What did you do to your VAG today?

Started by Vag_Hag, September 20, 2009, 03:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

goldb51.8T

RS ZWEI

Quote from: goldb51.8T on September 21, 2009, 12:26:47 AM
thanks nik they look very profesional

No worries, Shane and Cath (owners) are very nice people and are nuts on cars and motorsport.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

86gte

Removed boot seal and rear lights, fish oiled up behind them and replacing with new lights and seal, Replaced rear left door handle, and stood looking at it for a while... decided i need more time in life.

I now have boxes and boxes of stuff to put onto the 90 from the other 90 that I just stripped - just need the time to do it!

vag_nutter

Did nothing on the golf, spent most of the day trying to get this damning 100 to run >:(

Pushbutton_auto

Looked at both of them longingly....    :-\
Beating up parking wardens ain't a crime.

rambo_005

Found out what that annoying rattle is... now to fix it 8)

anglia4

(yesterday) paid for my coil pack, also picked up some standard rear struts and a tow bar  ;D

AndyGti

watched it in the rain sitting sadly on axle stands (probably filling with water)

vag_nutter

Quote from: AndyGti on September 24, 2009, 04:36:02 PM
watched it in the rain sitting sadly on axle stands (probably filling with water)

Same, sucks not having a big enough shed for all the cars

qta4

Fitted new rear disc pads, and also halved the pad area with a grinder, should be good now.
Skill is, sucessfully tightrope walking across the Niagra Falls.
Intelligence is, having the sense not to do it.

AndyGti

Quote from: vag_nutter on September 24, 2009, 05:01:44 PM
Same, sucks not having a big enough shed for all the cars
when you have a sand rail and a beetle in the shed its deffo hard to fit a golf aswell :(

5-pot

removed a few more bolts and screws to get at the jumble of wiring behind the dash and looked at some G60s wondering what they would look like on the Cq...

But on a non-vag note, prepared a rear caliper carrier and guide pin to be installed in the Bighorn...
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

anglia4

haha how to make your mk3 look like S**T!!

this is how it looked before:

and now:

put standard springs in the rear for wof, but still low in the front. looks terrible!! i'll have to get a photo tomorrow when i get it out of the shed of the whole car

gti vr6

cut and polished my gloss black roof, well the painter did  :)
1986 Mk2 Scirocco
2021 T6.1 4M LWB Transporter Trendline

Vag_Hag

26-09-09

Well I've been busy with work and this will be my last installment until my boxes from the UK turn up.

This morning at the tyre shop the good tyres finally came off my old ROH Reflexes.

The snow tyres on my new estorils have come off to make way for my good tyres and the result is what you see down below.

Looks great with the OEM wheels and I can't wait to fit my bilsteins I got from Cynic's parts corrado, I aim to do the shocks later this year. Have to email UK VW regarding R32/TT bushes to replace my old 19 year old ones.

Next job I removed the battery and removed some rust from the battery support bulkhead with wire brush and treated with rust inhibitor. It's another thing I'll have to mention to the panel shop when the time comes, so yeah more $$ gone.

Next weekend I'll probably clean my Bilsteins and give them a lick of yellow.

Adios amigos
Current weapon of choice: B5 Passat Tdi
Corrado 16V - RIP
2008 Seat Ibiza 1.9 Tdi Sport (UK)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.9 Tdi (UK)

shearer

Quote from: anglia4 on September 24, 2009, 09:27:58 PM
haha how to make your mk3 look like S**T!!

this is how it looked before:

and now:

put standard springs in the rear for wof, but still low in the front. looks terrible!! i'll have to get a photo tomorrow when i get it out of the shed of the whole car

you change springs just for a WOF, and then swap right back so its illegal again? hmm

anglia4

im going to try and make the lower springs legal soon. im going to drive it with these standard ones that i picked up the other day until then.
Before now i had no idea it was illegal

deedub

1983 T25 Microbus - keep forever, never finish
1988 mk2 Golf 2L 16v - work in progress

anglia4

you mean how much play in the springs? about an inch!!  :o

shearer

Quote from: anglia4 on September 26, 2009, 04:30:40 PM
im going to try and make the lower springs legal soon. im going to drive it with these standard ones that i picked up the other day until then.
Before now i had no idea it was illegal

oops my bad, i figured the reason you took the lowered springs out for a WOF was because it wasn't legal with them?