Wheres best for Audi Service in Wellington?

Started by jimbo01, May 26, 2011, 11:30:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jimbo01

Anywhere recommneded for work on the Audi Allroad here in Wellington.  For my BMW I go to Page European. I have a couple of glitches with the AllRoad that I need to get checked out.
- the indicators have stopped blinking, but the hazzard lights are fine.
- when it's cold (below about 12 degrees) the radiator warning comes on, but only for about 30 seconds  ???  It has plenty of coolant.
- occasionally get ABS, Traction Control, and Suspension warning lights, but once the car is re-started they clear and stay cleared

Economy remains impressive - about 50 liters for 550km with mainly round town running, andn a trip over the Rimutaka Hill.  In sports mode it can really haul and effortlessly passes just about anything.  On the downside it understeers like a bitch and is too soft in the suspension even on setting number 1. The Honda Odyssey V6 4WD is the better drive  :o 

wgtngti

I've (and a few others on here) have used Powerhaus in Thorndon. They seem to work on anything european, always a lot of VAG cars in there.
2023 Audi Q4 50 Sportback
2019 Audi RS4
2017 VW Tiguan R Line (sold)
2016 VW Golf GTI Edition 40
2011 VW Golf R (sold)
2008 VW Golf GTI (sold)
2007 VW Golf GTI Edition 30
2003 VW Golf V5 (sold)
1984 VW Golf GTI Cabriolet (sold)
1983 VW Golf GTI

jimbo01

:)
Thanks - I've got it booked in to Powerhaus for some work next Wednesday - sounds like the radiator sensor is dodgy, and the flasher unit has failed.  Will get both sorted and a complete cooling system flush. When I get it serviced in Auguest I'll get a transmission flush as well to be on the safe side.
Jim

jimbo01

:o

On Saturday our Audi Allroads Colling System failed.  1st indication was the Aircon started blowing cold air - and as it was 7.5 degrees outside it was frigid. Parked the car and got out noticing steam coming from under the hood, and a trail of water coming from under the car. 

Surprised as on the 23rd of June Powerhaus checked the colling system and said it was all OK, although the mechanic thought the thermostat may be faulty as the temp on the guage didn't rise fast enough.  Replacement is a major deal as the Cambelt has to come off which would take about 5 hours - ouch.  Nothing done about the Cooling Temp Sensor as it didn't give an alarm while they checked it.

I have confirmed that a failed G62 Coolant Temperature sensor is apparently a common fault with VW and Audi cars that use the sensor.  It's failure will cause the warming issue I took it too them with, and apparently also the issue with the guage not reading correctly (we had no idea what was correct or not).

I've gotten the car to Powerhaus and have emailed them.  I'll drop the keys off tomorrow.  Have included instructions to repair the leak and this time replace the G62 sensor, do a complete cooling systme flush and put in new cooling fluid, and if possible steam clean my engine bay.  Hoping that the leak is just the result of a clamp or hose failing after the checkup the other week.