Allroad fuel pump

Started by Hoff, July 02, 2009, 06:38:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hoff

Hey guys our allroad has fuel pump has decided to die on us, ive been quoted 1200 for a new one and it wont be here for two weeks, so now im looking for a cheaper one that can be here sooner. Any ideas? i've looked on auto haus but i cant find anything and i cant seem to find the part number.
1985 Mk2 Golf GTI
1900 High comp race engine, Advanti magswrapped in F1's,Nardi wheel,Samco Coolant Hoses,KW Varient 2 Coilovers,OMP front strut brace,256mm brake upgrade
Mk1 Golf Project
MK2 Project

qta4

Is this petrol or diesel, intank, or external.?
Skill is, sucessfully tightrope walking across the Niagra Falls.
Intelligence is, having the sense not to do it.

Hoff

Sorry its a 2001 2.5 tdi and its the external one
1985 Mk2 Golf GTI
1900 High comp race engine, Advanti magswrapped in F1's,Nardi wheel,Samco Coolant Hoses,KW Varient 2 Coilovers,OMP front strut brace,256mm brake upgrade
Mk1 Golf Project
MK2 Project

wilco

Nick which pump are you referring to?  The supply pump from tank or the high pressure pump bolted to the engine, the injector pump as such?
I have an injector pump for that motor in perfect order.
S.

Hoff

i origionaly thort it was the injector pump but it is the intank one apparently and they are ex germany, its going on a vag com tomorrow so ill know for definate then. cheers wilco if it is the injector pump ill def take it, ill keep ypu posted. also can any one give me both part numbers as i cant find one for the 2.5tdi on the vag cat website.
1985 Mk2 Golf GTI
Mk1 Golf Project
MK2 Project