shall i get this S4?

Started by Turbo, August 23, 2005, 05:01:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Turbo

well it's all off for the first S4, the dude wants to keep it till his new car arrives in feb.

and the second S4 is more expensive than i was told.
could probably get it for around the $44 mark though. not quite the great deal as i was first lead to believe.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

Turbo

how easy is it to remove the rear spoiler from an S4?

and by easy, really i mean, how much will it cost me?
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

Filx

Quote from: Turbo SquatLo on August 31, 2005, 05:22:00 PM
how easy is it to remove the rear spoiler from an S4?

and by easy, really i mean, how much will it cost me?

Easy and free to remove - making it look nice after it's gone is what'll cost the money  ;) I'd guess if you just want to buff out any marks left by the spoiler and use some blind grommets to plug the holes in the bootlid then it'd cost nearly nothing. If you want to fill the holes and respray the boot to match then $$$, or buy a new "none spoiler'd" bootlid might be $$$$.
FAIL - First Attempt In Learning

Turbo

Quote from: Filx on August 31, 2005, 07:16:07 PM
Easy and free to remove - making it look nice after it's gone is what'll cost the money? ;) I'd guess if you just want to buff out any marks left by the spoiler and use some blind grommets to plug the holes in the bootlid then it'd cost nearly nothing. If you want to fill the holes and respray the boot to match then $$$, or buy a new "none spoiler'd" bootlid might be $$$$.

well it just so happens that i have a non spoilered boot lid ....  on my A4.
i just have to make sure i get a silver S4.
;)

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Turbo SquatLo on September 01, 2005, 09:57:03 AM

well it just so happens that i have a non spoilered boot lid ....? on my A4.
i just have to make sure i get a silver S4.
;)

Do all S4s have spoilers? I didnt think they had them standard.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Turbo

one of the one's i'm looking at does.

but i'll probably be too lazy to do anything about it, and just leave it on.

hitmanGTI

Nothing wrong with boot spoilers.. on the condition that they dont extend rediculous distances from the actuall cars body.. and that they are designed to make down force ( @ 400 KmH)

Turbo

Quote from: hitmanGTI on September 01, 2005, 12:32:50 PM
Nothing wrong with boot spoilers.. on the condition that they dont extend rediculous distances from the actuall cars body.. and that they are designed to make down force ( @ 400 KmH)

i reckon they have cleaner lines without them, especially when they're lowered. spoilers just look a bit try hard.
unless you're going 200 around corners, there's not much point in them (unless it's a TT)

SimonS2

Quote from: Turbo SquatLo on September 01, 2005, 12:48:23 PM
i reckon they have cleaner lines without them, especially when they're lowered. spoilers just look a bit try hard.
unless you're going 200 around corners, there's not much point in them (unless it's a TT)

Like this? This body kit may be a bit much, but at least the rear spoiler's removed...

[attachment deleted by admin]

SimonS2

BTW, did you check out Paul's S4?   Was he the one who bumped his price up (was surprised to hear of that)?

Turbo

Quote from: SimonS2 on September 01, 2005, 02:13:14 PM
BTW, did you check out Paul's S4?? ?Was he the one who bumped his price up (was surprised to hear of that)?

nah didn't get the chance to see his, he's taken it off the market until feb next year. until his V8 arrives. stink for me.

i'm still considering the other one, even though it costs more, is a year older ... and has a spoiler.
the guy doesn't know what chip is in it.

SimonS2

Not sure how hard it is to get ot the ECU and see what chip is in an S4.  You may want to get it on a dyno to see if there's any performance increase over stock: if not I'd suggest you go for a reduced price.

BTDT: my S2 came from a main dealer, who said it "may have an MTM chip, but can't confirm". When I finally got around to pulling out the ECU it was totally stock.

Turbo

Quote from: SimonS2 on September 01, 2005, 03:27:38 PM
Not sure how hard it is to get ot the ECU and see what chip is in an S4.? You may want to get it on a dyno to see if there's any performance increase over stock: if not I'd suggest you go for a reduced price.

BTDT: my S2 came from a main dealer, who said it "may have an MTM chip, but can't confirm". When I finally got around to pulling out the ECU it was totally stock.

he was told it was around 300hp. but yeah, you never know what's in there.
he did say it was the previous owner who had it done, so there might be a receipt somewhere.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: Turbo SquatLo on September 01, 2005, 04:04:35 PM
he was told it was around 300hp. but yeah, you never know what's in there.
he did say it was the previous owner who had it done, so there might be a receipt somewhere.

Check out the ownership papers and call the last owner and ask him.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

Turbo

i've found another one in chch.
2000, 98km  :-\
$38.5k

really seems they're dropping in price.
hopefully not much further if i get one....

hate to think what my a4 is worth now, seen quite a few standard one's for under 20k.  :(

hitmanGTI

this is not supposed to sound like a wanker comment.. but if your willing to spend (i wont say invest) money on a car (any car for that matter (unless its super special) ) u should be prepared to know what its worth..

People that buy a car and refuse to put kilometers on it cos it will affect the resale value.. shouldnt have bought the car in the first place.. they should be riding a bike.. or driving a honda 1970 honda city

Dubious

Quote from: hitmanGTI on September 10, 2005, 04:21:22 AM
or driving a honda 1970 honda city

I believe the City came out in 1981   ;D
15 8V S3 APR Stage 1

Turbo

Quote from: hitmanGTI on September 10, 2005, 04:21:22 AM
this is not supposed to sound like a wanker comment.. but if your willing to spend (i wont say invest) money on a car (any car for that matter (unless its super special) ) u should be prepared to know what its worth..

i don't understand what you mean by " u should be prepared to know what its worth.."

a second hand car is only worth what someone is willing to pay for it.

hitmanGTI

Sorry i wrote that comment whilst v v tiered last night.. any way just disregard it its off topic..

i was just saying you buy a car to drive it not to have it devalue as little as possible..

completly irrelevant. but people like my old man who carry on about keeping KMs down and how Manual Transmissions are impractical and apparently lower resale value should consider not buying a car at all, because buying the car is the biggest reduction in resale value

... not saying this applies to you at all

i just felt like saying it  ;D