 5 or 6 years ago with the intention of putting them on the road. However the information supplied was incorrect and this meant they couldn't be complied. The details of the vehicles are....

95 A8 4.2 Quattro. black  Full leather, sunroof done 12.000km. Starts are drives very well. WAUZZZ4DZSN003939

95 A8 2.8 Front wheel drive. white with leather. Done 105.000km and has alittle wear and tear (just the normal for the kms)

Both vehicles aren't accident damaged and can be viewed by arrangement. As you can tell these cost a mint when they were imported but with space at a premium they need to be moved on. Would provide excellent parts vehicles or engine parts for a transplant.
Can provide photos if wanted. 
Any questions or queries I'll be happy to answer.

wilco

Are these the ones that are ex-Singapore, water damaged?
I was considering those to supplement my own A8 4.2 parts car.  Considered trying to make one out of two...

If they are the ones of course.

W.

Simon MkII

Neil always wanted to try and fit one of those V8s in to a quattro 80 or 90.... I think that would make a pretty cool sleeper. Maybe some one on here wants to give it a go?  ;) :police:
Mazda Mx5

5-pot

Quote from: Simon MkII on October 07, 2008, 03:22:53 PM
Neil always wanted to try and fit one of those V8s in to a quattro 80 or 90.... I think that would make a pretty cool sleeper. Maybe some one on here wants to give it a go?  ;) :police:

Wilco's on to it ;)
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

HaNs

Pm'd

Quote from: wilco on October 07, 2008, 02:51:24 PM
Are these the ones that are ex-Singapore, water damaged?
I was considering those to supplement my own A8 4.2 parts car.  Considered trying to make one out of two...

If they are the ones of course.

W.

Ill give you a hand

*cough V8 polo cough*  :D

Simon MkII

Mazda Mx5

5-pot

Quote from: Simon MkII on October 07, 2008, 03:53:01 PM
Maybe V8 a qCoupe  >:D

Again, Wilco!  I want a V8 80q  ;D

What kinda money is the V8 going for anyway?
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

wilco

Quote from: Simon MkII on October 07, 2008, 03:53:01 PM
Maybe V8 a qCoupe  >:D

Yeah mate thats me... ABZ into my quattro coupe.  Have done 5-bolt conversion and big brakes so far, bit of a play with suspension and rear ARB's but dont want to go too far down there until I get the weight distribution sorted.  The alloy 8 is lighter and shorter than the I5, so need to set up first.
However I'm tempted too with the '95 80 V6 quattro I have.  Advantage is that the B4 suspension is just that much better to tweak, already has a RARB and the engine bay is already setup for a V config engine.  That would be a hoot, a normal looking 80 packing a big stick.  I reckon it'd make an RS2 cower as it'd be about 300kg lighter. 

Timeframe? Probably within the next 6-12 months.  Things in the shed move slowly with all my other commitments (usual stuff, family, work, farm, life..)

wilco

Quote from: HaNs on October 07, 2008, 03:52:17 PM
Pm'd

Ill give you a hand

Hah, you may regret that kind offer HaNs  ;D

Speedy

I have been and had a look at the vehicles and they are not water damaged. The white v6 has had some interior panels removed by customs during a border check. Apart from that they both seem in good condition. I have some photos but would rather them to be abit cleaner before i post them!

wilco

Cool, one never knows what one needs....

Simon MkII

Speedy, what part of the dealership do you work in?
Mazda Mx5

Speedy

Quote from: Simon MkII on October 08, 2008, 09:14:41 AM
Speedy, what part of the dealership do you work in?

I'm an Audi Service Advisor

Lee

Speedy--What happened to these cars?

vag_nutter