Started by rambo_005, June 05, 2009, 06:39:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Number21

Not a ute kinda guy, but that looks OK.

b0000st

Beat me to it got the press release today

Matt

brian

Bit tasteless, probably appeal to the Yanks tho, just need Pamela spreadeagled on the bonnet
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

spooln

I quite like the concept. Back seat space looks quite limited, not unlike the Hilux that this is targeted at. Is a new market for VW so time will tell I guess.
77 CS1 Fiat Spider. 78 Mk1 Scirocco. 83 Mk1 GTI. 12 Abarth 595C Competizione. 18 Golf R. 20 Kodiaq vRS

b0000st

Theres a new Touareg due out failry soon so the design of the ute may hint at how it will look.

Matt

mark2 golf

i don't like the tray and a cant see a transfer case gear stick so it will probably be awd and crap off road.
89 mk2 1.8t
97 mk3 gti 1.8t
90 190e 2.6
17 Amarok v6
09 golf gti

Aidan

Quote from: mark2 golf on June 06, 2009, 08:32:23 AM
i don't like the tray and a cant see a transfer case gear stick so it will probably be awd and s**t off road.

Buttons in front of the gear stick maybe?
Das Auto(s): 2007 MKV GTI Manual and a random Beemer

mark2 golf

still crap i drive lots of ml mercs at work with electronic selection and it junk. takes ages to select.
89 mk2 1.8t
97 mk3 gti 1.8t
90 190e 2.6
17 Amarok v6
09 golf gti

omad

Quote from: mark2 golf on June 06, 2009, 08:32:23 AM
i don't like the tray and a cant see a transfer case gear stick so it will probably be awd and s**t off road.

like all of the fantastic 4wd utes that they make now?? Yeah right. The Hilux is crap off road, as are most of the others... designed more for on the road. The older Hiluxs are alot better off road than the new ones.
1999 Golf GTI ABT
2009 Suzuki Jimny, 19.9% VAG and 1300cc's of off-road goodness...

SteveC

Amarok?  sounds like a death metal band made up of brothers and cousins who grew up in the Ozarks!

NZDoug

Maybe "Foulwind" for the NZ version, keeping in tune with the "Wind" names....Scirocco, Passat, Golf etc.
HEY! HO! LETS GO!

b0000st

Amarok is a wolf aparently.  ???

Matt

Aidan

Quote from: b0000st on June 08, 2009, 08:00:56 PM
Amarok is a wolf aparently.  ???

Matt

Yep, a large mythical wolf, which hunts on it's own, rather than a normal pack wolf.
Das Auto(s): 2007 MKV GTI Manual and a random Beemer

phil

I quite like it -  tray looks pretty short though. I'd be wanting it long enough to stack a couple of bike in.

gti vr6

Quote from: omad on June 07, 2009, 10:30:00 AM
like all of the fantastic 4wd utes that they make now?? Yeah right. The Hilux is crap off road, as are most of the others... designed more for on the road. The older Hiluxs are alot better off road than the new ones.

What are you basing your Hilux opinion on? I have a late model Hilux and while it is no tractor it is perfectly capable on or off the road.
The kids and I were paddock bashing in some mud last weekend up hills and through boggy bits (road tires). We only had to select 4WD once when we lost momentum on a hill.
You wont win any 4WD events in it but for running up the west coast beaches, crossing rivers, muddy hills, launching the boat on beaches or dodgy boat ramps... Its fine.

I know a couple of pig hunters who have both the old and new Hilux. They reckon the old one is more capable off the road but the new one has a lot more power comes standard with LSD and independent suspension. The old Hilux rides like a tractor due to the fixed axle & suspension set up. I know which one I would rather have.

For serious off roading get a Suzuki Jeep or short wheel base Land Cruiser.

Amorak looks great, Dakar rally winning technology??
1986 Mk2 Scirocco
2021 T6.1 4M LWB Transporter Trendline

deeboy

Quote from: phil on June 10, 2009, 07:28:39 AM
I quite like it -  tray looks pretty short though. I'd be wanting it long enough to stack a couple of bike in.

haha my thoughts too... 8)
MK7 Golf niceness

SteveC

I imagine that they would make a 2 door long tray version as well

rambo_005

A single cab version is meant to be coming out next year, no word on cab chassis versions yet though.

VeeDub