A quattro's paradise.

Started by GlenT, August 20, 2005, 06:48:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GlenT

Up at Coronet Peak ski field.

[attachment deleted by admin]

GlenT

Remember...White snow Good, Yellow snow BAD!

bsting

no keas up there ripping at the window rubber ;D your urq looks wicked ;D

hitmanGTI

I saw a black urq today like rexes but different mags.. and it lives next door to my old house.. which is about 50 metres away from my new one...

i like the camoflage effect you have going on!

GlenT

No Kea's. My wifes old car had been be-friended by some once. Not down here though.
Here's a shot of a stretch of road between Queenstown and Glenorcy. The best around, moutains on the right and on the left just through those trees is lake Wakatipu.

RS ZWEI

Where did you get your urq from Glen?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

GlenT

Magnum Prestige in Christchurch. Used to belong to Phillip Mills.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: GlenT on August 21, 2005, 10:08:36 PM
Magnum Prestige in Christchurch. Used to belong to Phillip Mills.

It looks alot like a mate of mines old car (a North Island car), it use to have a P/plate, [  A  ]
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

GlenT

It originaly came from Auckland new in '87.  I've had her for about 5 1/2 years and she would have been in Chch for a number of years.
What is your friends name? as I have the history in front of me now.

RS ZWEI

Quote from: GlenT on August 21, 2005, 10:25:16 PM
It originaly came from Auckland new in '87.? I've had her for about 5 1/2 years and she would have been in Chch for a number of years.
What is your friends name? as I have the history in front of me now.

Alan Styles was one of the 2 owners here in HB, Rod Murray the second.

Aland had the plate [  A  ]

Rod had the plate [DADDYS]
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

hitmanGTI

Quote from: GlenT on August 20, 2005, 06:56:45 PM
Remember...White snow Good, Yellow snow BAD!

may sound boyish but i am still young and stupid..

does it do good helis?

Wish my car could do helis... *sigh*

it cant do bugger all...

GlenT

No, none of those people owned my car.
I imagine it would do great heli's, but thats not my style.

Duncan

True story on the 'camouflage effect'...

Snowboarding at Whakapapa, knocked myself out, and when I came around, I was in hospital. Folks came down to pick me up and take me home. Pearl Coupe GT was in carpark at Whakapapa, they drove straight past it and came back telling me it wasn't there. They later blamed the poor lighting when they went back and found it right where I'd told them...!

Classic!

colingrant

Sure beats playing with C/F and sticky resin Glen!!

GlenT

Hi Colin,
As much as I enjoy my work, it's fabulous to get away for the weekend for sure.
Planning another trip over there soon to. We usually stay with relatives in Arrowtown, its so quite and relaxing.
I actually delaminated my front right tyre on that trip, bugger!
On the way back from the ski field I noticed the steering wheel wobbling at slow speed on very slight left hand corners (about 50kph) jacked up the car and checked everthing out when I got back to Arrowtown, but no sign of anything amiss...
Got back to Dunnas and it was slightly worse. It was very odd as there was no problem on the motorway, just when I slowed to below 50kph and turned ever so slightly to the left.
Swapped the wheels front to back one side at a time and the problem vannished when I did the right side. Spoke to a chap who knows his elbow from his bum and told me thats classic delamination. Thats what happens when you drive on wicked roads with new brakes to play with. ;D

colingrant

Hi Glen
Glad you enjoy your work. In a previous life I worked laying glass boats and its not all fun. I bet there was hours of work in the plug for the radiator shroud. I had a good look at your urq when it was in Magnum Prestige.Really nice and with leather if I remenber right. At the time I had just bought a business and couldn't quite manage to buy it. Your luck! Still you're from Dunedin so thats OK. Me too.
Cheers

GlenT

Yes, I imagine laying up glass boats was a bit on the smelly side. I don't use much polyester resin though (only for some moulds) as pretty much all my parts are made from vacuum bagged epoxy so no smelly toxic styrene.
If you thought there was hours in the pattern for the Ur shroud then you don't want to know how long it took me to make the RS2 pattern. The other patterns and moulds for the Ur kit put together would probably have taken me about 8 or so weeks.
When I bought the car from Magnum she actually needed some work ie, most of the bushes including engine mounts.
At some point I want to get the wheels resprayed, they don't absolutely need it but you know how it is, there's a couple of little marks that just annoy the hell out of me.
Anyway, I've first got to decide on what tyres to go for. Plus some bits and bobs for my wifes 80 Avant.

Period_Correct_

Quote from: hitmanGTI on August 22, 2005, 07:30:46 AM
may sound boyish but i am still young and stupid..

does it do good helis?

Wish my car could do helis... *sigh*

it cant do bugger all...

try donuting in reverse...
1971 Porsche 911T | 1990 Audi Quattro Turbo | 2003 Audi RS6 Avant | 2009 Renault Megane R26

hitmanGTI

Quote from: NasTnaS on August 26, 2005, 09:23:01 AM
try donuting in reverse...

or stop trying at all in stupid Front wheel drives and get a Rear Wheel Drive!!!