What did you do to your VAG today?

Started by Vag_Hag, September 20, 2009, 03:41:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Poonmobile

Current:
06 NZ B7 RS4 Avus Silver, 01 NZ B5 RS4 Avus Silver, 93 NZ VR6 Tornado Red 3dr, Renault Clio 172 & Renault Clio 197
Past:
MK2 VR6, MK5 GTI, 2 x MK5 R32, 8L S3 Imola, MK4 Golf V6 4MO, Polo GTI, 2x MK3 VR6, D2 S8, B5 S4 Avant, 03 NZ R32 Deep Blue Pearl, Renault Megane R26 liquid yello

DAPPR

Fizz

DAPPR

A few more?

curts

This is looking fresh. How is that CTS intake treating you?
2009 MK5 Pirelli Golf GTI
2007 MK5 Golf R32

Naekyr

Spent about 12 hours detailing over 3 days on my GTI

Washing every inch, claybarring the paint and glass, polishing the paint and headlamps and applying ceramic long term protection coatings to the paint, trim and glass exterior, washed the interior seats and carpet, gave it a good vacuum and applied some interior protectants after cleaning

Paint looks much darker and a bit more shiny now too, the ceramic coatings are amazing - water beading is fantastic and makes it so easy for the car to "self clean"

All the performance mods I wanted are now done and the exterior is protected and looks amazing, last couple touches I may add are the badges - I'm thinking of blacking out the two VW badges and replacing the GTI badges with red ones - whats the best way to black out the badges?

FFS

I found and removed a wad of about 20 thin plastic bags off the engine, like supermarket bags, which a rat had dragged in from somewhere and built a nest between the motor and radiator. I saw a rat run away from the car when I backed out of the garage several days ago, but thought little of it "Will ya look at that, there goes a rat" then chucked rat poison through the garage and main house. Then yesterday 20 km fom home when I started the car up a rat ran from under my car again, and beelined to a nearby parked car and disappeared up into it via a front wheel. Twice didn't seem much like a coincidence, so I looked under the bonnet and found all the plastic wadding it had brought in. I feared finding a whole lot of plastic and rubber gnawed up but so far all seems ok.

DAPPR

Quote from: curts on July 24, 2017, 09:18:42 AM
This is looking fresh. How is that CTS intake treating you?
Thanks, very happy with it.
Sounds fantastic haha

brian

Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

wilco

Quote from: FFS on July 24, 2017, 10:50:57 PM
I found and removed a wad of about 20 thin plastic bags off the engine, like supermarket bags, which a rat had dragged in from somewhere and built a nest between the motor and radiator. I saw a rat run away from the car when I backed out of the garage several days ago, but thought little of it "Will ya look at that, there goes a rat" then chucked rat poison through the garage and main house. Then yesterday 20 km fom home when I started the car up a rat ran from under my car again, and beelined to a nearby parked car and disappeared up into it via a front wheel. Twice didn't seem much like a coincidence, so I looked under the bonnet and found all the plastic wadding it had brought in. I feared finding a whole lot of plastic and rubber gnawed up but so far all seems ok.

What is it about rats and old quattros?  (presume this was the UR as it was in a garage?) :)

FFS

Yep, the one you did the cambelt on, Wilco. I suppose this run of rubbish weather and parking the car warm recently has enticed the rat into the engine bay.  In any case it doesn't appear brand loyal, and it jumped straight from a euro into a jap. At least it's 20km away now, I expect, trying to figure what on earth happened.

schattenblau

what's the homing instinct of rats like ?   :laugh:

had a quick blast back from welly late last night.
from shannon i was followed by a car with xenons, it was happy to keep pace.
back in palmy saw it was a silver mk5 r32.

;D

FFS

Quote from: schattenblau on July 26, 2017, 02:07:16 PM
what's the homing instinct of rats like ?   :laugh:

;D

I don't know, but thanks for that thought...!

slowburn

all the ice at 5am

99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

The Red Warrior

Well, not today. More like a couple months ago. But since Photogate I hadn't got round to posting it.
Changed one of my Mk5 keys to the Mk7 style keys. I bought all the parts to do both my keys, but it is noticeably bigger, so thought I'd just try one for the time being. I'm still using it and am used to it now but don't see any reason to do the other key. The harder part to get used to is that the key blade is a quarter turn different to the original meaning that to turn on the ignition didn't feel natural, but again I'm used to it now.

kiwihigh

BUILT not bought

FFS

Got a digital dash instrument cluster from the UK, arrived yesterday, for my daughters urq. She's a good girl, has been working hard at her first job and putting money aside each week into her "Audi" account, to save the funds to get the car back on the road. Mind you, the account was half-slaughtered from the digidash purchase alone! The saving continues.

The digidash was missing the bulb for the ABS light so I went to Hamilton today and got a replacement and a spare (that part was my shout).

And I did nothing to my VAG today, but a couple of weeks ago took it for a day run to Mt Ruapehu.

slowburn

is that a first car or did she upgrade? nice car
99 B5 S4 Avant
85 coupe quattro
72 fiat 124 coupe
97 corolla wagon

DAPPR

Machine polished every square inch of her 8)