RS6 - Low start - Is this the Turners one?

Started by weta.worker, December 12, 2009, 07:37:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RS ZWEI

Quote from: weta.worker on December 17, 2009, 08:04:38 PM
http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=259875427&permanent=0

Well people are asking some relevant questions.  :D

Audi have been stipulating 100,000k or five year intervals for changing the cam belts and water pump for some time now rather than the old 120k. So that means there is only 4,000k left provided they were done less than five years ago. Can you tell us the date these were done, as it may be due now. Thankyou.  trev10 (22 )  5:42 pm, Thu 17 Dec
Answer: That is incorrect please check with Audi on a 1999 2.7L S4 v6 Biturbo the cambelt should be changed every 120,000kms along with the water pump. This is all in the service book, and what Audi states when it should be done, but by all means check with Audi. 7:48 pm, Thu 17 Dec

Question: hi , just and FYI, I'm also an Audi owner and these types of cars need their cambelt replaced every 60K not 120K... weta.worker (79 )  7:42 pm, Thu 17 Dec
Answer: Incorrect for a 1999 S4, please check with Audi and you will find it is every 120,000km. My car has been serviced since birth by Audi are you saying they don't know when the cambelt and water pump should be changed? 7:51 pm, Thu 17 Dec

Question: http://www.ecstuning.com/Audi-B5_S4--2.7T/Engine/Timing/ (60k miles) weta.worker (79 )  7:47 pm, Thu 17 Dec
Answer: Please ring Audi service (ECS is not Audi) and ask the question how many kms should a 1999 S4 have its cambelt changed at, you will find its 120,000km 7:55 pm, Thu 17 Dec

Question: Strange. That's exactly what one of my work colleagues did before buying his B5 S4 recently and they told him exactly what I posted. I've got a RS4 and I've been told the same info as well. Someone has it wrong. Oh well - yours is still going I guess! weta.worker (79 )  8:03 pm, Thu 17 Dec
Answer: Please no more questions on the cambelt I have answered them above, please if you have doubts about what I am saying ring AUDI. I will not answer more questions about when the cambelt should be changed, its all above.  8:06 pm, Thu 17 Dec

60,000 miles is roughly 100,000kms.
1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

weta.worker

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on December 17, 2009, 08:14:49 PM
60,000 miles is roughly 100,000kms.

yup - that's why the "60k miles" part is there.   He's still 20K over on his numbers (and he did say it was 130K on the first change).   But the car is still going I guess!

If you were keen on getting it , the first thing you'd do is the cambelt and accessories.

and the second thing for me would be the seats!
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

SteveC

weta.worker

interesting.  'Bigbrands' is no longer leading the auction.  Looks like his bids have been removed

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=259822517

1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

RS ZWEI

Quote from: weta.worker on December 18, 2009, 06:56:37 PM
interesting.  'Bigbrands' is no longer leading the auction.  Looks like his bids have been removed

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/Listing.aspx?id=259822517

Yeah, see what he says about his S4:

Seller Comment: Another thing I can tell you is that this is a very RARE CAR,an S4 Avant that is manual its almost non existant.Continental Car Services made me aware of how rare they were on Friday when I was there looking at another car.They said they can actually go up in value due to rartity & demand.

All B5 S4's are manual  ::) Oh yeah, and they are going up in value . . . What a Turkey!

1980 VW Golf GTI Track Car
1995 Audi RS2
2003 Mini Cooper S (Written off - rear ended)
2005 Mini Cooper S
2006 Skoda Octavia vRS Combi
2009 Renault Megane 230 R26 (Written off - rear ended)
2013 Renault Megane RS265 Redbull RB8

le mans

Yeh what a Turkey  ::) - I put some pertinent info on his auction too so will be interesting to see if he answers. Now we are all rabbiting on about a '4' on the '6' forum lol

weta.worker

Quote from: Golfboy666GTI on December 18, 2009, 06:59:32 PM
Yeah, see what he says about his S4:

Seller Comment: Another thing I can tell you is that this is a very RARE CAR,an S4 Avant that is manual its almost non existant.Continental Car Services made me aware of how rare they were on Friday when I was there looking at another car.They said they can actually go up in value due to rartity & demand.

All B5 S4's are manual  ::) Oh yeah, and they are going up in value . . . What a Turkey

Yeah, I've questioned that as well.  had a look on wikipedia and it said something about a 5 speed auto option but I've never seen one so they sound more rare than the manuals!

this guy is a real winner...
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

weta.worker

Quote from: le mans on December 18, 2009, 08:23:44 PM
Yeh what a Turkey  ::) - I put some pertinent info on his auction too so will be interesting to see if he answers. Now we are all rabbiting on about a '4' on the '6' forum lol

heeheehee!  I'm sure no one minds the entertainment :D
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

weta.worker

hmmm - one of my unanswered questions have been removed...

I've had no email from trademe or anything - it's just not there.

It went along the lines of how the manuals aren't rare and that I've never seen a auto.  have been keeping an eye on trademe for ages and never seen one.  I know they are out there etc but thought they were only in the UK.

I guess I need to add something relevant to a buyers question as well...
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

weta.worker

have resent the question with a bit more of a buyer interest angle

Question: hi, not sure why u deleted my last unanswered question as it was relevant information about this car in the NZ market. Anyways, for your info, I am keeping an eye on this car for a friend (he knows how long I spent researching \ shopping for my RS4 & I was looking at both the S4 & the RS4 B5's) but as stated in the question u deleted, I don't recall ever seen a S4 auto on Trademe (I looked at about half a dozen s4's). I know they are out there but thought they were a UK thing. weta.worker (79 )  6:53 am, Sat 19 Dec

1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE

RS4

interesting how the bids from Bigbrands were removed from the auction.......
Audi RS4 450 BHP, Milltek, intake, remapped (sold)
VW Edition 30, 307 BHP remap. Manual. (sold)
Audi S6 V10, Milltek , Audi A4 B8 (sold)
VW Golf MK6 Gti, Black
Skoda Octavia vRS TDi, Blue, Coilovers, Mapped, 19's SOLD
Audi B7 A4 3.0 TDi , Mapped, more to follow

le mans

Weta, are you looking to trade up to a C5 RS6 already? I think they are the best value superwagons you can get your hands on at the moment.

le mans

Was still sitting on $30,000 when I checked 6 hours before closing. What was the final price in the end?

Trofeo

Quote from: le mans on December 22, 2009, 02:22:40 PM
Was still sitting on $30,000 when I checked 6 hours before closing. What was the final price in the end?
$35,300.
2015 Amarok 4WD auto
2018 Golf R-Line Tsi

weta.worker

Quote from: le mans on December 20, 2009, 08:52:10 PM
Weta, are you looking to trade up to a C5 RS6 already? I think they are the best value superwagons you can get your hands on at the moment.

nah - just tyre kicking at the mo. :D

I don't want to give up the RS4, so want an addition rather than a trade.  it'll be mucho $$ though so will probably seriously look in a year or two

right now we're just cramming things into the 4!

we're actually in Hastings at the mo.  Spent 2 nights in Levin with my parents, 4 nights up in Hamilton with my partners grandma, 4 nights camping in Waipatiki and now we're in Hastings for 2 nights at her mums house, then we're off to Porangahau to meet up with some mates from Wellington for 4 nights.

so far the 4 has done really well - it's loaded to the hilt with camping gear and has worked its way up and down the north island without any hiccups.  I even managed to keep a space in the rear so I can see behind me (luxury!)

not sure how much space a 6 would give us as we're having another baby in June.  thinking more one of those Thule roof racks?  (not sure how to spell it!) - or less camping and more renting of holiday homes.

:D
1994 RS2 GUARDS RED
2001 RS4 NOGARO BLUE