MK4

Started by MK4GTI, August 22, 2005, 11:45:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MK4GTI

Hi guys,

I'm newer of this forum. Today I do some searching and find out this forum. I'm looking for a body kit for my car Golf IV. So anyone has any idea where I can get, and how much I will be looking for?

Thanks a lot!

hitmanGTI

Continental Car Services have bodykits for the Mk4

what king of Mk4 golf do you have?

post up a picture and some specs

otherwise places like
http://www.oemparts.co.uk

Have body kits etc etc

MK4GTI

hey, sorry if I took your usename.
Yep, I have a Golf GTI, year 2000. I haven't done anything yet. I'm saving money to get the bodykit for it. And then I get the Turbo Smart BOV, and a intercooler.

To: hitmanGTI
I think you also have a Golf GTI right? Do you have any idea about the BOV and intercooler for our car? What brand and where I can get them. Thanks

hitmanGTI

ok for one dont even go near a blow off valve on these cars.. they make them very sick

Just replace the Existing Diverter valve with a new one and put a different intake and you get the Air Rush sound similar to a Atmospheric Blow off valve...
http://www.forgemotorsport.co.uk

best Divertervalves.. you should look at getting the 007 diverter valve under the Golf Section

Two intercooler wise

look up Neuspeed they do a front mount.. ill get one when i get my turbo sorted out...

hmmm are you auckland based come to one of the drive meets... please dont tell me yours is silver ;P mine is...

MK4GTI

oh, actually I think the Turbo Smart BOV is just small likes what you say, diverter valve. It looks the same.
Yeah, I also think about the Neuspeed intercooler as well. Do you have any idea about price? When are you going to get it? Let's me know so I will save money for it as well.

My Golf is black. I live in Auckland. And yeah I would like to come to see you guys.

Very nice to know you!

hitmanGTI

Actually hold on yeah the Turbo smart one probably is a dump valve cos Foy Boy (another member) is running his turbo smart on his A4 1.8t

Um the intercooler i wont be buying untill i get a bigger turbo...

but you can probably find them on ebay 2nd hand (with all the piping clamps and hoses etc etc.. delivered to your door for about 800NZ depending where u look

Contact the User URQ20V

he has lots of parts for our cars..
or he can get them any way...

ill have to have a chat with you sometime about the must do mods just to make the car more drivable... a few of us are probably meeting this weekend.. so keep in touch it will probably be a saturday sunday morning..

MK4GTI

yeah dude, i need to talk to you. So that I know what I should do for my car.

And very bad luck that I'm working in the weekend! I will work from 8-5pm (both Sar, Sun). So maybe see you guys next time!

hitmanGTI

do you have MSN or anything like that

hell even a mobile number

Rex is the man for the hard core performance stuff ie chipping Etc

you should go now and buy a chip while he is still in the country.. he is leaving soon..

Contact him URQ20v or his mobile number is on the add at the top of the Screen 021 1095445

Most effective power gain for the money and wont blow up your car either..

but there are a few little nitty gritty things i recommend you buy as well just from personal experience of daily driving a Mk4 GTI

MK4GTI

I don't use MSN, I have only yahoo.

Yeah, my mobile number is 021387798

So you mean I can get any stuff from him?

Ok, I will contact him.

Thanks a lot dude! Hope to see you soon!