UR Quattro rebuild project

Started by onthebogalot, November 19, 2009, 09:51:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

onthebogalot

Hi all

Well the UR made it on the chassis machine today at Jordon panelbeaters will post some progress pics soon.
86 WR Quattro

RS ZWEI

Quote from: onthebogalot on March 12, 2010, 09:39:35 PM
Hi all

Well the UR made it on the chassis machine today at Jordon panelbeaters will post some progress pics soon.

Good to hear!
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

rambo_005

Look forward to seeing progress 8)

BB

The end is nigh, but the end of what is the question?

mark c

Excellent. Can't wait to see the pics. Garage has never looked quite the same. Been tempted by the MB thats been on TradeMe but it ain't red!

onthebogalot

Hi can any one help with a pair of gearbox mounts the aluminum ones that bolt to the gearbox, are they the same as a 100 or 200?
If any one can help give us a call/text  021884208
Cheers Martyn
86 WR Quattro

wilco

Yeah mate I have a complete 100CS quattro drivetrain lying around.  Mounts incl.  I'll txt as well.

Mike

Great news, am following with interest.

BB

Martin is a good friend who I never get to see any more :-[
We used to chat on the ph, were old Wiaheke pals so there's plenty to laugh about >:D

I wish he would get it together to show us what he's up to :) Tho I can't talk...well I can but Im as hopeless with the pics as he is.

Maybe I should do some and help him out with some too. 

onthebogalot

Well it's been awhile but we are under way, chassis is straight and the engineer is happy (wife is not) should have back with me in a couple of weeks with the engine bay painted, then I will save some money to do the next stage Greg and the team are doing a great job at Jordan panelbeaters.

86 WR Quattro

5-pot

Sweet, that's good news about the car eh!  Don't worry, I'm sure the wife will forgive you...  Hope that motor is going to come in handy.
?The bravest are surely those who have the clearest vision of what is before them, glory and danger alike, and yet notwithstanding, go out to meet it.? - Thucydides (Ancient Greek historian and author, 460-404bc)

- 1990 Coupe quattro - R.I.P.
- 1988 90 quattro project... Sold
- 2005 Golf 2.0 TDI

onthebogalot

Sure will here are some more
86 WR Quattro

RS ZWEI

Looking good. Pat on your back for saving it :)

Any idea when it should be finished and on the road?

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

onthebogalot

I would like to say Christmas but I will see how we go, I have to sell a couple of my cars.
86 WR Quattro

John Stone

Great stuff Martin, the progress is gobsmacking. A thought that came to mind is that checking the rack at this stage would be prudent...
And with the headlights, Pete Reeve at Quattro Corner should be able to supply reflectors if you need 'em.
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

onthebogalot

Thanks John
I have a set of head light that I have rebuilt with re silvered reflectors as for the rack yes it will come out before the motor goes back in.
I was really happy how well the rail and inner guard came out.
86 WR Quattro

John Stone

Quote from: onthebogalot on May 20, 2010, 01:22:29 PM
I was really happy how well the rail and inner guard came out.
I'd be dancing a jig - thats flippin amazing.
86 WR
04 A3
05 V50T5

GTI's

GroupbA2rob

Hi Martin,

Mate haven't been on VASK for a really long time, but good chatting with you today.

Look forward to hearing from you regarding the spoiler as discussed.

The UR is looking great, good on you!

Cheers Rob

BB

Jordan panel beaters are frickin amazing. They do the best paint jobs you can imagine. The scooter guys get them to paint the Vespa bodies and they all just can't believe how good they come out.
I have a scooter frame being painted in their at the moment.
It can take a while as they are busy. It mite be done now tho and its just me with no money not going to see if it is :P

Martin I may have a spot light or two you can have.