wtb gt coupe 1987

Started by Benni.B, October 10, 2009, 06:57:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Benni.B

hi does any one now where i can find a audi gt coupe,its for my girlfriend she saw a bright yellow one on trademe but was too late and  someone bought it before we could get a chance.and is that a fair price for one?

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=241399275

thanks.
1986 tornado red 3dr mk2
1999 b5 a4 quattro

vag_nutter

That yellow one is an over priced pos

Benni.B

i dont realy know what im looking for as im new to this forum, but yeh she loves the look of the audi so if you have any advice on what we should buy or look for that would be much appreciated.

thanks.
1986 tornado red 3dr mk2
1999 b5 a4 quattro

vag_nutter

Look for a typ85 model, the have nicer interior, big bumpers, raised spoiler and smoked rear lights, Pretty hard to find really tidy ones now, and do not buy an auto

Benni.B

nah thats not a problem never have driven an auto never will, but how hard are these to find because the sooner the beter really right now were driving a 1994 toyota celica and its just not a very good car at all. so need a replacement desperatly and ive heard that theres no more reliable car than a audi or vw.

Cheers.
1986 tornado red 3dr mk2
1999 b5 a4 quattro

vag_nutter

They are not s very common car, not many have been for sale latley,

choppy16v

i think that yellow one looks all good for the money.would look wicked on black wheels.
just wait for interior and trim to come along,it always does.

vag_nutter

Quote from: choppy16v on October 10, 2009, 07:20:35 PM
i think that yellow one looks all good for the money.would look wicked on black wheels.
just wait for interior and trim to come along,it allways does.

They have done a crap job of painting it, they didnt even do the engine bay ::)

GroupbA2rob

What are you wanting to spend to get into a coupe?

Benni.B

not too sure really,2-4k would be nice but more if i have too.
1986 tornado red 3dr mk2
1999 b5 a4 quattro

td19

Quote from: Benni.B on October 10, 2009, 07:07:07 PM
i dont realy know what im looking for as im new to this forum, but yeh she loves the look of the audi so if you have any advice on what we should buy or look for that would be much appreciated.

thanks.
You would struggle to find one that has done less than 200k km, rust can be a serious, difficult to detect problem, and parts are becoming ever harder to find ... speaking as an owner who had thoroughly enjoyed using one as the daily driver over the past 13 years!

vag_nutter

Out of the last 10 coupes that dad has had the only rust in a couple of them was on the lower left corner of the a pillar and around the door hinges, allot of them have done high ks but you get the odd one thats hasnt done much, the k's arent really an issue wuth these cars, the engine and gearbox are bullet proof. There are alot of parts that are nla so try and find a mint one

GTI's

I know where a nice black one has been sitting in a shed for 3 years.
I'll leave a note on it asking if it's for sale.

Benni.B

thanks gti's that would be great,and even if these parts are hard to find i dont mind putting in the effort to restore a car especially if its giong to make the car last another lifetime.
1986 tornado red 3dr mk2
1999 b5 a4 quattro

vag_nutter

Benni.B

do you have any nice pics of one i cant find any good ones on google?

thanks
1986 tornado red 3dr mk2
1999 b5 a4 quattro

vag_nutter

Ive got a white 1990, 2.3 5cyl, manual coupe for sale

Benni.B

cool,thanks
i like the look of the car but the misses was more into the old style square look,but this is a good option to have.

thanks alot vag_nutter
1986 tornado red 3dr mk2
1999 b5 a4 quattro

Benni.B

and what kind of price we lookin at aswell
1986 tornado red 3dr mk2
1999 b5 a4 quattro

vag_nutter

Quote from: Benni.B on October 11, 2009, 10:14:05 PM
and what kind of price we lookin at aswell

For the typ89 coupe? Around $2500 for a nice one