Do we live in a Police state......

Started by dubstar, January 08, 2005, 12:20:35 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

dubstar

The topic regarding Western Springs speedway has been shut down for a second time.? Why?
It was an intelligent discussion about a car related topic.? Just because there is disagreement, does not mean there is animosity!? I think everyone who responded to those topics were well behaved and the general concensus was that we all have our own opinions, but that's the way it should be!!

Free speech for all!
"I am so clever that sometimes I don't understand a single word of what I am saying."

likegolf88

bsting

WS pros & cons prob been done to death.
Admin created new VASK & as such set the terms for its use.
Pity those that had an opinion couldnt post it - after cut off point tho.

R well sh.

likegolf88

no matter, it's good to have a NZ euro car forum. :D

orggti

new things are developing all the time as far as WS goes. I personally think its lame locking it. what can happen? a punch up next track day? come on.

OOOO

OK boys settle down...Daddy wants to say some things   :police:

First of all I must express my disappointment in the use of language like "Nazi" ... IMO it is uneccessary in the car oriented environment with which we communicate our common interest in VAG cars.  This forum is viewable throughout the world and with that comes responsibility for what we show on this site...yada yada...read the registration agreement.  It is not in the spirit of VASK and the effort we have made to resurrect things.

With regards to Western Springs it seemed that the topic was heading nowhere but into a shouting match.  Members seemed unable to have their say and and be done with it.  There seemed to be little respect for other's opinions if they differed from their own. They just had to keep coming back to contribute needlessly to a topic going down the toilet.  To be honest I haven't read all of it as interest was lost early on and may have been a result of the same topic degradation on the previous incarnation of this Forum.

Rex and I have the role as moderators and administrators for this site to try and keep things on an even keel.  We will not please everybody all of the time with some of our actions.  Personally I am not a fan of politically charged topics (apart from policing of our roads) but will tolerate it on this site up to an extent.  If you want to rant and rave about political and controversial (...emotional) topics then please keep it sensible, polite and concise.  It is preferable that you keep it to yourself and we talk about more interesting things like why my engine light keeps coming on on deacceleration...

Please don't take offense anyone as all members of this Forum are valued but all sandpits must have rules.
2014 Audi A8 4.2TDI
2013 VW Golf 2.0TDI
2009 Audi A3 quattro

orggti

(quote) With regards to Western Springs it seemed that the topic was heading nowhere but into a shouting match.  Members seemed unable to have their say and and be done with it.  There seemed to be little respect for other's opinions if they differed from their own. They just had to keep coming back to contribute needlessly to a topic going down the toilet.  To be honest I haven't read all of it as interest was lost early on and may have been a result of the same topic degradation on the previous incarnation of this Forum. (quote)

I dont think it was like that at all.
  Ok Nazi might have been the wrong word but only just, In my opinion it was locked both times way way before things got anywhere near out of hand. It is also one of the more topical and interesting subjects that is car related happening at the moment.  We have topics lists for all things like your light coming on and whos polished there what, AND we have general car related disscusions as a topic. If we cant agree to let a topic run with differing opinions then whats the point? There was no threats or swearing. If anybody was getting really upset i think its them that needs looking into, not the forum.
To be honest if we cant let a topic like this run were going to look churlish and childish to our wider international audience. People need to have there say, tell there jokes and be able to comunicate in there own styles. OR its a police site.   

Pushbutton_auto

Yes well, nazi was definitely the wrong word to use, especially in regard to our beautiful german car site, but the answer to the question is we live in a very controlled society and the administrators do have full control over whats said and ultimately published on this site. Read said rules. That said, the title of the forum does say " Feel free to talk about anything and everything in this board with a preference to car related items". And for my two cents, we stopped going to speedway when we found it was more fun to drive around ourselves than pay to see someone else.
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

SamEEE

Personally im not sure how you could make the connection
The Nazis were a pack of fascist murderers.

The speedway was great but think of all the people living around it- I know they chose to live there but it would be horrible to hear the noise of midgets all night

orggti

Lets not get stuck on a beat up of dubstar for saying nazi, he was just being jokey about our cars coming from that origin.