NZ Corrado list

Started by rambo_005, January 07, 2010, 10:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wilco

Hey Rossi, nice to see you're still around.

Kooza

Quote from: Rossi on January 15, 2010, 09:16:50 AM
Hi Guys

Good to see my car hasn't been forgotton! I ended saving a few parts from the black LHD car before it met its fate, have doors, front guards and bumper and a spare bonnet if anyone ever needs.

Hi Rossi, it's been a long time since the "Corrado corral" shoot for Classic Car Mag. Hope all is well.
I'm after some RH Door plastics if you still have them as the G60 got broken into before Xmas and is now leaking when wet.

GLIDN

there are also 2 white vr6 corrado's too.

one manual and one Auto.
Pretty sure Manual was NZ new Was sold by bill tapper around 8.5 years ago.
Audi A4 DTM - K04 NZ New | All bolt-ons | Carbon Clean done
2012 MK6R Golf |Stage 3+ | Stage 4 DSG | Tuned & Built by HSP Tuning

d1eng

Hi all, I am a happy bunny. Just bought the Black one off James. Picking her up on Sunday. I had a G60 Corrado (nugget yellow) rhd in the Uk as well as an Oak Green Mk2 Golf Gti. I have been driving around in a BMW 318is Motorsports 1996 which is a great drive but I have just put her up for sale on trademe. Great car but I had to get the Corrado.

chis

formerly mk1 gti
currently gti engineering mk2 which got ABF'd!
B5 S4
B5 RS4

VeeDub

Great to have you in the club! What are your plans for the car? Congratulations

d1eng

Thanks for the Welcome. I think it was a good buy although I haven't seen the car yet. Picking it up on Sunday. The car is pretty original and want to keep it that way. first thing is to get the paint damage fixed. The heater core has worn out so need to fix that. Not 100% sure what that means to be honest. I don't have a stack of cash so it will be on a as and when basis. need to get hold of her first and remedy the basics, clean her up inside and start looking for things like interior mats. The wheels look like they need a refurb, so either do that or possibly replace with a set of 9Jx16 rears/7.5J Borbet A wheels with flat centres, although I would probably need to import these from Germany. I do a lot of buying and selling on ebay in Germany/uk with VW/BMW wheels so I know my way around and can liaise with the Germans. If anyone has any recommendations of what I "must do" then let me know. :D

d1eng

As per another message I have just posted, the Black corrado is in fact officially Graphite. When I picked her up I thought she looked like a gunmetal grey/graphite but definitely not black. On the service records at Continental motors and on the documentation she is listed as black but when I have had some paintwork done recently the colour code is Graphite.

just thought I would clear that one up for the record. Will get a pic up next wekend now that she looks half presentable!

choppy16v

lol sorry mate. ;) :D old chops not up with the rado play!

VeeDub

I'm wearing a huffer tee right now that says "chop chop". Just thought i'd throw that out there.

Omes

Just popped round our old place to pick up the mail (Bellevue Rd) a few hours ago and spotted in our good ol next door neighbours front drive a UK Corrado in dark blue with still its UK H-reg plates on!!!! I could'nt believe it, of all places, Nuts!!  prob their friends one whom can't register it being non airbagged and a 1991 model year  :o :o
'77 MK1 Golf GTI - Current restoration project

'89 MK2 Golf GTI 8V - Fully restored

'97 MK3 Golf VR6 Highline - Supercharged

'06 MK5 Golf GTI DSG - Family daily duties

Vag_Hag

Oh well pass on their details, I'll gladly take some parts.

Current weapon of choice: B5 Passat Tdi
Corrado 16V - RIP
2008 Seat Ibiza 1.9 Tdi Sport (UK)
2004 Audi A4 Avant 1.9 Tdi (UK)

VeeDub

Quote from: Vag_Hag on October 13, 2010, 07:02:52 PM
Oh well pass on their details, I'll gladly take some parts.

Me too! Doubt they'd part it out though!

slowmo

is the white one in welly in your list? OY....
Current: 2004 MK4 R32 3-door NZ New DBP

Past: 2010 MK6 GTI / 2013 Nissan Leaf LOL / 2007 B7 RS4 / 2006 MK5 R32 / 2005 MK5 GTI / 1998 MK4 GTI / 1997 B5 A4 MTM

rambo_005

Quote from: slowmo on October 14, 2010, 08:24:27 AM
is the white one in welly in your list? OY....

I have a white OY Corrado, if you see it again grab the rest of the plate just in case!

Corrado16v

Hi there,
I've got one of the NZ New Corrado's. 1989 16v, tornado red. I've had it for about 10 years now.

rambo_005

Welcome to VASK!

Is your plate OX**** or VW16V?

Omes

Quote from: VeeDub on October 13, 2010, 07:36:43 PM
Me too! Doubt they'd part it out though!

My old neighbours have told me that recently imported UK corrado now resides on Waiheke island with its new owners. God knows if its got registered? only option is as a classic, being a UK H-reg makes it only just 10years old.
'77 MK1 Golf GTI - Current restoration project

'89 MK2 Golf GTI 8V - Fully restored

'97 MK3 Golf VR6 Highline - Supercharged

'06 MK5 Golf GTI DSG - Family daily duties