Diagnostic codes ??

Started by dj thumpa, September 27, 2005, 10:36:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

dj thumpa

Hello all, Im a new '98 A4 QT owner and very stoked? ;D
Have been browsing the net a wee bit and came across this
on ebay: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/AUDI-TT-A3-A4-A6-A8-S3-S4-SECRET-DIAGNOSTIC-CODES_W0QQitemZ5617781088QQcategoryZ47103QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

Has anyone ever heard of this before; getting diagnostic read-outs on yer
climate control sceen. Sounds pretty sick if it actually works???

tempq18t

Yeah, there was a thread a while ago on this topic, I printed them all off and had a look. you can access things but not sure just what it is meant to tell you as it is just that, codes :-\

dj thumpa

Were they anything like the ones listed on this website:
http://www.bentleypublishers.com/tech/audi/audi.dtc.table.htm

If so, then theres not a hell of a lot of fun in getting that going huh. Maybe useful if DIY tuning..

tempq18t

Nah, different to that. Will try to find the old thread that had the link - or someone else will remember it and throw it at ya when they log in and read this

Turbo

i tried it form that old thread, i couldn't get my road speed one going, everything else seemed to work though.

2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

dj thumpa

Cool, well would be keen to give it a whirl if the old thread turns up? ;)

Turbo

2000 S4, MTM stage 1, Oettinger RE's, Bilstein Sports, Vogtland springs, H&R Swaybars, DBA 4000 rotors, EBC Yellow stuff pads, 710N DV's, F1 tints, RS4 clutch

dj thumpa

Beautiful, will have to have a tinker tonight and see how accurate the ol' jap import really is..

Thanks guys? :)

dj thumpa

Well, got the vehicle speed going sweet on the display. As you outlined on the previous thread it is 8% out from the dash.
However, the Engine speed RPM didn't wanna display.. just showed a static 441?
Still, a useful little trick to have up me sleeve? :P