Help Please

Started by Lunar7, August 21, 2005, 10:36:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lunar7

How do I get the front bumper off my S3 ?

I need to get a small repair done..

caught the front edge on one of those stupid concrete stops they have in carparks, car rode up over it no problem but as i reversed out it damaged it  >:( >:( >:( >:( F$%$$)!!!!! >:( >:( >:( >:( >:(

Dubious

That happened to me in my S4. When I drove back it pulled the whole bumper out  >:(

It damaged the underside of the bumper which caused it to always happen, as it sagged down underneath
15 8V S3 APR Stage 1

Lunar7

The Guy doing the repair work suggested to trim off the vertical flap that gets caught, maybe that will help ???

Got to get the thing off first, knowing quality German engineering there's bound to be a hidden bolt or some special tool needed to get it off  ??? ??? ??? ???

Pushbutton_auto

Should not be to differcult.

While check back in morning.
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

hitmanGTI

you will need torque screws it wont be much different to a mk4 golf.. all one tool should be torque screw sizes 20 and 25 it slides of etc etc

eddyg

Quote from: Lunar7 on August 21, 2005, 10:36:01 PM
How do I get the front bumper off my S3 ?

Now I know that this reads weirdly, but here are the instructions that came with my FMIC for my S3:

• Step 1: Open the bonnet.
  • Step 2: Take off? the sound deadener.
  • Step 3: Dismount the bumperskin.

- Loosen the left and right wheel housing plastic in the front outside part.
      - Take off the top screws of the bumperskin.
      - Take off the bottom clips of the bumperskin.
      - Loosen the screws on the guide profiles and push it down slightly so the paint does not get damaged.
      - For vehicles with headlight washer system (aliens) disconnect the hose at the connecting piece on the left side.
      - Take the bumper off with slight pulling to the front.

When all off it looks something like this:

And if you were to fit an FMIC whilst you had that bad boy off it would look like this:

And if you had your forebrain removed you could even think that it looked so cool without the bumper that you just leave it off all the time (or maybe that only happens in Christchurch?).

Personally I prefer it back on again:

Cheers Ed.

tempq18t

Now that is some good airflow componentry. Nice IC 8)

hitmanGTI

Quote from: tempq18t on August 30, 2005, 08:49:37 AM
Now that is some good airflow componentry. Nice IC 8)

How much was it.. i want one for my GTI :D

eddyg

Quote from: hitmanGTI on August 30, 2005, 10:40:21 AM
How much was it.. i want one for my GTI :D

Here is the one for the S3:

http://www.oct-tuning.com/shop/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=34_102_167&products_id=459

Wasn't cheap, 1,200 euro! Although I'm sure it was cheaper than that when I got it.. can't find the bill anymore. Actually it looks like the kit has been improved since I got mine. No need to chop off the low speed impact bar anymore. That could explain the increase in cost.

However for the GTI.. I'm sorry, you're not worthy. No FMIC from O.CT, I guess it's balls just aren't big enough to warrant it ;)

http://www.oct-tuning.com/shop/catalog/default.php?cPath=41_119_241_385

Although if you did their stage 5 you may start to need it ;)

Cheers, Ed.