Factory springs wanted 97 A4 QT

Started by tempq18t, September 29, 2005, 09:17:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

tempq18t

Hi all,
I am after a set of factory height springs for my 1997 A4 quattro turbo.
The car has been lowered, not by me though and is rather impractible. Just sold the missus Suzuki 4x4 so need to raise the Audi so I can get down forest roads to go mountain biking.
If anyone has a set sitting around from lowering theirs I would be happy to take them off your hands.

PM me if you can help.

cheers
Mike

RS ZWEI

Quote from: tempq18t on September 29, 2005, 09:17:59 AM
Hi all,
The car has been lowered, not by me though and is rather impractible. Just sold the missus Suzuki 4x4 so need to raise the Audi so I can get down forest roads to go mountain biking.
If anyone has a set sitting around from lowering theirs I would be happy to take them off your hands.

PM me if you can help.

cheers
Mike

Mike, what are you going to do with your lowering springs? How much lower than standard are they?
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

tempq18t

I am not sure how much lower they are, according to the warrant guys I just make the grade for height.
Don't know what make or age they are either as they were in the car when I got it.  :-\
No plans for them so they will be open to removal from my garage - keep the woman happy that will  ;)

1.8t

Quote from: tempq18t on September 29, 2005, 09:17:59 AM
Hi all,

PM me if you can help.

cheers
Mike

Off topic but where do you mountain bike? Woodhill?

I used to be a keen biker, still sort of am but am bikeless at the moment! Bike or mk2 is the question!

Apparently at woodhill they are relocating the carpark closer to the main road so you dont have to drive as far on the raods. If you want more info ill try find the link :)
Dudlee the 86 318i
Past.. 95 328i M Coupe, 97 Pug 306, 97 Vento

tempq18t

Yeah, they claim that they are moving the carpark. Still find mine really impractical being so low. Going to have a race car so happy to turn my Audi into a proper family car  ::)

dj thumpa

How low is it with those springs? Does it scrape on just about every speed bump or not too bad? Is the ride very rough?
Im thinking bout dropping mine maybe 30-40mm tops? but not keen if its gunna make the car a pain for everyday driving.
Ive gotta do a fair road trippin up and down the country for sales calls and Im nervous it may be a hassel with the car dropped..
She handles mint as is, so it would purely be for cosmetics? ;)

tempq18t

Hey dj thumpa,
it bottoms out on some of the newer skinny high judder bumps but is fine on the road. handles mint, not a hard ride at all.
Just things like steep driveways, forest roads, friends out in the country driveways. parking next to curbs the missus almost breaks her back trying to get out cos you are at the level of the footpath. lifting the son in and out with it that low - I am 6'4"
If you are in Akl you can check it out if ya like.
just giz a buzz 0274819034.

dj thumpa

Welll, im farely nimble, single and childless (as far as im aware..) so that probly wouldn't pose a problem. I might be Aucks next week or the the following so if you'r not sorted by then l'll give ya a yell. Cheers, Warwick?