Panamera Sales

Started by brian, December 18, 2009, 02:23:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

brian

Well, some of us may still be a bit undecided on the looks but obviously a lot are not as I see that after only 3 months on sale they have already built 10,000 cars and they are selling like hot cakes, breakdown as below:

44% 4S
36% Turbo
20%  S

So, not too many opting for the economy model
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

rambo_005

Quote from: brian245 on December 18, 2009, 02:23:14 PM
So, not too many opting for the economy model

... and there is still the basic Panamera V6 and possible V6 Diesel versions to come.

It will be interesting to see how the sales break down once they are in the mix.

Pristle

Someone say recession.....?

GlenT

Isn't there a wagon on the cards?

80 Vert

Having taste obviously doesn't come into the decision making process, the thing is just so damn ugly  :laugh:
2010 T5 Transporter TDI  Tuned by Superior Tuning NZ
2003 Jetta Coupe soon to be R36TT
1991 Golf GTI 2.0 TSI swapped
1963 Type 34 Karmann Ghia, turbo 2.0
1990 Porsche 964 911 Carrera 4
1980 1303 Beetle vert, under restoration

tempq18t

Quote from: vert1 on December 24, 2009, 09:44:30 PM
Having taste obviously doesn't come into the decision making process, the thing is just so damn ugly  :laugh:
and huge, you fit well in America where size is what counts

SteveC

Top Gear UK (I think) compared it with a Maser Qporte and picked the Maser as a more charismatic ride

brian

Quote from: SteveC on December 27, 2009, 08:18:56 PM
Top Gear UK (I think) compared it with a Maser Qporte and picked the Maser as a more charismatic ride

Thing to remember, charaismatic and capable are often mis-understood. Autocar tested the mk6 Golf Gti and on every count it was faster, handled better and supassed the mk5 on every other comparasion and then they said that the mk5 was 'more involving' ..................................I presume they meant that you would be off the road and in shock trying to keep up with the newer car
Škoda Fabia 1.0 TSI Race Blue

Simon MkII

You really need to experience the whole Panamera package to get a good idea what its about. Same with other cars like the Masa 'porte. The Panamera is horribly ugly but my god it is a fantastic machine, and a pretty incredible piece of engineering imo.
Mazda Mx5