Looking to buy this RS4! Your input greatly appreciated!

Started by weta.worker, September 05, 2009, 08:37:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

beeker

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on September 06, 2009, 10:40:04 AM
I know of 4 Nogaro Blue B5 RS4's, one of which is deregistered (ex Own Evans car). I know of 36 B5 RS4's in NZ.

36 sounds like the high end.

I heard 28>32 cars, plus 4x demos. no more,
14 RS6 Avant Black
23 RS6 Performance avant on order
17 Q7 S Line 200kw
93 E36 M3 Targa Car
01 Porsche Boxster Series Race Car
17 Porsche 991.2 GT3 clubsport
94 DC2 Integra Targa/Track Race Car
13 TR86 race car
2018 Highlander
2017 Outback

weta.worker

thanks for all your feedback guys.

So what do you think?

What's the market like for these cars at the mo?  How much should I pay for this thing (ball park)?

I told him I didn't really want to spend more than 45K (and that is including the $2500 warranty, so 42500.)  He's going to have a think about his bottom line and get back to me.

If the current owner and I agreed on a price is there anyone with loads of RS4 experience who could take it for a spin \ check over?

I'd get CC to have a look of course but I'm trying to get as much expert opinion as possible.

1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

weta.worker

Quote from: HaNs on September 06, 2009, 10:06:04 AM
I can sort you out with top of the line laser jamming gear + radar detector for less  ;)

Try CCS for the check

what sort of laser jammer and radar detector would you recommend?  As I've said, I only know the Valentine 1 and that seemed pretty sweet!

:D
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

HaNs

Quote from: weta.worker on September 06, 2009, 04:24:47 PM
what sort of laser jammer and radar detector would you recommend?  As I've said, I only know the Valentine 1 and that seemed pretty sweet!

Will pm you with my thoughts.

le mans

Quote from: weta.worker on September 06, 2009, 04:22:48 PM
thanks for all your feedback guys.

So what do you think?

What's the market like for these cars at the mo?  How much should I pay for this thing (ball park)?

I told him I didn't really want to spend more than 45K (and that is including the $2500 warranty, so 42500.)  He's going to have a think about his bottom line and get back to me.

If the current owner and I agreed on a price is there anyone with loads of RS4 experience who could take it for a spin \ check over?

I'd get CC to have a look of course but I'm trying to get as much expert opinion as possible.

Market value is what would be agreed between a willing seller and a willing buyer. You can only answer the question by knowing how much you want to buy this car and how much the seller wants to sell it. That's where the negotiating comes in! He may be willing to wait for a better offer, but then you may be willing to wait for another car. If you are going to change back to OEM wheels factor this in to your equation. Almost none of the replicas on the market will fit. The OEM wheels are ET20. Almost all replicas are ET35. OEM wheels will be $$$.

weta.worker

Quote from: le mans on September 07, 2009, 10:50:28 AM
Market value is what would be agreed between a willing seller and a willing buyer. You can only answer the question by knowing how much you want to buy this car and how much the seller wants to sell it. That's where the negotiating comes in! He may be willing to wait for a better offer, but then you may be willing to wait for another car. If you are going to change back to OEM wheels factor this in to your equation. Almost none of the replicas on the market will fit. The OEM wheels are ET20. Almost all replicas are ET35. OEM wheels will be $$$.

sorry, I'm new to this game.  what does 'ET' mean?  Is it a stud pattern or something similar?

I was looking at these

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=239959513

thanks!
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

RS ZWEI

Quote from: weta.worker on September 07, 2009, 11:01:08 AM
sorry, I'm new to this game.  what does 'ET' mean?  Is it a stud pattern or something similar?

I was looking at these

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=239959513

thanks!

ET is offset.
The offset of the wheels in your link are +38.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

weta.worker

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on September 07, 2009, 11:11:16 AM
ET is offset.
The offset of the wheels in your link are +38.

ahh, thanks, so does this mean they will stick to far out or go too far in?

I emailed the trademe guy and asked if they will fit and at full lock.  he said they would?

1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

weta.worker

Quote from: weta.worker on September 07, 2009, 11:19:03 AM
ahh, thanks, so does this mean they will stick to far out or go too far in?

I emailed the trademe guy and asked if they will fit and at full lock.  he said they would?

actually, using the all knowing Interweb I've found this

http://www.matey-matey.com/alloy-wheels.shtml

what problems will I see with a greater offset?  I'm assuming they are still balanced from the centre so will it means my wheels will stick out?
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

RS ZWEI

Quote from: weta.worker on September 07, 2009, 11:21:41 AM
actually, using the all knowing Interweb I've found this

http://www.matey-matey.com/alloy-wheels.shtml

what problems will I see with a greater offset?  I'm assuming they are still balanced from the centre so will it means my wheels will stick out?

Did you read this link?

http://www.matey-matey.com/alloy-wheels.shtml#4

Basically the higher the ET (offset) the more the wheels sit in towards the center of the car, so you have the likelyhood that the inside of the rim/tyre could rub on the suspension.
1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

RS ZWEI

1995 Audi RS2
2005 Mini Cooper S

weta.worker

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on September 07, 2009, 11:30:22 AM
Did you read this link?

http://www.matey-matey.com/alloy-wheels.shtml#4

Basically the higher the ET (offset) the more the wheels sit in towards the center of the car, so you have the likelyhood that the inside of the rim/tyre could rub on the suspension.

ahh, thanks, for some reason I thought it meant the opposite - higher et meant wheels going outwards but that's me being dumb!

so what can you do to combat this?  wheel spaces?  or is it not recommended? 
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

Crockett

Quote from: beeker on September 06, 2009, 07:41:30 AM
I also own a nogaro blue RS4 2001. Had it for ~6 years. To the best of my knowledge, there is about 4x nogo's in NZ.

IIRC Jonah Lomu owned a nogaro blue one from new.
A BMW owner, but have in the past had some nice VAG!

weta.worker

Quote from: Crockett on September 07, 2009, 11:48:17 AM
IIRC Jonah Lomu owned a nogaro blue one from new.

this is the one that jonah owned , but he didn't own it from new (all but '9,199km')

1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

weta.worker

1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

Turbo

blinders are one of the top rated jammers and bels are one of the top rated detectors (i have both - see sig)
detector works a charm, blinder has yet to be challenged (had for over a year) so can't comment.
2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

le mans

The RS4 has flared wheel arches and large brakes, so the wheel fitment is different to all other A4's and S4's. Pretty much all aftermarket wheels are designed to fit A4's and S4's, not the RS model. Spacers might work, for example if you spaced those wheels on trademe with 20mm spacers the ET would become 18, which would be about right. But spacers technically need a cert, although I think many people run them without certs. May invalidate your insurance though. Lots to consider eh. That's why waiting for a car with the OEM wheels to come on the market might be easier.

Edit: One final thing about those wheels on tradme, they probably will not look the same as B7 RS4 OEM's. The OEM's have a very nice, deep concave shape to them, the replicas generally don't.

weta.worker

Quote from: le mans on September 07, 2009, 01:06:20 PM
The RS4 has flared wheel arches and large brakes, so the wheel fitment is different to all other A4's and S4's. Pretty much all aftermarket wheels are designed to fit A4's and S4's, not the RS model. Spacers might work, for example if you spaced those wheels on trademe with 20mm spacers the ET would become 18, which would be about right. But spacers technically need a cert, although I think many people run them without certs. May invalidate your insurance though. Lots to consider eh. That's why waiting for a car with the OEM wheels to come on the market might be easier.

Edit: One final thing about those wheels on tradme, they probably will not look the same as B7 RS4 OEM's. The OEM's have a very nice, deep concave shape to them, the replicas generally don't.

good point!  thanks so much!

I'll talk to the current owner and see how he's done it as well (spacers or correct spaced mags - he said they are made for audi's so I'd think correct spacing)

1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

weta.worker

wow...$825 US a wheel

http://oemplus.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=31_97&products_id=314

1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

weta.worker

These look a little more palatable

http://www.finishlinewheels.com/specials/14,AUDI/295,Audi+B7+RS4+Euro+Wheels++(19x8)/
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE